• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

My daughter really misses my mom, and she has some autism quirks that are worse lately.

She answered the door today and I had to show her a little of my fear in explaining why she shouldn't answer. :(

My little boy just named his dinosaurs grandma and grandpa... and I started crying.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

More of the story is that MamaElephant was JW and separated from JW. Her parents stayed JW. And because of that there is a separation in the family because JWs are not supposed to associate with non-JWs. So her kids have not seen their grandma and grandpa since the split. And because she left JW her parents blame her for all that has happened. And now the autism seems to be to much so we need to pray for her.

Dear Lord:

Thank you for this day and pleases forgive us of our sins and extend your grace and mercy and cast then into the sea of forgetfulness. I pray for Carmen, her child that has autism that you will extend your grace and mercy to heal her and wrap you arms of love around the whole family. Strengthen them as they go through this trial and let them know all will be okay. In Jesus name we ask these things Amen.

#3 Geode

Geode

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Mormon
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

More of the story is the MamaElephant was JW and separated from JW. Her parents stayed JW. And because of that there is a separation in the family because JWs are not supposed to associate with non-JWs. So her kids have not seen their grandma and grandpa since the split. And because she left JW her parents blame her for all that has happened. And now the autism seems to be to much so we need to pray for here.

Dear Lord:

Thank you for this day and pleases forgive us of our sins and extend your grace and mercy and cast then into the sea of forgetfulness. I pray for Carmen, her child that has autism that you will extend your grace and mercy to heal her and wrap you arms of love around the whole family. Strengthen them as they go through this trial and let them know all will be okay. In Jesus name we ask these things Amen.

Well put. I will include this in my prayers as well.

#4 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

lord, i ask that you be with mama elephant, this is the attack of the devil.i believe we have the victory over him at the cross!

let the redeemed of the lord say so.

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

My daughter really misses my mom, and she has some autism quirks that are worse lately.

She answered the door today and I had to show her a little of my fear in explaining why she shouldn't answer. :(

My little boy just named his dinosaurs grandma and grandpa... and I started crying.

M.E. our hearts and prayers go out to you. We prayed about this situation tonight in our engage group (Thursday Bible study). I know the Lord will give you strength AND peace. Anytime our children have to get caught up in these things, it can be exceedingly hard in us as parents, but as children of the most high, our Father knows the pain as well.

#6 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

We will pray for you and your family. Jesus can cure any disease and the other problems will be understood in time. Have faith and love no matter what happens in life because our trials will be ended at some point.

Enjoy.

#7 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

The autism is a new possible cause to a lot of the difficulties that she has, so it is a positive thing to find out how to handle things better, really. I just think that blaming my parenting gave me hope that she would be all better if I did better, so it seems like we have less hope now?

My daughter's devotional was very comforting today. We are doing Jesus Calling for Kids together and it was based on John 16:33. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

The whole day went much better. Thank you for your prayers and support.

#8 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

Oh... I am getting baptized Sunday!! :banana_vacation:

#9 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

Oh... I am getting baptized Sunday!! :banana_vacation:

Yaaa but you are not supposed to dance in the water you get dunked in it :).

#10 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

Pastor said that he will baptize me however I am comfortable.

LOL!

#11 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

Pastor said that he will baptize me however I am comfortable.

LOL!

I just thought of something funny. What if they had a dunking booth to get baptized. Everyone gets to throw a ball at the target and one that hits it baptizes you LOL. Just joking.

#12 Spectre

Spectre

Philosopher

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Pensacola, FL

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'll certainly keep you in my prayers. I'll pray for your parents as well. Perhaps they will realize that religious rituals are not worth splitting up a family.

#13 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

I just thought of something funny. What if they had a dunking booth to get baptized. Everyone gets to throw a ball at the target and one that hits it baptizes you LOL. Just joking.

LOL!

#14 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'll certainly keep you in my prayers. I'll pray for your parents as well. Perhaps they will realize that religious rituals are not worth splitting up a family.

They need to realize that the Almighty God has not asked them to shun me. They think that He has.

#15 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2380 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

They need to realize that the Almighty God has not asked them to shun me. They think that He has.

I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through. Your family will also be in my prayers!

Fred

#16 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1779 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through. Your family will also be in my prayers!

Fred

You've got my prayers too, little friend.

#17 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

My baptism went really well. I am in love with my church now. That is a problem though: My family (husband and kids) are not happy with that. They want to shop around at bigger fancier churches and think it is wrong to get attached to a church. Please pray that God will lead us where we belong and provide comfort in the meantime.

#18 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1779 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

My baptism went really well. I am in love with my church now. That is a problem though: My family (husband and kids) are not happy with that. They want to shop around at bigger fancier churches and think it is wrong to get attached to a church. Please pray that God will lead us where we belong and provide comfort in the meantime.

Sure will. Stay with the Lord, dear friend.

#19 Geode

Geode

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Mormon
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

I hope that this all works out for the best. Personally I might not discourage your family from testing the waters of other congregations for a while to get a feel for where they feel comfortable and belong, but ultimately I think it is good to be attached.

#20 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

Well here's a few things to ponder:

1) Does the church feed you spiritually?
2) Do you constantly find yourself having to filter out what you know through God's word is wrong?
3) Do you feel obligated more only because you were baptised there?

Also if you feel this is going to cause conflict, you can do a trade off. You can go to your church on certain days, and visit their's (when they find one) on certain days. And they can do the same. Now some people frown on such things but I find it refreshing to get a new perspective on the word from a different source. As long as what both churches mainly preach what aligns with the word there is no problem with that.

But because you are spiritually filled you need to go only to churches that you can feel stiring your spirit. This way you don;t have one church that takes you to a higher level spiritually, and another that brings you down or does nothing for you.

Basically it's what you feel the Holy spirit leading you minus your personal feelings that are more about obligation then anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users