• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 performedge

performedge

Don - a Child of the King

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Being a logician. Debating the origins controversy. Going to heaven. Taking others with me. Seeing the creator.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Rock Hill, SC

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I would think by now that most of you know that Christopher Hitchens has cancer of the esophagus. He may not die tommorrow, but dying he is. He may not die from this cancer, but dying he is. I saw him recently on an interview, and he was half the man he used to be.

He is our enemy in the great fight for truth. He is God's enemy. He has not only decieved himself, but so many others. He believes that mutations can create, while he is living proof that mutations destroy.

Yet God loves him. Jesus died on the cross for him. And maybe, just maybe, we should love him, pray for him, and maybe even ask that God will heal him.

#2 Scanman

Scanman

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • West Virginia

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:57 AM

Mat 5:43  Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47  And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48  Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I would think by now that most of you know that Christopher Hitchens has cancer of the esophagus.  He may not die tommorrow, but dying he is.  He may not die from this cancer, but dying he is.  I saw him recently on an interview, and he was half the man he used to be.

He is our enemy in the great fight for truth.  He is God's enemy.  He has not only decieved himself, but so many others.  He believes that mutations can create, while he is living proof that mutations destroy.

Yet God loves him.  Jesus died on the cross for him.  And maybe, just maybe, we should love him, pray for him, and maybe even ask that God will heal him.

View Post

Good request!

"...for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." Matt 5:45

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

Mat 5:43  Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44  But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46  For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47  And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48  Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I would think by now that most of you know that Christopher Hitchens has cancer of the esophagus.  He may not die tommorrow, but dying he is.  He may not die from this cancer, but dying he is.  I saw him recently on an interview, and he was half the man he used to be.

He is our enemy in the great fight for truth.  He is God's enemy.  He has not only decieved himself, but so many others.  He believes that mutations can create, while he is living proof that mutations destroy.

Yet God loves him.  Jesus died on the cross for him.  And maybe, just maybe, we should love him, pray for him, and maybe even ask that God will heal him.

View Post

Just to note what should be prayed for. Is that his healing brings him to salvation. To do otherwise would be a disservice to what the goal should always be. Facing his own mortality may make him reconsider what he has done throughout his life.

#4 Portillo

Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

I dont think he wants to be prayed for. As soon as he dies though he will discover that he was wrong.

Facing Death, Christopher Hitchens Affirms Atheism

In a letter to the American Atheists conference, Hitchens encouraged fellow unbelievers to remain united and to carry on the “secular revolution.” “Our weapons are the ironic mind against the literal; the open mind against the credulous; the courageous pursuit of truth against the fearful and abject forces who would set limits to investigation (and who stupidly claim that we already have all the truth we need),” wrote Hitchens in the letter, which was also posted on The Richard Dawkins Foundation website on Friday.

The American Atheists organization held its national conference in Des Moines, Iowa, April 21-24, to coincide with the Christian holidays Good Friday and Easter. In his message, the famous atheist shared honestly that he is current having a “long argument” with the “specter of death” in which no one has ever won. But as the idea of death becomes more familiar, he said the “pleading for salvation, redemption and supernatural deliverance” becomes “more hollow and artificial.”

Instead of the “false consolations of religion,” which he equates with superstition, Hitchens said he places his trust in medical science and the support of friends and family. In June 2010, Hitchens was diagnosed with esophageal cancer that is now at stage 4. Ironically, one of the scientists that helped designed the experimental cancer treatment that Hitchens is using is none other than evangelical scientist Francis Collins, the director of the National Institutes of Health.

Last month in an interview with U.K. Telegraph Magazine, Hitchens praised Collins, who has debated him about the existence of God, and said the two have a “wonderful relationship” despite their religious differences. Collins even wrote in The Washington Post a special prayer for Hitchens where he said his prayer is not so much for a supernatural intervention but for a medical miracle for his atheist friend.

But despite Hitchens’ fondness of Collins, he didn’t have nice things to say about religion. In the same sentence, Hitchens described the face of religion as “nuclear-armed mullahs” and “insidious campaigns” to teach “pseudo-science” in U.S. schools. Rallying atheists to form a resistance against “this sinister nonsense,” the cancer-stricken unbeliever called on his fellow atheists to defend and uphold the separation of Church and State. He concluded his letter with the line, “don’t keep the faith.”

http://www.christian...-atheism-49977/

#5 Portillo

Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:06 AM

He is dead now. He finally knows that there is a God and an afterlife.

#6 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

He is dead now. He finally knows that there is a God and an afterlife.

Someone just sent me a link to him where he talks about his cancer, God, people praying for him, and tragedies that happened to his family. Such as 2 suicides. He blames himself for one of them which I got the impression that was the main catalyst for being a militant atheist, In my opinion He also blamed God as much as he blamed himself for his mother's suicide, And the worst of it was he was the one that discovered her body. That would have messed me up too.

Here's the link: http://www.cnn.com/2...tter/index.html

First video on the left.

#7 Portillo

Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

These new atheists like many atheists of the past arent actually atheists, they just had a moment in their lives where they became angry with God.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users