Codex

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • New York

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hi, I'm new here but I just wanted to point out that the forum name "Evolution Fairytale" completely undermines your stated intention of "civil discourse"... Calling evolution a fairytale right in the name of the website in no way promotes civil discourse, in fact it blatantly favors one side of the issue and serves only to antagonize those who think differently. Now, I've read quite a bit of posts here in the last two days and while there does exist the usual rabble there are also some extremely intelligent people who actually do promote an enlightened and mutually respectful environment. I feel the name of the site does a disservice to these great posters, and to the site itself in general.

Now, I realize it's not that simple to change the URL of the site, so I understand that this won't result in that, I just felt compelled to express my feelings on the issue. Thank you for your time.

#2 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

First of all, can you provide any empirical evidence that it isn't a fairytale? And could you ignore empirical data that says it is?

Even Darwin said:The number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed on the earth, (must) be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory."

That's a fairytale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users