• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Southern USA

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hello All!

I accidentally discovered this site from being an active participant on IMDb. I've grown quite tired of the angry and crazy atheists on the pro-God boards there. I've recently decided my best and only tactic would be to stick around and mostly post one liners in defense of God/The Bible/Christianity. Unfortunately I've got so many of the trolling atheists blocked it doesn't lend itself to much more conversation than that. I've found that 99.9% of the unbelievers there are not sincere and post just to puff up their prideful, contentious nature, as well as to harass the few Christians that remain.

So this is why I've come here. To find some peace, but also an education in a topic I'm not well versed in (Evolution). I've studied the Bible extensively and believe it is God's word, inerrant. Right now I've got a slight interest in the EvC debate, and I'd like to learn more while amongst friends and the like minded. This would help me when I post on IMDb obviously.

As an FYI, this board seems to be discussed quite often there. So I've registered here using the same handle I use there, on purpose. I've got nothing to hide and I'm grateful to God for giving me the faith to accept His son Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, as well as the faith in His Word as inerrant, which in turn means my faith in Creationism. As of right now I'm a young earth creationist and I really don't see where I'll be changing anytime soon.

RoTA

#2 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5221 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

Welcome to the board RoTA, I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Please forgive me, I am curious to hear what they say about this board over there.

#3 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

So this is why I've come here. To find some peace, but also an education in a topic I'm not well versed in (Evolution).

Please read The Top 10 Myths About Evolution.

Also, anytime there is a question I can usually find the answer by searching creation.com.

:)

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Please forgive me, I am curious to hear what they say about this board over there.

LoL, I could tell you without even looking.

1) They are to bias.
2) They are afraid of any real evidence and ban everyone who tries to presents any.
3) they are afraid of truth.
4) They are a bunch of morons that wear foil caps.
And on and on.

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:20 AM

Welcome to the forum... :)

#6 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hey don't be dissing my foil cap!

#7 Salsa

Salsa

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1231 posts
  • Christian
  • Uppsala, Sweden

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Hi RoTA, are you in any way related to RoFL? :lol:

Welcome to the forum!

#8 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Southern USA

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Oh, the usual mocking. But it's interesting that they frequently discuss this board on IMDb here: http://www.imdb.com/.../board/threads/

In fact, one of the mockers used to be a member here and is now banned after 610 posts.

Please read The Top 10 Myths About Evolution.

Also, anytime there is a question I can usually find the answer by searching creation.com.

:)

LOL. Thanks and I can appreciate your hint. I'm not the kind of person that joins a forum and starts asking all sorts of questions that have ALREADY been addressed many times before. I do my searches first, and it aggravates me when others are just too lazy to do the same. I've moderated forums before so I'm well aware of this nasty habit. :burp:

LoL, I could tell you without even looking.

1) They are to bias.
2) They are afraid of any real evidence and ban everyone who tries to presents any.
3) they are afraid of truth.
4) They are a bunch of morons that wear foil caps.
And on and on.

1) correct
2) partially correct. You can't get "banned" on IMDb for speaking your mind, it's run by unbiased Mods who have to oversee something close to 3 million boards. They rely solely on a reporting system, and usually it's the mockers ganging up on the Christians trying to get us banned by reporting our posts.
3) correct
4) correct

So, not a bad score overall. You pass with flying colors! :D

Welcome to the forum... :)

Thanks!

Hi RoTA, are you in any way related to RoFL?

Welcome to the forum!

With a corny joke like that, I can see there's going to be some tough competition here for my humor! :D

RoTA: I'm a new creation, but I still have the remnants of old. The name was inspired by hiking the Grand Canyon 6 times for extended hikes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users