July 29 2011 - The Origin Of Trees

3 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2393 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

* Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Trees: Real Science Friday co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss the current Creation Research Society Quarterly paper, The Origin of Trees, by Tom Hennigan and Jerry Bergman.

* Trouble for Tree Evolution: Some organisms don't readily fossilize because they're made of soft body parts. Trees are made OF WOOD. And they supposedly evolved from non-trees starting 370 million years ago. So since countless millions of fossils have been documented, it should be easy to trace the evolution of trees. Oops. It's not. Paleobotanists document that to them the evolution of trees is a great mystery that simply has not been documented in the fossil record. "The first trees existing in the fossil record were clearly trees," concludes Hennigan and Bergman (and a whole lot of other scientists). Also, modern resin and modern seeds appear in the fossil record before they supposedly evolved. Discrediting evolution is like shooting fish in an oak barrel. (And speaking of fish... perhaps we have an Origin of Fish show in our future! :)

Part 1:

Part 2:

#2 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

hag fish and denovian era would a good place to start, ye old pe.

#3 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:13 AM

* Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Trees: Real Science Friday co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss the current Creation Research Society Quarterly paper, The Origin of Trees, by Tom Hennigan and Jerry Bergman.

* Trouble for Tree Evolution: Some organisms don't readily fossilize because they're made of soft body parts. Trees are made OF WOOD. And they supposedly evolved from non-trees starting 370 million years ago. So since countless millions of fossils have been documented, it should be easy to trace the evolution of trees. Oops. It's not. Paleobotanists document that to them the evolution of trees is a great mystery that simply has not been documented in the fossil record. "The first trees existing in the fossil record were clearly trees," concludes Hennigan and Bergman (and a whole lot of other scientists). Also, modern resin and modern seeds appear in the fossil record before they supposedly evolved. Discrediting evolution is like shooting fish in an oak barrel. (And speaking of fish... perhaps we have an Origin of Fish show in our future! :)

Part 1:

Part 2:

Fred,
Do you think that MAYBE the fact that trees, and fish have no precursors in the fossil record, and the "sudden appearance" of many things (Cambrian explosion) might get one to thinking that maybe there was a creation.

#4 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

And speaking of fish... perhaps we have an Origin of Fish show in our future! :)

Great! Here's a Cambrian fish for you. Not as good as a rabbit, but it makes the point just as clearly.

They are fish-like scales
known as Anatolepis.1 Some have
argued that the scales could belong to
the arthropod phylum, which includes
insects and crustaceans.
However, microscopic studies
reveal that the scales contain dentine,
which is only known in vertebrates.
The researchers feel this is conclusive
evidence that these are fish scales.

REFERENCE:

Monastersky, R., 1996. Vertebrate origins: