• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm not saying they choose it, however complaining about "legal injustice" when it is not happening are lies, they are not helping their case when they do such, since the truth comes out over time so lying about things will not help them.

Yes I'd admit there are general prejudices however that is not what they were talking about, the same can be said for a Greek shop owner who employs mainly Greek people. Prejudice in people is merely a part of our imperfect world complaining about such is not going to help anything.

Additionally the mere fact that these people were doing this means they were prejudiced towards their own worldview, in essence no-one can be unbiased, fair etc

Thereare issues here in Australia about Australian Aboriginees.

There is a negative view from the general concensus however I believe many bring it onto themselves. This isn't to say that they are all bad however it seems they in the majority of disconduct in areas. Whilst some may say that its a lifestyle change etc, yes it is however I prefer to look at the work of Ghandi who with the rest of the Indian people fixed their own problems themselves.

Part of the problem is the free money given to them, which means that none have a need to get a job, unfortunately this means many will not get a job, (this seems to be commonplace these days since all unemployed get assistance here in Australia...), therefore there is little for them to do, many get drunk etc and it progresses from there.

Additionally is that the legal system generally allows them to do such. My ex-girlfriends house was broken into when she was little, her father chased the man down the street. The police knew who it was but said they could do nothing since he would merely claim "racism" and the judge would throw the case out of the courts.

A similar thing occured with an classmate of asian background who attempted to drive away from the cops (he was drink driving) and when he was caught (he rolled his car) he exclaimed that the police were being racist and was let off.... Though the crediability of this story is low, the fact that it was said does give some credence to the proposition.

What is ironic in this respect is that the shoe doesn't go on the otherfoot. Because "whities" (etc) are the majority there can be no racist comments about them....

However I know that I am not the be-all-end-all of knowledge hence if you wish to learn more, (and perhaps the real truth lol) I suggest doing some research into it, that is assuming you wanted to lol.

Wow! You said a lot in this post. I don't know where to start. I think it is true that most of us humans oppose ourselves. I am a pretty content guy. I have a God that I think knows what he is doing. He said to love even our enemies--something it is admittedly difficult to do.

One thing I did was give up being the world's policeman--emoting negatively for every negative infraction that I herd of. This world today, from what I see, is a worse case scenario-- I think God is reverse engineering us. From what I see all the stuff going wrong on this planet is because of an abuse of creativity (sin).

A couple of dozen years ago I figured out that hate and evil was something people were deceived into creating. When I realized that, I looked at myself and said I was going to repent and not create it for myself or anyone. I observe that many Christians haven't quite figured this out. All I am suppose to do is love!

Solomon (of the Bible) had a dilema. Two women came to him claiming paternity of a baby. Both women argued among themselves that they were the mother of the child. What to do? There was no dna testing in those days! lol solomon thought about it for a while. Then, he ordered one of his soldiers to take the baby, split it down the middle and give half to each woman. The soldier got ready to do the gruesome act when one woman screamed out, "No!" Solomon gave the child to the woman that spoke up to save the child.

Jesus said a similar thing when He said from the cross, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.!"

If we don't create hate it won't exist. I guess I am wierd. I believe we are all gnetically the same--brothers and sisters. I can't stomach the ide that people can belong to a group as the idea conflicts with us being individuals. Science knows there is no justification for the concept of race (Google, Race the Power of an Illusion!). .. According to them our species has not been around long enough to evolve a sub species. The bible says we were made of one blood. Divisions are caused by the barriers we erect. It may be difficult but ,it's best to see everyone as they are a unuique individual--even if they don't know it.

If you ask yoursel what are the unique philosophical characteristics of any "group" of people are--there are none. It seems we all eat, sleep, drink and go the bathroom! lol

The best way to hate someone is to teach them to hate themselves. That was what was done here in America during our flirtation with slavery. Now we are reaping what we sowed. People that don't like themselves are not going to like you (me).

Just some food for thought. No worries mate!

affectionately
Your friend ,& brother,
Mike.
  • gilbo12345 likes this

#22 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,000 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for re-opening my eyes to the real problem :D

I tend to get caught up in this world... (Mum used to call me a little policeman when I was little because I was always trying to make sure everyone was doing the right thing...lol)

#23 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

...Though the crediability of this story is low, the fact that it was said does give some credence to the proposition. What is ironic in this respect is that the shoe doesn't go on the otherfoot. Because "whities" (etc) are the majority there can be no racist comments about them....

Blaming Racism or whites seems to be the case everywhere. It's the same here and Whites aren't the majority. They still can not play the race card. I presume it's merely that Whites rather accept responsibility, while the others love to shift blame in this case on "Racism".

#24 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

Blaming Racism or whites seems to be the case everywhere. It's the same here and Whites aren't the majority. They still can not play the race card. I presume it's merely that Whites rather accept responsibility, while the others love to shift blame in this case on "Racism".

I had a young browned skinned man in couciling once who had gone with some christian friends to a restaurant in an all "white" area near detroit. Some "white' kids taunted the mixed group.as they went into the restaurant. When the young browned skinnedy man came out of the restaurant some one had pourde acid all over his car's hood.

He came to counsilin sad and depressed. He had been a Christian for some time. He asked me why God would allow something like to happen to him. I asked him if he believed God had created him. He said, " Yes!" Then I told him about a story in the book of Samuel "The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them." I told him that racism was a criticism of God's handywork--that God had created variety ( like red flowers, blue, etc...) as a function of His creativity. If someone does not like what God created .ie. your skin color then they have a problem with God.

People are raised as white, black, whatever. There is no race problem. The real problem is the core idea--hate. One's skin color dosen't make anybody do anything."There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:24.
  • gilbo12345 and JayShel like this

#25 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

I agree that many of the problems are just man made. But to just deny race/tribe/group issues out of the window, would be futile. Lot's of those things are actually conflicts of (group) interest. As an example people from poorer (and that means pretty often darker) ethnic groups are often brought in as cheap labor to bring down the general wage levels in an area. And if your hourly wage gets cut into half, sure you are not going to like that. You can also be sure that this is debate amongst the workers and they'll come to the conclusion that it's the (name of ethnic group) that came there that is bringing the wage levels down. Guess who'll be at the receiving end of frustration aggression in such a case.

#26 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

I didn't say deny problems. I am saying that the problems exist because we create them. As an example, say you mary a woman of your same alleged race. If you don't get along with her are you going to blame it on her race? That wouldn't make sense.

If I were not a Christian, I would be upset also by discrimination against myself as a minority with fair skin in a country like South Africa. But if I am not mistaken, the shoe was on the other foot several decades ago. God said to come out of this world--the problem is not one's. "racial," nor ethnic identity but the core idea of hate. Hate is created by people, not skin color. Our problems will not end until we stop creating hate and imaginary difernces between us. Most humans I believe, are not going to do that. This human can. That's why we have a savior. Think what you wish but I choose to let our Savior worry about it..

Perhaps you haven't thought of it much but the idea of belonging to a group contradicts the idea that we are individuals. Think about it.

Ancestral Numbers Game Makes Us All Related

By 30 Generations Back You Have One Billion Ancestors

In genealogy, the number of ancestors accumulated per generation eventually ends up at odds with the gene pool and the actual population.
If you take your family back 14 generations, which would usually be more than 300 years, you have in that 14th generation 16,384 direct ancestors from whom you are equally descended. If you then add to that your ancestors in the previous 13 generations you have more than 32,400 ancestors.
Try it: two parents, four grandparents, and keep doubling the number every generation.
One Quadrillion Ancestors?

If you keep doing this, you will reach one billion ancestors in the 30th generation back, and one trillion in the 40th generation back. The 50th generation back? That's the generation in which you have reached one quadrillion ancestors. It is mind boggling!
What's amazing is that by the 50th generation we are only back to, on the average, about the year 850.

Read more at Suite101: Ancestral Numbers Game Makes Us All Related: By 30 Generations Back You Have One Billion Ancestors | Suite101.com http://suite101.com/...7#ixzz222nOr7Fa

#27 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

As a therapist I was privy to a research paper on h*mos*xual identical twins. When one identixal twin was g*y only 52% of the others twins would be g*y. This is often the evidence that some use to say that it is not genetic (not nature but nurture). The problem with that conclusion is this; 100% of all identical twins have unique personalities. Furthermore, no matter how similar their upbringing or environmental factors they will all develop unique personalities (as all of us have)..

I don't think anyone claims that one's personality is coded for in the genome. This subject is important to me because I have sat across from several g*y Christians who are so ashamed that they wanted to kill themselves. My primary role in couniling them was to try to ameliorate their secondary symptom (their hated for themselves for being g*y). It was a very sad day for me when one of my g*y councilees killed himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users