Geode

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Mormon
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

i am impressed by the look of this website and the main topic covered is one that I have discussed for decades since I am a Christian and also a scientist. I earned both a BA and then an MSc. in geology before spending more than 30 years working as a geologist engaged in the exploration and development of oil and gas. At grad school the topic of evolution was hotly debated between the religion department and schools of science.

So my background is along the lines of earth science and not biology. I often see a lack of understanding regarding geology in discussions of evolution and perhaps I will see some opportunity to offer some of my own opinions coming from my personal experience.

#2 Guest_Eocene_*

Guest_Eocene_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

i am impressed by the look of this website and the main topic covered is one that I have discussed for decades since I am a Christian and also a scientist. I earned both a BA and then an MSc. in geology before spending more than 30 years working as a geologist engaged in the exploration and development of oil and gas. At grad school the topic of evolution was hotly debated between the religion department and schools of science.

So my background is along the lines of earth science and not biology. I often see a lack of understanding regarding geology in discussions of evolution and perhaps I will see some opportunity to offer some of my own opinions coming from my personal experience.

Edit: This is my first post after registering, and I discovered that after making it that the details associated with my name are not as I filled in when making that registration. My affiliation was listed as "Christian" and I did not select "atheist" as listed. I will attempt to find how I can alter these details.

View Post

Hi Geode and welcome to the forum. I'm curious or maybe confused. Did you say you were a Christian ???? I noticed on your profile you registered atheist.

As far as geology goes, I have an interest because of coming from the southwestern United States desert areas where so much geology is openly exposed. I'm interested in flood evidence and evidence of deep earth hydrological cycles. We had another named Ophiolite, but as yet not much on geology yet, just a few hints here and there.

Again welcome. :lol:

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

In drop down menus if you leave it highlighted and happen to use the scrolling roller button on your mouse, it will change your selection. when I'm in the admin control panel doing things I have to make sure I don't make that mistake because a wrong selection can cause a lot of problems. So that was probably what you did. You had christian selected, and because you did not un-highlight that selection it changed when you scrolled up or down on that page.

Welcome to the forums.

#4 Geode

Geode

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Mormon
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

Hi Geode and welcome to the forum. I'm curious or maybe confused. Did you say you were a Christian ???? I noticed on your profile you registered atheist.

As far as geology goes, I have an interest because of coming from the southwestern United States desert areas where so much geology is openly exposed. I'm interested in flood evidence and evidence of deep earth hydrological cycles. We had another named Ophiolite, but as yet not much on geology yet, just a few hints here and there.

Again welcome.  :lol:

View Post

It apparently was a mistake in registration. I was able to correct the wrong entry very quickly, but apparently not before you posted. My profile now correctly lists me as a Christian. I grew up in the Sonoran Desert but moved away a long time ago. Yes, there are some very good outcrops in the region.

#5 Geode

Geode

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Mormon
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

In drop down menus if you leave it highlighted and happen to use the scrolling roller button on your mouse, it will change your selection. when I'm in the admin control panel doing things I have to make sure I don't make that mistake because a wrong selection can cause a lot of problems. So that was probably what you did. You had christian selected, and because you did not un-highlight that selection it changed when you scrolled up or down on that page.

Welcome to the forums.

View Post

Ah, that must have been how I made the mistake when registering. I will be more careful in the future.

#6 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

It apparently was a mistake in registration. I was able to correct the wrong entry very quickly, but apparently not before you posted. My profile now correctly lists me as a Christian.

Since I know you quite well from IMDb, I'll comment on this. Perhaps it was God sending you a message that you are not really a believer. Perhaps. I know you to be a staunch defender and apologist for Mormonism. I know what Mormons believe and over the last year I've come to know what you believe. I challenged you many, many times to tell us which Jesus you believe in. I challenged you to state publicly that you had put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ, the Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible, as your Lord and Savior. Not once did you respond to this simple request. It became obvious that you are not proud or trusting of THIS Jesus. You believe in the Mormon Jesus. This false Jesus who the Mormons claim to be the brother of Satan.

It's too bad you got banned as I would have debated you about Mormonism here. Here where you would not be allowed to equivocate. But equivocation is what got you banished from here, after all, isn't it?

For those of you reading this, wondering why am I posting this message to someone who is banned I offer the following reasons. This person and I have a long history. I am also aware that he still keeps tabs on me. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds this message. The same way I'm not surprised that when he registered for some reason his affiliation came out as Atheist. I can only hope and pray that some day geode finds the Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible as his Lord and Savior. And for any other Christians here reading this, those of you that know him, I hope that you will/continue to pray for his salvation as well.

#7 SomchaiA

SomchaiA

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Movies. music, science.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

Since I know you quite well from IMDb, I'll comment on this. Perhaps it was God sending you a message that you are not really a believer. Perhaps. I know you to be a staunch defender and apologist for Mormonism. I know what Mormons believe and over the last year I've come to know what you believe. I challenged you many, many times to tell us which Jesus you believe in. I challenged you to state publicly that you had put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ, the Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible, as your Lord and Savior. Not once did you respond to this simple request. It became obvious that you are not proud or trusting of THIS Jesus. You believe in the Mormon Jesus. This false Jesus who the Mormons claim to be the brother of Satan.

It's too bad you got banned as I would have debated you about Mormonism here. Here where you would not be allowed to equivocate. But equivocation is what got you banished from here, after all, isn't it?

For those of you reading this, wondering why am I posting this message to someone who is banned I offer the following reasons. This person and I have a long history. I am also aware that he still keeps tabs on me. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds this message. The same way I'm not surprised that when he registered for some reason his affiliation came out as Atheist. I can only hope and pray that some day geode finds the Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible as his Lord and Savior. And for any other Christians here reading this, those of you that know him, I hope that you will/continue to pray for his salvation as well.

What is the point in arguing with somebody who is not here and not allowed here? I don't think having a history elsewhere should motivate what seems to be an attempt to make points that nobody will challenge.

I have had some discussion with this person on another Christian board and he impressed me that he was very Christian. There was no reason not to do so, and his posting was Christian.

#8 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

What is the point in arguing with somebody who is not here and not allowed here?

You missed the point of my post.

I don't think having a history elsewhere should motivate what seems to be an attempt to make points that nobody will challenge.

The point I am making, the one that you missed, is asking others to pray for his salvation. That was my bottom line.

I have had some discussion with this person on another Christian board and he impressed me that he was very Christian.

I've had more than 'some' discussion. I've was trolled and harassed by him for a year. He has contempt for all Young Earth Creationists and trolls all Bible believing Christians on the board I frequent. He calls all YEC's 'dishonest'.

Since you bring this up, and you consider him 'very Christian', how do you feel about him calling the Bible "the musings of men"?? I've got a screenshot of this as proof.

There was no reason not to do so, and his posting was Christian.

This Christian was banned from this forum for equivocating. Let it be known that you are defending a Mormon apologist. On another thread on this board a member came to this same conclusion and stated as such.

Now if you'd like to argue about this further, you can PM me. This is not the place to be bickering. I've got many links to threads that I'm more than happy to supply to you or anyone else that is interested. Posts by geode will clearly show his contempt for all Bible believing Christians and his alignment with atheists and God-haters (anyone who supports his views on evolution).

#9 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Since I know you quite well from IMDb, I'll comment on this. Perhaps it was God sending you a message that you are not really a believer. Perhaps. I know you to be a staunch defender and apologist for Mormonism.

Wow really? There is definitely a Mormon setting available for choice of religion, and I find it deceptive when Mormons try to pass themselves off as Christians given their beliefs are completely different. This would explains a lot. I have changed his religion to Mormon. Thank you for letting us know Remnant. Doesn't change much though, just helps me to understand who he was and where he was coming from retrospectively.

#10 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Wow really? There is definitely a Mormon setting available for choice of religion, and I find it deceptive when Mormons try to pass themselves off as Christians given their beliefs are completely different. This would explains a lot. I have changed his religion to Mormon. Thank you for letting us know Remnant. Doesn't change much though, just helps me to understand who he was and where he was coming from retrospectively.

You're quite welcome, JS. Yes, on IMDb every time someone posts something about Mormonism, this person is quick to come to it's defense. Every. Single. Time. Always claiming he just wants to set the record straight, wants to make sure that the truth be told. But never admitting to *any* of it's problems.

When a friend of mine posted direct doctrine, gotten from the official Mormon website, quoting what they believe, this person's comeback is basically always "not all Mormons believe that" or "Mormons don't really believe that any more". Talk about equivocating. Just look at the Mormonism thread here. Look who's defending it, yet again. :rolleyes:

#11 SomchaiA

SomchaiA

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

I met him on another board and he tells that he is an ex-Mormon. Why he lie about this? I have met Mormons and they have no problem telling that they are. But is it right to change somebody status when they cannot reply?

#12 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I met him on another board and he tells that he is an ex-Mormon. Why he lie about this? I have met Mormons and they have no problem telling that they are. But is it right to change somebody status when they cannot reply?

If he ever once said that he accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and savior and denounced the Mormon Jesus as false, then he would be without a doubt Christian. He never did this when asked to. Furthermore, he said that the Bible is "musings of men". If he rejects the Bible as history, which requires rejecting solid evidence found here and here, then he does so at his own peril. Also, this means that he rejects the Christian God. By his actions, He defends Mormonism and rejects Christianity, so logically, he is a Mormon.

Is it wrong to change his status? No because he was deceptive in claiming to be a Christian in the first place. He posts around the forum making all kinds of claims that compromise the Bible, and so now people can see exactly why he does this. When you find out someone is a liar and deciever, you tell other people so they won't be fooled.

#13 SomchaiA

SomchaiA

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

If he ever once said that he accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and savior and denounced the Mormon Jesus as false, then he would be without a doubt Christian. He never did this when asked to. Furthermore, he said that the Bible is "musings of men". If he rejects the Bible as history, which requires rejecting solid evidence found here and here, then he does so at his own peril. Also, this means that he rejects the Christian God. By his actions, He defends Mormonism and rejects Christianity, so logically, he is a Mormon.

Is it wrong to change his status? No because he was deceptive in claiming to be a Christian in the first place. He posts around the forum making all kinds of claims that compromise the Bible, and so now people can see exactly why he does this. When you find out someone is a liar and deciever, you tell other people so they won't be fooled.

In my own Bible study class there are different interpretations. My interpretation is not always same. That is one reason I am there. I saw Geode quote Bible in same way as other Christians. There are many denominations of Christians with different beliefs, yet belief in Jesus is in all. I don't know Mormons well, but I attended their Nativity show in Bangkok "The Road to Bethlehem" and it all fit with Bible and Jesus.

But it would see that the accusations of one member here are taken as fact without question. It does seem unfair to me for somebody to make claims about somebody that cannot defend themselves. I see Geode cited as being a troll, yet there I have not seen behavior like this here. When banned he was called an atheist and now he is Mormon?

#14 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

In my own Bible study class there are different interpretations. My interpretation is not always same. That is one reason I am there. I saw Geode quote Bible in same way as other Christians. There are many denominations of Christians with different beliefs, yet belief in Jesus is in all. I don't know Mormons well, but I attended their Nativity show in Bangkok "The Road to Bethlehem" and it all fit with Bible and Jesus.

But it would see that the accusations of one member here are taken as fact without question. It does seem unfair to me for somebody to make claims about somebody that cannot defend themselves. I see Geode cited as being a troll, yet there I have not seen behavior like this here. When banned he was called an atheist and now he is Mormon?

I agree, people have different interpretations of the Bible. Many of these people are Christian, but some people are not. Adding to the scripture and twisting the Gospel of Christ, attempting to redefine who Christ is, is one sign of these non-Christians:

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book." (Revelation 22:18)

Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." (1 Corinthians 4:60)

Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar. (Proverbs 30: 6)

This is the difference between a sect and a cult. Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses both do this.

If you don't know much about Mormons I suggest you investigate their beliefs before criticizing my actions. They are wolves dressed in sheeps clothes, especially when they try to deceive people into thinking that they are Christian. If you look into the thread on Mormonism or read more here, you can learn some more info about them and heretical doctrines they teach. LDS Mormons believe in a book called the Book of Mormon, which was written by Joseph Smith who they believe is a prophet of God, but he has been shown to be a false prophet. The Book of Mormon adds to the Bible, twisting the message of salvation, saying that Jesus showed us how to BECOME A GOD. This is NOT the Christian Jesus. I am not even claiming that he is a fundamentalist Mormon, and they are different than LDS Mormons, but just so you know, they practice polygamy, sometimes marrying girls at extremely young ages.

ROTA has sent me proof that geode has openly referred to the Bible as "musings of men" and defends Mormonism in another forum, so no, I did not base my decision of hearsay as you suggest.

You accuse me of moderating unfairly, and changing his status based on hearsay, but your accusations come from a place of ignorance, so you are just causing trouble at this point. Much moderation is dealt with via PMs or in private sections of the forum and is never seen by the average member here. I tried to explain previously but you insist on passing judgement and making accusations against my moderation that you are in no position to make. Consider this a WARNING. Complaining about board moderation is against the rules.

#15 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

When banned he was called an atheist and now he is Mormon?

He called himself an "Atheist" when he registered, then shortly thereafter he changed his religious affiliation to "Christian"; this was mentioned on this thread. So when he got banned, his affiliation was set to "Christian". After he was banned, and just recently, his affiliation was changed to "Mormon".

A question for you, SomchaiA. Do you renounce the Jesus of the Mormon faith?

#16 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1797 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

I had a number of serious run-ins with geode on imdb and he attacked me and a few other YEC's viciously. I understand exactly why he was
removed from this board. 'Equivocation'?...that's putting it mildly. I am behind the moderators on this one.
  • Remnant of The Abyss likes this

#17 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

"I do not agree with those who think that all of the Bible has a stamp of approval from God no matter what (it was written down and assembled by men after all) and that all the musings of men recorded there must be taken as inviolate teachings from the almighty." -Geode

He wants to pick and choose what parts of the Bible he thinks are approved of by God. That is the epitome of musings of men.

He also continuously defends Mormonism as a Christian sect and not a cult, on another site despite his admission that the actions of the Mormon Temple are widely known and documented. What happens in this temple is well documented, it's heresy: http://www.evolution...indpost&p=82703

#18 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

He also continuously defends Mormonism as a Christian sect and not a cult, on another site

The thing is, whenever he's been told this, that he defends Mormonism, he denies it, then calls the person who made this observation about him a "liar". He's once again trolling me on IMDb, embracing the God-haters there in his discussions with them about how "un-Christian" this forum and me specifically are for "lying" about him regarding his Mormonism. But the fact remains, he does indeed defend Mormonism and has since 2005. I've got screen shots of his posts to prove it. Even on this forum he defended Mormonism yet claimed he wasn't. And he has the audacity to claim that everybody else is lying about him. It's the old "Don't believe what your eyes are seeing, believe me instead." attempt to persuade. I suppose I wouldn't expect any less confusion and intentional falsehoods from someone who is still very much steeped in a cult, even though they claim they've "left it".

If in fact one has left a cult, the proof is in the pudding. They bad mouth the cult. Or they SHUT UP about it's "good" points. Geode has not once, ever, bad mouthed Mormonism. Nor has he ever shut up about it (that's why we're having this discussion). Furthermore, right on this very forum, he was challenged to RENOUNCE Mormonism, but never did renounce it, then told everyone he did, using his skillful equivocation, in yet another of his favorite tools of deceptive "Don't believe what your eyes are seeing, believe me instead."

Like I said, I wouldn't expect any less from a member of this cult called Mormonism.

He'll be reading this since he's very much aware of this thread and is discussing it on IMDb with his God-hating friends that he's made there (no other Christians will have anything to do with him). And I just want you to know geode that I believe you are incorrigible. Only God can save your soul. You must accept Jesus Christ of THE BIBLE as your Lord and Savior, NOT the Mormon jesus!!! Alas, I don't see much hope for you. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users