• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2330 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:28 AM

Some have asked why they can't edit their posts after a certain time. We had a mole some time ago, an evolutionist posing as a creationist who fooled one of our Admins at the time into allowing him to be a Moderator. When Ikester & I became suspicious of this guy, I called him on the carpet on a few things and next thing I know he starts editing his posts to cover his tracks (a big clue our suspicions were correct - FYI we later found a "smoking gun" on another forum that proved he was a mole). This caused us to limit the amount of time a member can edit his post. Right now the setting is 30 minutes. This seems like enough time to correct any immediate problems, and I don't want it set much higher. Maybe 45 minutes, 1 hour max. If anyone has thoughts on this feel free to share them here.

Fred

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:43 AM

Maybe an hour to give people time to do research while posting. And if we have no problems we can leave it there. If we do, we can always change it back.

#3 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2330 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:26 AM

Maybe an hour to give people time to do research while posting. And if we have no problems we can leave it there. If we do, we can always change it back.

View Post

Sounds good to me.

Fred

#4 Bruce V.

Bruce V.

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Northern Califiornia

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:09 AM

Sounds good to me.

Fred

View Post

I don't like this rule. I know we sometimes have to make rules for that bad apple.

I am a bad speller and would like to edit my posts so that I don't look stupid-LOL

Just a thought,

God bless,

Bruce

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:08 PM

The google toolbar that you can down load here: http://toolbar.googl...ar&tbbrand=GZAZ

Has a spell check built in that works with most forums, including this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users