#1 Glenn Williams

Glenn Williams

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Ashburn, Va.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hello to everyone. I finally signed up for an account after seeing that this is a discussion forum that appears to be fair and equitable. I appreciate the time and effort that Fred devotes to this site.

My name is Glenn and I run a small church in front Royal Virginia. I am a network engineer by trade and have been in communications for 28 years so I fully understand the need for uncorrupted data. :lol:

I only understand many of the sciences that you know from a layman's perspective but I believe I have a good sense of right and wrong. One of the reasons that I'm here is to try to bring a better understanding of evolution to our church as I feel that most of our members could not hold their own on topics like evolution or the flood.

I have learned quite a bit from things that I've read on this forum already and will try to participate now and again where I can but mostly I will be learning.

Thank you all for your input, including the misguided evolutionists that we can at least bounce things off of them.

#2 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

Hello Glenn, and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find plenty of good information here.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

Glad to have you, welcome to the forum.

#4 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:27 AM

Hey Glenn,
Glad you made it. :) Welcome. Trust we can share in equipping God's people through "casting down imaginations, and every arguement that exalts itself against the knowledge of God." AFJ

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

I only understand many of the sciences that you know from a layman's perspective but I believe I have a good sense of right and wrong. One of the reasons that I'm here is to try to bring a better understanding of evolution to our church as I feel that most of our members could not hold their own on topics like evolution or the flood. 

View Post

By the way Glenn, what you’ll find most often, is that the layman usually understands science better than most evolutionists. You see, the evolutionist will convolute definitions, use conversion by definition, or simply change portions of the scientific method to MAKE evolution fit. So if you keep in mind the flow chart below, as the basics of the empiric scientific method, you’ll easily diffuse most evolutionists’ arguments:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users