I Used To Watch Tbn, Until I Read This

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gott allein zur Ehre

Gott allein zur Ehre

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Books, Video Games, Creation Science, the Word of God, Studying Foreign Languages (particularly German), Anime
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Laguna, Philippines

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

It's a relatively old article by John MacArthur.

http://www.gty.org/r...s/articles/a391

I had no idea that things were like this until I read it. I'm just shocked.

Sorry if the post is short... I have to go to a Bible Study now. >.<

#2 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Yes, it's despicable. Peter Popoff was caught with an earpiece. Someone was telling him the persons affliction so when they went on stage Popoff would make it seem like he had a word from God. Benny Hinn is another charlatan. The list goes on. Unfortunately, some folks are taken in by these wolves in sheep's clothing because they have a need to believe. But they are false teachers and God will deal with them most severely, so they can take in this life but they will have to answer for it when they meet their maker. Woe to them.

#3 Chris

Chris

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:My trade is whatever pays the bills. My real passion, and what I hope to make my living from someday, is old-time carpentry. Felling trees, hewing logs with a broad-axe, and building or restoring log structures in the Piney Woods.
  • Christian
  • Mississippi

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

There is no "tacit acceptance" by anyone I know. I can count perhaps one or two people who believe that those snake-oil salesmen are truly anointed. The rest of us know they're fakes. Just because we aren't waving signs in the street and screaming ourselves hoarse doesn't mean we accept and approve of it. I don't approve of h*m*s*xuality, but I doubt I'll be spending my weekends off waving a sign on the street corner or penning scathing articles for the local press.

Shame to see how things really are with TBN. I'm not certain what else we can do after they've been exposed so many times, prophesied so many things that never happened, promised prosperity that never came, etc, etc. It's like politicians: we KNOW they lie, but we haven't figure out how to get rid of them. :silly_fight:

#4 Gott allein zur Ehre

Gott allein zur Ehre

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Books, Video Games, Creation Science, the Word of God, Studying Foreign Languages (particularly German), Anime
  • Christian
  • Laguna, Philippines

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

This is a very shameful thing... What I see as just as destructive is that it disillusions many and causes them to turn the wrong way. I mean, I knew several of them didn't have their word on straight, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I watched Charles Stanley's whenever our Bible Studies were for some reason cancelled for the Sunday.

Now I guess I have to move on to a 'substitute' with real substance. I'm glad the Lord brought me to this place. :D

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

It's a relatively old article by John MacArthur.

http://www.gty.org/r...s/articles/a391

I had no idea that things were like this until I read it. I'm just shocked.

Sorry if the post is short... I have to go to a Bible Study now. >.<

I quit watching TBN over ten years ago, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the reasoning behind that article; having said that, I find myself a little concerned with BOTH ends of this argument (i.e. those who preach too much on healing and prosperity, AND those who teach too little on healing and prosperity). If we go back and study the life of the one who Christianity is named after, AND He who we are to emulate, when did we find HIM doing during His ministry? HE WAS HEALING, and HE WAS BLESSING! I would further submit "What is the Great Commission"? (Keeping in mind that Jesus is the SAME, today, yesterday and forever... Therfore SO IS HIS WORD!)

It is a given that Jesus didn't "pass the hat" after every healing session, NOR did Peter, Paul, Silas, and Barnabas (etc...), but it was expected that the body of Christ SUPPORT the "Minister" for his labors! To which I say that BOTH of the ends of this controversy are committing "FRAUD" if they aren’t using JESUS as their TEMPLATE.

Just my two cents worth. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users