• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:52 AM

You know, I recently added a couple of friends to my facebook page. They had been posting on the Bible page and I was moved to pray for them and show them love. My husband was concerned that they were misrepresenting themselves. I said that with the Almighty as my shield and my rear guard, I wasn't worried.

#22 Salsa

Salsa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Christian
  • Uppsala, Sweden

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

Well, the Bible says this more than once.

Yes, but there is a difference between what the OT says about this and what the NT says.

I know that we cannot come anywhere near gaining the full understanding of how God thinks, and that is not what I meant, but it's important to point out that we can, despite our weaknesses and imperfections, gain access to the mind of God.

I am talking specifically about 1 Corrinthians 2:6-16, which teaches us that we can, by the Spirit, learn to understand what the thoughts of God are. We are not simply sitting here just hoping one day we will find out what God really thinks. No, even today, "We have the mind of Christ".
  • MamaElephant likes this

#23 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

:) Thanks brother. 1 Cor 2:11 "For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God."

Romans 8:9 "If the Spirit truly dwells in you."

Colossians 1:27 "And this is the secret: Christ lives in you."

#24 Salsa

Salsa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Christian
  • Uppsala, Sweden

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

:) Thanks brother. 1 Cor 2:11 "For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God."

Romans 8:9 "If the Spirit truly dwells in you."

Colossians 1:27 "And this is the secret: Christ lives in you."

Thank YOU sister! :Just_Cuz:

#25 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

Again, no offense although I'm wondering if I mistakenly offended yourself and Ikester. I hope I didn't come off as rude there, I don't mean to denegrate anybody's beliefs as we all hold beliefs that are dear to us.

As for Jesus, I don't believe he was the literal son of god or as some say god himself as in the holy trinity. No, I understand him as being the son of god in the sense that we are all the children of god and god is nothing more than the universe whether it be conscious or not. We can't tell, it's something that each one of us must come to and decide for ourselves. Never close your mind, always be open to new ideas and new thoughts which is why I'm here. I've spoken to the scientifically minded, the atheists and the skeptics and now I want to speak to the believers in Jesus and his divinity.

I believe Jesus was a good teacher. He was a good man and he taught the world some valuable lessons which were needed at that time. He preached peace, and non-violence. He prayed for the poor, rebuked the rich, healed the sick and tended to the outcasts of society. But in the end, I believe he was just a man as are we all. While we might not have all the answers, sometimes it's just the journey and the seeking of the truth that makes the difference.

The greatest apostle ever known "Paul" belived that Jesus was a false prophet, so everyone has to begin at some point and can't be expected to know from birth.

#26 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

This moderated forum fosters scientific dialog on creation-evolution, intended to be useful for visitors and searchers, as well as participants.

I am assuming this means non-Christians as well. I do hope that you continue to feel welcome here Deepskies.

#27 SomchaiA

SomchaiA

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Movies. music, science.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

welcome.

namaste is a dead giveaway for a buddhist.

i assume that you dont do the caste type of buddhism found in thailand.

its hard to believe that a passive faith came up with a violent sport.(thai boxing)

I don't understand. I know no caste system in Thai Buddhism. Muay Thai is not Buddhism.

#28 Tubal

Tubal

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Christian
  • Massachusetts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Buddhism is a false religion, based on the false philosophy of the hermetic dragon.
Repent, accept Jesus or be destroyed along with the lies you believe in the second coming. I hope I didn't offend.

Saying there is no way to know God while having the Bible in front of you is rather sad, no offense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users