ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

About a week ago I learned something that was shocking. Every 5 minutes around the world, a Christian somewhere loses their life for what they believe. That means if it takes you 10 minutes to just scan this forum for new posts, and respond to others, 2 Christians have died.

1 hour = 12 deaths.
The average 8 hour work day = 96 deaths.
A 24 hour day = 288 deaths.
etc....

It makes me realize that what we complain about in our lives is trivial. We complain that God does not answer our prayers when we don't get promoted at our jobs, healed from our sicknesses, more money, a new car, a new house, etc.... When these people give their lives everyday and are our brothers and sister in Christ. If our life became in danger for what we believed, would those material things even matter anymore? of course not. and if not doesn't that mean that our focus is not on the right things?

#2 Geode

Geode

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Mormon
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

About a week ago I learned something that was shocking. Every 5 minutes around the world, a Christian somewhere loses their life for what they believe. That means if it takes you 10 minutes to just scan this forum for new posts, and respond to others, 2 Christians have died.

1 hour = 12 deaths.
etc....

It makes me realize that what we complain about in our lives is trivial. We complain that God does not answer our prayers when we don't get promoted at our jobs, healed from our sicknesses, more money, a new car, a new house, etc.... When these people give their lives everyday and are our brothers and sister in Christ. If our life became in danger for what we believed, would those material things even matter anymore? of course not. and if not doesn't that mean that our focus is not on the right things?

Good post. This is something that all of us that are Christians should all reflect upon from time to time and re-adjust our focus as necessary.

#3 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2398 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

1 hour = 12 deaths.
etc....

This is a great reminder of how we need to keep things in perspective!

OK, now that this is behind us, I just remembered I need to go remind a few people that they are idiots for not agreeing with me. Posted Image Posted Image

Fred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users