Apr 1 2011 - An Extinct Bird - Archaeopteryx

No replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:16 AM

Listen here.

* Archaeopteryx, Bison, Pelican, Chimp, & Cancer: Co-hosts Fred Williams with Creation Research Society, and Bob Enyart, on this episode of Real Science Friday draw from the latest issue of Creation magazine, April - June 2011, to discuss:
- Archaeopteryx Just a Bird: After decades of textbooks saying otherwise, this bird is no longer considered transitional. It's just a bird, with wings, feathers, wishbone, perching feet, and bird bones and brain case. As Prof. of Avian Evolution and world authority on birds at the University of North Carolina, Dr. J. Alan Feduccia, has said, "Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth-bound, feathered dinosaur. But it's not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of ‘paleobabble’ is going to change that." And NOW, SOFT TISSUE! Yes, just like the other soft-tissue dinosaurs, according to the Proceedings of the Nat'l Academy of Sciences, an allegedly 150-million year old Archaeopteryx fossil contains all kinds of original biological material.
- Bison Bleed: If one bison is wounded and bleeding the whole herd rubs in the blood so that predators will not be able to target the vulnerability within the herd (from a Denver Post article about a Colorado herd increasingly expressing it's wild genes). Bob and Fred discuss the mechanics of how this might evolve, in a fanciful sense.
- Pelican Fossil: Once again, evolutionists are "surprised" because a supposedly 30-million year old pelican fossil looks suspiciously like a modern species. In fact, there seems to be a trend: the more "remarkably preserved" a fossil is, the more scientists admit that they're "so similar to modern" species. Yes. And where's all the genetic variation, including deterioration, from mutations that should have happened over all that time? It's not there.
- Chimp's Y Chromosome: Oh boy. It's way different from ours. "Horrendously different" in fact!
- Cancer and Egyptian Mummies: and the increasing mutation-driven genetic load on the human race and what a leading geneticist and cancer researcher are saying against evolution.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users