Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Duluth, Minnesota

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

I couldn't find a relevant topic (I looked at all 4 pages of list), so here's a new one.

I selected the "Follow this topic" at the "Geologic Column: Fact of Fiction" topic. I was assuming that this would get me some sort of notification when there was a new post.

I also tried this at another topic, but I've since unselected such.

As far as I can tell, selecting "Follow this topic" has no effect (or is that affect?).

So, what results should one be getting from selecting "Follow this topic"?

Moose

ps I also just selected it for this topic.

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

I couldn't find a relevant topic (I looked at all 4 pages of list), so here's a new one.

I selected the "Follow this topic" at the "Geologic Column: Fact of Fiction" topic. I was assuming that this would get me some sort of notification when there was a new post.

I also tried this at another topic, but I've since unselected such.

As far as I can tell, selecting "Follow this topic" has no effect (or is that affect?).

So, what results should one be getting from selecting "Follow this topic"?

Moose

ps I also just selected it for this topic.

Click on your forum name at the very top of the page to the right. Click on My Settings and then select the Notification Options tab. This lets you control whether the notifications go to your notification list or email. If it still isn't working, please let me know.

Another useful feature that I prefer is as follows: Go to your name in the top right corner and click My Content. It will display all of the topics you have replied to and if they have been replied to (when they are bolded with a star beside them). I hope this helps.

#3 Minnemooseus

Minnemooseus

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Duluth, Minnesota

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Click on your forum name at the very top of the page to the right. Click on My Settings and then select the Notification Options tab. This lets you control whether the notifications go to your notification list or email. If it still isn't working, please let me know.

Another useful feature that I prefer is as follows: Go to your name in the top right corner and click My Content. It will display all of the topics you have replied to and if they have been replied to (when they are bolded with a star beside them). I hope this helps.

Thank you. I guess I should have been able to figure that out myself.

You certainly have a lot of notification options.

Just for any future reference for anyone else having this sort of problem - To get to the "My Settings", you need to click on the "Edit My Profile" button at the top right corner.

Added by edit: OK, now I'm seeing a drop-down menu when I click on my user name. I seem to recall that before it was just sending me to my profile page that contained "Edit My Profile" button.

BTW - I think the "Show 'Edit by' line should be an automatic thing and not an editor option.

Added by edit #2: OK, now I know how I was going to the profile page. If you right mouse button click on the user name and then select "open in new tab", you go to your profile page without seeing the drop-down menu.

Edited by Minnemooseus, 09 August 2012 - 05:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users