Photo

The 4Th Commandment. The Seventh Day Sabbath.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

I'd rather not divulge our trade secrets on how we can sometimes spot posers, just know that it isn't based on speculation or best guess. FYI, we had one guy several years ago who went to great lengths to pretend to be a creationist, and eventually one of the Admins at that time signed him up as a moderator! Ikester was suspicious from the beginning and warned me about him, but I rejected his suspicion because I didn't think someone would go to so much bother on such a small corner of the net as ours. Boy was I wrong, as a smoking gun on this guy was eventually uncovered that proved beyond any shadow of doubt he was an evolutionist (and likely h*mos*xual). Similar to Tubal, his posts revealed he might be a counterfeit, but for me I can't rely on mere speculation.

One way to find out how we figure some of these bozos out is to volunteer to be a moderator. :)

Fred

Excellent. Keep smelling them out, Mr. Williams.

Best wishes.

#42 Teejay

Teejay

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Christian
  • Texas

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

[quote] name='Calypsis4' timestamp='1336655016' post='83870']

Good for them. But that's then and this is now.

No.
[/quote]

Cal, yes we are in the now. But all of our present day doctrinal disputes are the result of a failure to separate Israel from the Body, Peter from Paul, law from grace. Many Christians falsely believe that after the Cross the Twelve were not under law but under grace. Nothing could be further from the truth. Since circumcision, Sabbath law, and many of the feasts are perpetual covenants for Israel, it's not possible for Israel to be under grace with no law or works required. Now after God cut off Israel and commissioned Paul, both Jew and Gentile could be saved by grace. Understand that God did not elevate us to Israel's esteemed position; rather, God lowered Israel to our lowly position where He could have mercy on both Jew and Gentile. But we have not replaced Israel--as many Replacement Theologians falsely teach. God has a covenant with Abraham to give Israel an earthly kingdom. God will keep His promise to Abraham. And when that happens, Israel, as a nation, will be back under the law and law keeping and good works will be required. Israel will have to "keep the weightier matters of the law without leaving the lesser undone."

As an aside, many Christians today think that the establishment of Israel as a nation in 1948 was a fulfillment of prophecy. I'm not convinced. In the late forties and the fifties, there were more Jews in New York than in Israel. The Bible says that when God comes to establish Israel, He will gather them from the four corners of the earth. And they will have a kingdom ruling all nations on earth with Jesus sitting on King David's throne in Jerusalem and the Twelve ruling over the Twelve Tribes of Israel. None of this has happened.

TeeJay

TeeJay

#43 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'd rather not divulge our trade secrets on how we can sometimes spot posers, just know that it isn't based on speculation or best guess. FYI, we had one guy several years ago who went to great lengths to pretend to be a creationist, and eventually one of the Admins at that time signed him up as a moderator! Ikester was suspicious from the beginning and warned me about him, but I rejected his suspicion because I didn't think someone would go to so much bother on such a small corner of the net as ours. Boy was I wrong, as a smoking gun on this guy was eventually uncovered that proved beyond any shadow of doubt he was an evolutionist (and likely h*mos*xual). Similar to Tubal, his posts revealed he might be a counterfeit, but for me I can't rely on mere speculation.

One way to find out how we figure some of these bozos out is to volunteer to be a moderator. :)

Fred

Indeed.

#44 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

Tubal,
You've done a great job in your studying. Your approach is systematic, which is not always bad. The problem with systematic theology is another person can take a a bunch of scriptures--interpret them, and come up with a different doctrine. The bottom line is that if we honor the the Lord on a certain DAY in conscience toward him, I believe he honors it. "Blessed is that man which does not condemn himself in that thing which he allows."

I believe we need to fellowship with other believers--we need to break bread, and follow the doctrine of the apostles. I have been taught that the apostles traditionally met on the "Lord's Day," which was the day of the ressurection. But Acts does not specifically go into a doctrinal disortation as to why this was. It simply was a tradition of the apostles.

So you ask yourself, do I follow Moses. or Peter, James. John, and Paul? Moses and the apostles are in agreement on the moral law--Thou shalt not kill; Thou shalt not steal; etc. But they disagree on the day of meeting. I feel the "Lord's Day" is Sunday, the first day of the week, and that in a perfect world, we should meet together to have the Lord's supper. worship. pray. and hear the word. But everybody does it little different. The main thing is we need to meet together regularly in the name of Jesus Christ and worship him according to our conscience, to the best of our personal understanding of scripture.

As it was said by a very wise pastor, there are periperial doctrines like eschatology, and customs of cermony like the sacraments (and their nature and/or handling), and then there are central doctrines, which can not be compromised or disagreed upon like the doctrine of salvation by faith, and the doctrine of Christ, and the His work at Calvary. I believe whatever day you honor the Lord, you should do as unto him, and He will not cndemn, or make distinction, as though you have erred.

#45 Dig4gold

Dig4gold

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Judaism non-orthodox
  • Raleigh, NC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Teejay, I thought the New Covenant was made with the House of Israel and the House of Judah? Jer 31:31

#46 Dig4gold

Dig4gold

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Judaism non-orthodox
  • Raleigh, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Some interesting verses about the Sabbath:

4 For thus says the LORD, "To the eunuchs who keep My sabbaths, and choose what pleases Me, and hold fast My covenant, 5 To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial, and a name better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off.

6 "Also the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, to minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath and holds fast My covenant; 7 Even those I will bring to My holy mountain and make them joyful in My house of prayer their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; for My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples." 8 The Lord GOD, who gathers the dispersed of Israel, declares, "Yet others I will gather to them, to those already gathered." Isa 56:4-8

16 "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd. John 10:16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users