• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4805 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Generally if one speaks of evidence against evolution, or things that defy or contradict the current paradigm there seems to be an almost manic panic to deny, oppose or even misrepresent the evidence given.

I am asking evolutionists, to come forward and to make a case as to why this is so...

Considering that science itself is claimed to be the search for truth, one would expect someone seeking truth to be open to any and all ideas if they are creditable and have the backing of evidence. Why then do we almost have a "head in the sand" position regarding evolutionists and the science that defies the evolutionary paradigm?

It seems contradictory to me that people do this, my take on this is that evolution is held deeply, like on an emotional level in which the evolutionist feels personally attacked when someone gives evidence against that idea.

Any evolutionists care to give a different reason?

#2 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Yes. I've seen people with a "Oh, good lord. You can't possibly doubt evolution" attitude. It's as if they actually believe it to be true from a perspective of reality that only ignorant people deny.

I would say that they are indoctrinated to the point of no return unless they begin to honestly be skeptical about their skepticism.

Enjoy.

#3 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4805 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

I can understand their attitude

However what I don't get is why it is such taboo to critically analyze the "theory" and point out its flaws, even contradictions.

If science really was about the search for truth then such taboo would not be imposed.

In my opinion this means either of two things

1. Science isn't about the search for truth

2. Evolutionists don't believe / follow REAL science

#4 Portillo

Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

A Chinese paleontologist went to America and got a hostile reception when he said that the fossil record contradicts evolution. He didnt understand why since he was just telling the truth. He later said that in China you can criticise evolution but not the goverment. In American you can criticise the goverment but not evolution.
  • gilbo12345 and JayShel like this

#5 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4805 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

A Chinese paleontologist went to America and got a hostile reception when he said that the fossil record contradicts evolution. He didnt understand why since he was just telling the truth. He later said that in China you can criticise evolution but not the goverment. In American you can criticise the goverment but not evolution.

Perhaps I should move to China :P

#6 Richw9090

Richw9090

BANNED

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • (private)
  • Agnostic
  • Tucson

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Portillo, I assume you have some source for that <Admin Edit> ?

Gilbo, it is impossible for me to answer your OP, since you failed to provide an example. Please give me an example, and I'll see what I can say. Oh, and I don't really care what <Admin Edit> on various Internet Forums have said - most of them writing on both sides of the Creation - Evolution debate are <Admin Edit>, and <Admin Edit>. Do you have anything from a reputable source?

Rich

The above post was edited for Ad hominem attacks , Clear cases of misrepresentation, and Negative one-liner type responses... All of which are in clear violation of forum rules, and lacking cordial and civil internet communication.

Further, as the forum rules so clearly state: "The primary goal of this forum is to provide a place for honest, educational, civil, and fun debate on the topic of origins. Given the heated nature of the creation vs. evolution debate, this is not an easy goal to achieve so we will require members to follow the stringent set of guidelines below. To make life easier for the moderators, our goal is to weed-out the troublemakers early, which should also lessen interaction from moderators. We want to have as little editing or deleting of posts as possible, so instead we will seek to edit people”.

Therefore, you are being failry warned; if you continue such spurrious tactics here, you will be removed.

#7 Portillo

Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

"In China we can criticize Darwin but not the government. In America you can criticize the government but not Darwin." - J.Y. Chen, a Chinese Paleontologist,The Wall Street Journal, August 16, 1999

#8 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4805 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Portillo, I assume you have some source for that <Admin Edit> ?

Gilbo, it is impossible for me to answer your OP, since you failed to provide an example. Please give me an example, and I'll see what I can say. Oh, and I don't really care what <Admin Edit> on various Internet Forums have said - most of them writing on both sides of the Creation - Evolution debate are <Admin Edit>, and <Admin Edit>. Do you have anything from a reputable source?

Rich

The above post was edited for Ad hominem attacks , Clear cases of misrepresentation, and Negative one-liner type responses... All of which are in clear violation of forum rules, and lacking cordial and civil internet communication.

Further, as the forum rules so clearly state: "The primary goal of this forum is to provide a place for honest, educational, civil, and fun debate on the topic of origins. Given the heated nature of the creation vs. evolution debate, this is not an easy goal to achieve so we will require members to follow the stringent set of guidelines below. To make life easier for the moderators, our goal is to weed-out the troublemakers early, which should also lessen interaction from moderators. We want to have as little editing or deleting of posts as possible, so instead we will seek to edit people”.

Therefore, you are being failry warned; if you continue such spurrious tactics here, you will be removed.

Consider the fact that amongst all "reputable sources" evidence against evolution is not investigated and is shunted to the side, this would totally substantiate the OP. When have we seen an evolutionist do an experiment, not get the results he / she wanted (as has happened many times) then investigate why and find contradictions.... No an ad hoc explanation is given in lieu of further investigation. In other words they would rather explain away the problems than to try and find out the truth about them... That is not science.

#9 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • USA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

Generally if one speaks of evidence against evolution, or things that defy or contradict the current paradigm there seems to be an almost manic panic to deny, oppose or even misrepresent the evidence given.

I am asking evolutionists, to come forward and to make a case as to why this is so...

Considering that science itself is claimed to be the search for truth, one would expect someone seeking truth to be open to any and all ideas if they are creditable and have the backing of evidence. Why then do we almost have a "head in the sand" position regarding evolutionists and the science that defies the evolutionary paradigm?

It seems contradictory to me that people do this, my take on this is that evolution is held deeply, like on an emotional level in which the evolutionist feels personally attacked when someone gives evidence against that idea.

Any evolutionists care to give a different reason?

Just trying to reason with you, show you my POV
I don't think your points are very logical?

Do I understand you right...
Your saying
A. Pressuposition: "It seems contradictory to me that people do this, my take on this is that evolution is held deeply, like on an emotional level in which the evolutionist feels personally attacked when someone gives evidence against that idea."
B. your conclusion???: Evolution is psuedo science; a faith
Giving my creationist worldview.
What I have found out that helps is to try to discuss their worldview and not only the evidence, since we both have the same evidence.

It's (IMHO and see bible) that the Creation/Evo. issue a heart 'belief' issue and not a knowledge/head (science) issue... Everyone has the general revelation from creation (Theologans see Romans 1:20)
Is a painting evidence for a painter?, etc.

Science - a word for knowledge; faith - a belief or trust

People have discussed these topics before here. Can you reword it/ what are you trying to say?

#10 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4805 posts

• (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Just trying to reason with you, show you my POV
I don't think your points are very logical?

Do I understand you right...
Your saying
A. Pressuposition: "It seems contradictory to me that people do this, my take on this is that evolution is held deeply, like on an emotional level in which the evolutionist feels personally attacked when someone gives evidence against that idea."
B. your conclusion???: Evolution is psuedo science; a faith
Giving my creationist worldview.
What I have found out that helps is to try to discuss their worldview and not only the evidence, since we both have the same evidence.

It's (IMHO and see bible) that the Creation/Evo. issue a heart 'belief' issue and not a knowledge/head (science) issue... Everyone has the general revelation from creation (Theologans see Romans 1:20)
Is a painting evidence for a painter?, etc.

Science - a word for knowledge; faith - a belief or trust

People have discussed these topics before here. Can you reword it/ what are you trying to say?

Can you please not insert your own conclusion in. Nowhere have I stated that therefore evolution is pseudoscience.

I have stated what evolutionists do and have given what I think to be the reason, and then I asked if the evolutionist can give the actual reason.

If you read the OP basically I am asking for the evolutionists to state on what grounds do they not investigate the problems or contradictions of evolution, rather than giving ad hoc claims.

I thought it was pretty clear considering

"Any evolutionists care to give a different reason? "

"It's (IMHO and see bible) that the Creation/Evo. issue a heart 'belief' issue and not a knowledge/head (science) issue... Everyone has the general revelation from creation (Theologans see Romans 1:20)"

Yes it is a belief issue that is what I am talking about.... something held deeply at the emotional level is a belief.. Hence I am not talking about this being an issue of knowledge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users