• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Here's a neat experiment you can do to see how freshwater floats on top of saltwater. This is how huge salt deposits were formed during the flood and how freshwater covered the tops of the oceans.

http://www.grow.ariz...?ResourceId=163

I have an idea that most saltwater organisms were fresh or brackish water to begin with and had to adapt to saltwater during the flood. I'm going to be conducting experiments with nuisance aiptasia anemones by slowly reducing the sodium level over a one year period. If my prediction is correct, then they should re-adapt to freshwater conditions.

Enjoy.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

Cool, when I get back from church I'll read that.

#3 SomchaiA

SomchaiA

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Movies. music, science.
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

Here's a neat experiment you can do to see how freshwater floats on top of saltwater. This is how huge salt deposits were formed during the flood and how freshwater covered the tops of the oceans.

http://www.grow.ariz...?ResourceId=163

I have an idea that most saltwater organisms were fresh or brackish water to begin with and had to adapt to saltwater during the flood. I'm going to be conducting experiments with nuisance aiptasia anemones by slowly reducing the sodium level over a one year period. If my prediction is correct, then they should re-adapt to freshwater conditions.

Enjoy.

I don't see how this explains salt formation during a flood. Please explain. I did see salt form after the big flood we had in Bangkok last year. The sun helped the water disappear slowly. Over many days it had dried up and a thin layer of salt was on top of mud. It partly looked like roses of crystals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users