ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:32 AM

Some atheist - evolutionist have a complex that they can never be wrong. Especially being proven that way from a creationists. So when they come here and see they cannot use their tactics that continually feed that complex of always being right and realize that they may have to actually debate a creationist on a level playing field they become offended.

Here at this forum we do not allow certain debate tactics from the atheist-evolutionist side because it often gives the other side an unfair advantage to unsuspecting debate opponents. Most anti-creationist and YECH (young earth creationist haters) cannot stand debating neither on a level playing field. This is why they become mad when they find that their usual debate tactics are not allowed here. That name calling, dodging unanswerable questions, moving goal posts, derailing good creation threads, setting up bait threads, making unfounded claims, preaching for evolution, stereotyping people, negative categorizing, etc... All the things that basically have nothing to do with the science in trying to prove evolution, but only to look right always to try and win a debate.

Once it is realized that all they can use here is basically science to prove their case, they suddenly become offended, scared, and not knowing what to do react badly to save face.

Evolutionists:
1) If you have evidence, present it.
2) If you have observations, show us.
3) If you can teach us something new teach us.

But if you come here to use troll tactics, that basically have nothing to do with science but to only always get the upper hand in any debate, you can go some where else.

And for creationists who want to do this as well, same warning. We have punted a few creationists here that were harassing and name calling the evolutionists on this forum. It is a bad representation of Christ and this ministry and that won't be tolerated either. Most here are not a problem, but every once in a while we get a hot head creationist here that won't listen to correction and we have to ban them.

So what is expected from one side is also expected from the other. And with due respect, one side just has a much bigger problem meeting what is expected from them here, as to the reason the rules look like they are being enforced in a one sided manner.

Evolutionists that join here are sometimes like the kid in the class room who cannot seem to follow the rules even though they are simple. Regardless of how many times you tell some not to do something they cannot seem to comprehend, or just want to rebel against the authority here. Some know exactly what they are doing and actually plan it before they come here (trolls), others don;t realize what they are doing because it's the only thing they know how to do.

There is no real debate on the internet that is going to make a profound effect on evolution that it will suddenly falsify it if the evolutionists don't win the debate "every time". And it is because evolutionist have this need to win every debate that they get the I'm always right complex. Our debates here and on any other forums are just a speck of what goes on on the net on a much larger scale. A speck is not going to make much headway because what could we do to become much more than that any how? So if people whom debate here would quit taking like a serious life and death match where they better not lose I think I would not have to ban anyone. I don;t take pleasure in doing that even though I know that some think I do.

But there are times when it feels good to punt a really bad troll. One that is basically an embarrassment to both sides because they act so bad that neither side knows what to say. Those I would have to admit to taking a little pleasure in punting because they do nothing for nobody here even though they think they do.

Anyway this thread was done to show why we do what we do, and why some people get banned because they cannot stand being on a level debate playing field with a creationist. It's basically repulsive to them. Either they are allowed to make the creationists look like little ants they can squash, or they want nothing to do with it.

#2 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

My husband says: You don't win by being right. You win by being loving. :wub:

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

My husband says: You don't win by being right. You win by being loving. :wub:

That only works when someone wants to be loved. Some will take advantage of your loving niceness and rub it in your face. You can tell your husband he's right, but he does not deal with the atheists I deal with everyday. I had to learn the hard way because I started out naive thinking the atheists would be nice to me if I was nice to them. It don't work that way.

#4 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

That only works when someone wants to be loved. Some will take advantage of your loving niceness and rub it in your face. You can tell your husband he's right, but he does not deal with the atheists I deal with everyday. I had to learn the hard way because I started out naive thinking the atheists would be nice to me if I was nice to them. It don't work that way.

I didn't say that they would be nice to you. I didn't say that you need to be nice. Being motivated by love is still the only way to win. B)

It comes down to motive. I get frustrated dealing with the cult mentality of JWs and my husband reminds me that if my motive is to be right, I will never win. We win hearts for Christ when we are motivated by love.

Christ is bold. He speaks truth. He is authoritative. And He is love.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

I didn't say that they would be nice to you. I didn't say that you need to be nice. Being motivated by love is still the only way to win. B)

It comes down to motive. I get frustrated dealing with the cult mentality of JWs and my husband reminds me that if my motive is to be right, I will never win. We win hearts for Christ when we are motivated by love.

Christ is bold. He speaks truth. He is authoritative. And He is love.

Could not have said it better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users