eclectic1993

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • South Carolina

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Hi Everyone,
About a month before Curiosity landed on Mars I got wind of the upcoming event. I started digging into the mission details. One thing led to another and before you know it I was delving into all sorts of scientific topics.

I have to admit though, with each topic, I couldn't help but notice that 'evolution' was mentioned. Not just once, or twice, but several times. I was looking up the geology of the moon, for example, when the article jumped right into evolutionary theory. I simply wanted to know the chemical and mineralogical composition. The Mars MSL mission goals contain 3 of 4 goals embedded with evolutionary concepts. The 4th goal does focus on preparing for manned flight to Mars. That's pretty cool.

I've been a Christian for over 30 years and have always enjoyed science. I became convicted that I should learn more so I began reading on evolution and creation. I've been visiting the EvC forum in an effort to better understand the folks who believe and accept evolution. It's important to me to understand their use of words, definitions, semantic differences, etc. Those folks over there have been kind and I've learned quite a bit. I'm equally interested in learning what today's creationist are saying.

I'm a programmer by trade, I've been an instructor, technician, and spent some time riding submarines punching holes in the ocean.

Regards,
Chuck

#2 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1988 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hi Everyone,
About a month before Curiosity landed on Mars I got wind of the upcoming event. I started digging into the mission details. One thing led to another and before you know it I was delving into all sorts of scientific topics.

I have to admit though, with each topic, I couldn't help but notice that 'evolution' was mentioned. Not just once, or twice, but several times. I was looking up the geology of the moon, for example, when the article jumped right into evolutionary theory. I simply wanted to know the chemical and mineralogical composition. The Mars MSL mission goals contain 3 of 4 goals embedded with evolutionary concepts. The 4th goal does focus on preparing for manned flight to Mars. That's pretty cool.

I've been a Christian for over 30 years and have always enjoyed science. I became convicted that I should learn more so I began reading on evolution and creation. I've been visiting the EvC forum in an effort to better understand the folks who believe and accept evolution. It's important to me to understand their use of words, definitions, semantic differences, etc. Those folks over there have been kind and I've learned quite a bit. I'm equally interested in learning what today's creationist are saying.

I'm a programmer by trade, I've been an instructor, technician, and spent some time riding submarines punching holes in the ocean.

Regards,
Chuck

Hello and welcome aboard!

#3 Bonedigger

Bonedigger

Admin Team

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1038 posts
  • Interests:Creation, Vertebrate Paleontology-particularly mammals and especially Perissodactyls & Carnivores, Hunting, Shooting, Handloading, Weaving Chainmaille, Hebrew and other Biblically relevant languages, Astronomy
  • Christian
  • Colorado

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Regards,
Chuck

Hello Chuck, and welcome to the forum. Posted Image

The problem now is, everything is just cultural conditioning for evolution. On a popular level, they can't separate the actual science (descriptive, observational, empirical science) from the interpretive historical evolutionary stuff. Everything must have an evolutionary "tag" on it, or it doesn't meet the agenda of "approved" science. I feel your pain in desiring an untainted objective description of things, but, unfortunately, every human endeavor is always colored by axiomatic preconceptions.

Happy posting Posted Image

#4 eclectic1993

eclectic1993

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Christian
  • South Carolina

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hi,
Life really got in the way these past two weeks. Sorry for the delay in my response. Thanks for the welcome.

Regards,
Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users