Feb 2012 Show Of The Month - Amino Acids And Abortion
Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:34 AM
* Bob Enyart and Fred Williams Talk About Air and Life: The Real Science Friday co-hosts talk about animals, both on land and in the sea, designed to live comfortably with the enormous amounts of atmospheric and water pressure pressing in and down on us. The guys recommend that everyone subscribe to Answers Magazine from Ken Ham's Answers in Genesis ministry, where they found the article, Air Mass: A Weighty Topic in the 2012 winter edition.
* Florida Listener Asks about Amino Acids and Abortion: Isaac asked Bob and Fred to ponder the contradictory claims of many atheists regarding abiogenesis and abortion. By the way, abiogenesis is the study of how biological life might arise from inanimate matter through natural processes. (In their current debate on creation, Bob and the atheist AronRa both mentioned Lord Kelvin, a leading scientist who worked for decades after the publication of Darwin's Origin. Please consider his quote on abiogenesis from from the address he delivered as president of the British Association for the Advancement of Science, when after referencing the "vast mass of inductive evidence" in science, Lord Kelvin wrote:
"I am ready to adopt, as an article of scientific faith, true through all space and through all time, that life proceeds from life, and from nothing but life." -Kelvin
So, comparing abiogenesis to abortion, Isaac from Florida references a 1953 experiment in which Miller and Urey synthesized amino acids in a test tube. Talk about better living through chemistry! That was a great accomplishment. But while amino acids are the building blocks of biological molecules, amino acids are not life. So Isaac points out a contradiction:
1) That amino acids are claimed as a representation of life (yet there is not even a living cell). And:
2) The male or female embryo, so full of living cells with his or her own DNA, etc... is not human life.
After visiting the Denver Museum of Nature and Science with dozens of creationists and a local reporter, Bob pointed out a misleading exhibit headline referring to the 1953 Miller/Urey synthesis of amino acids which read: Life Created in the Lab?Bob wrote a letter to the editor to the Colorado Springs Gazette asking, "It's been fifty years since that Miller experiment! Don't they know if they made life yet or not?"
* Student from the School of Mines Weighs in on AronRa: Bob and Fred interview a local engineering student, Mark Bernhardt, about Bob's current debate with AronRa. It's fun!
Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:31 PM
American Right to Life now displaying this on their homepage.
Yeah I put that on my homepage http://yecheadquarters.org/ and already get a nasty e-mail from a well known Christian hater.
Here's his e-mail:
Your Message: - So your claiming that "many" atheists do not consider a human fetus/embryo to be an example of "life"????? You've gotta be kidding! Can you cite any source evidenceto support this - I'd love to see it!! Also' "pro-choice" is NOT a choice if it only promotes abortion as you seem to imply. This is only another inflammatory lie being promoted by yourself, including the monumentally stupid graphic. It seems every new creative writing attempt you post on your website hits a new low on the stupidity scale. ...same with the "Real Science" small-time radio show which I doubt has a listener base of more than 500.
He's basically been keeping tabs on me since he got banned here, some of you might remember him, his name is Neil Yoder. My response to this was:
It's nice to know you care so much you read my blog all the time.
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users