• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

Front:

“There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.”-- 1 Timothy 2:5

But the Watchtower says: "Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind."--Worldwide Security under the Prince of Peace, page 10

Back:

So Jesus said to the twelve, “You do not want to go away also, do you?” 68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life."
--John 6:67

"the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation," Watchtower 1981 Nov 15 p.21

#2 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

Edited:

“There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.”-- 1 Timothy 2:5

But the Watchtower says: "Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the mediator … to only 144,000 members"--Worldwide Security under the Prince of Peace, page 10

So Jesus said to the twelve, “You do not want to go away also, do you?” 68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life."
--John 6:67

But the Watchtower says: "come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation," Watchtower 1981 Nov 15 p.21

#3 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

I also think this scripture is a great one to put on the Church sign (right across the street from the KH), but there is so much there I don't think it will be absorbed... maybe verse 4 on the front and verse 5 on the back or something?

2 Cor. 4:4 “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.”

Oh, contrast to the Watchtower: "It is vital that we respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God." Watchtower 1957 June 15 p.370

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users