The Debatinator

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

I've heard the disciples were in their teens. I just haven't recalled seeing that. How has this been determined?

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:29 AM

I've heard the disciples were in their teens. I just haven't recalled seeing that. How has this been determined?

Where did you hear this from? I havn't heard anything on the matter.

#3 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:29 AM

There is absolutely no scriptural evidence for that position; therefore it is based on mere speculation. Further, if it were important, it most likely would have been mentioned in scripture. But since it wasn’t, it isn’t. So when someone postulates a position like that, just ask them for a scriptural reference or references. Their reaction will usually tell you their motivation.

Some are simply curious, at which point you can satiate their curiosity by letting them know that it is mere speculation, and tell them your opinion on the subject. You can then, carry the discussion further after coming to that understanding. But some will use questions (or statements) that those as a tactic to start an argument to bolster their skeptical biblical world-view OR as an attempt to convert you to their world view (proselyting).

So my best advice is this: Know your scripture or where to find your scripture; or know where to go to get good advice on the subject (Pastor, mature Christian etc…), but always check the sources they give you as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users