• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • USA

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

There is power of life and death in the tongue. I struggled with this topic for a while. Out of everyone in the world, why should I have the right to speak out in a forum? Why should I give others rules to follow. It was once said something about Christianity is telling fellow beggars where to find bread. I came to the conclusion - Jesus is the light of the world - and I could point others to him. This is probably a rhetorical question -

Prayer: Father in the foolishness, sinfulness you died for, and vanity of speaking may others see your glory and come to know you through your Son Jesus. Amen.

#2 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:24 AM

Out of everyone in the world, why should I have the right to speak out in a forum?  Why should I give others rules to follow.  It was once said something about Christianity is telling fellow beggars where to find bread.

View Post

It's not only a right but a responsibility. God commissioned us to share the gospel as we have oppurtunity. It doesn't matter what the modern age thinks about that, we are here to please God, not man.

#3 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

It's not only a right but a responsibility. God commissioned us to share the gospel as we have oppurtunity. It doesn't matter what the modern age thinks about that, we are here to please God, not man.

I found this cool verse that someone shared: Deuteronomy 4:9-10...
I also put in "teach your children" in the Berbible bible word search-
God wants us to teach our children his laws so they might have life.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:29 AM

There is power of life and death in the tongue. I struggled with this topic for a while. Out of everyone in the world, why should I have the right to speak out in a forum? Why should I give others rules to follow. It was once said something about Christianity is telling fellow beggars where to find bread. I came to the conclusion - Jesus is the light of the world - and I could point others to him. This is probably a rhetorical question -

Prayer: Father in the foolishness, sinfulness you died for, and vanity of speaking may others see your glory and come to know you through your Son Jesus. Amen.

The difference as to whether should speak out or not is wisdom of the shepherd. You have to graduate from being a sheep before you can be a shepherd. And you cannot give advice in areas you do not know much about. And you pray and ask for God's wisdom to become a shepherd. If it's what God wants as well, things will change and your eyes will be opened.

It is wisdom to know your place and to know it does not warrant more until you are ready. Being humble is a sign that you are the willing clay and will allow the potter to mold you into something new. Humbleness is one of the hardest things to learn. And it's one of the main things that stands in a Christian's way when they want to grow in Christ, yet don't know what's wrong. You show from you post that your heart is ready. You just need to commit, ask for what you want in helping in God's kingdom, and wait for your answer.

God will not do anything until you pray about it.

#5 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

IMHO politics=shepardship I came to the conclusion, may Jesus, the good shepard, lead us...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users