• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:08 AM

We live in a day when the ressurection is not much talked about, except in the commentaries of a theologian's bookshelf. That's sad! Because the ressurection is ALL the first disciples talked about! The reason is they were experiencing the power that raised Jesus from the dead! Are we? If not, then how do we do that?

But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Romans 8:11

Atheists want proof that God is, but they are seeking it the wrong way, and in the wrong place. You can't find God in a multitude of journal papers, textbooks, degree programs, or in a lab. He must be IN YOU personally! The only way they'll ever BEGIN to see is if HE is LIVING in us! But how can he live in us if we don't even FEEL his presence in our mortal (subject to death and decay) body.

Our flesh is corrupt and sinful. The only thing that is GOOD is the presence ot God making a connection with us. That is only achieved by taking TIME to seek God!! It's just like anything else you want to be good at--it takes time to and focus to get good at it! I wanted to get better at talking to evos, so I had to spend time reading what they were reading, so I could get better at communicating with them. In the same way, we have to spend time 'getting God!' If we don't then our relationship to God is only MENTAL! We believe, but we don't pay attention to WHOM we believe in. And so the SPIRIT begins to fade in our life. What happens then is DEATH begins to creep in more and more.

So if we want to get back, we have to 'get God' into our lives. That only happens whent the SPIRIT is in our mortal bodies, and thriving. Not just a ghost of 'what once was.' But a thriving current 'sit down with God' relationship. Thwn we can begin to live again, and we'll know the SPIRIT gives life to this corrupt body!!!! :Just_Cuz:

#2 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:30 AM

The only thing that is GOOD is the presence of God making a connection with us.

Amen!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users