• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

I found this documental

What kind of evidence they have to create this comparison?

#2 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5714 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

My cousin used to say in some of the books he read claimed that Jesus was a student of Egyptian magicians..... or was it Yogi healers?

Seems like there are many stories of this sort flying about. Would be handy to see what evidence they base their claims on.

#3 Chris

Chris

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:My trade is whatever pays the bills. My real passion, and what I hope to make my living from someday, is old-time carpentry. Felling trees, hewing logs with a broad-axe, and building or restoring log structures in the Piney Woods.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Mississippi

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

There are some truths to be gained from other belief systems, for sure. Meekness, humility, kindness to other creatures, etc, etc. But in some fashion they all fall short of the fullness of God's truth. Jesus doesn't (and didn't) need Buddha, Zeus, or anyone else to give His Word a firm foundation. God does that quite well all by Himself.

(Just for the sake of clarity, I am in no way hinting that I believe you'll reach ultimate truth by following other belief systems. Only that there are tidbits within most belief systems that represent a tiny fraction of the whole truth Christianity presents. Clinging to those tidbits will not grant salvation.)
  • Remnant of The Abyss likes this

#4 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Southern USA

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

I didn't watch this past 2:23. This video is demonic, sent from the pit of hell. The narrator is correct, the premise that Christ did not die on the cross does indeed undermine all of Christianity. But it's nothing new, this falsehood has been brought up before.

I ask why any Christian would bother posting, let alone watch this tripe? It is not edifying in any way. I find it grievous to watch even more than a few minutes of this attack on the Lord.

I agree with Chris that there are tidbits to be gained from other religions, but this video is NOT the vehicle to be using.

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

Problem:

There are no major tenants of Buddha that translate, or can be correlated to the teachings of Jesus. Further, the underlying theme of the Life, ministry, death, burial, resurrection, continued ministry, and ascending of Jesus is anathema to the life and teachings of Buddha.

#6 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

What kind of evidence they have to create this comparison?

None, they have to ignore historical record that is widely available to investigate, and has been done so many times. The writings of early church fathers, and secular writings that confirm who Jesus was despite the author hating Christians.

It is simple to see why people like to go back and revise history just under 2000 years after it happened, they want to draw attention, they want to make money, and they want to ease their guilty conscience by trying to deny God in a round about way. I am not going to watch a video where they butcher history so badly for their own purposes. I watched the intro, and that was enough to see where their motives are.

#7 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5714 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

First it claims that Templars may have found what they thought was Jesus' mortal remains. It then states that this is not necessary as it would be impossible to find.

It then claims that Jesus didn't die on the cross

It also compares the three wise men with those of seeking for the Holy one of the Buddhist faith

It then claims that Jesus was from India and returned there and died there. Yet the old man said that Issa... (whom they are calling Jesus) lived and died there, meaning that if he did so then Issa didn't go to Jerusalem as he was already living in Cashmere...

Yet it still states that Jesus was Issa... and the proof? Man made foot prints and hands depicting scars that they claim were brought about via the crucifixion... Yet it was built in 1100 AD..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users