Mar 15 2011 - Don't Blink

No replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2476 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

Listen here.

* Biomimetics and the Kearns' Blinking-Eye Wiper: God's design of mankind's blinking eyelids inspired American inventor Robert Kearns to patent an intermittent windshield wiper. The average human being blinks 500 million times providing crucial maintenance for our eyes. And on this Real Science Friday show co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart make the first-ever RSF prediction!

* RSF Prediction #1: Dawkins and Eye Wiring: Real Science Friday makes a prediction that Richard Dawkins will never again repeat his discredited claim that the human eye was poorly designed in that it is "wired backwards." It turns out that the "backwards" wiring of the human eye has extraordinary design advantages including that it enables the rapid replacement of cells destroyed by bright light. Fred makes an ancillary prediction that evolutionists generally will keep referring to this discredited claim. And see our PZ Myers Trochlea Challenge, when PZ went all ad hominum on us, and so we went all ad hominid on him.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users