• 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

if you said that ,they respond with this

Posted Image

I thought einstein wasn't atheist , he believed in God after all he was jew

Really? And how many actual scientists are in that picture? Further, at least three of the personages in that picture were NOT athesist... Namely Lincoln, Franklin and Jefferson.

#22 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

For those that would blame "religion" for stifling science, can we please remember how many were killed by the atheists like Stalin, and Chinese atheists like Mao se Tung? Second, God is not the same thing as the Spanish Inquistion, the Crusades, the Salem Witch Trials, or the selling of indulgences. You're not going to find anything of the sort taught by Christ, who taught we are to love all men. Remember, he called the misguided religious leaders of his day, 'serpents' and 'graves full of dead men's bones.'

Perhaps they should then explain, why there were never any successful atheist societies, that needless to say did produce any useful science. But I recall that silly diagram from somewhere:
Posted Image
And I recall articles in the media. There someone claimed that it was pure coincidence that Science emerged from Christian Europe. But of course it isn't a coincidence to the same people, when one can link atrocities to Christians, right?
And yes that diagram is bogus as well. Science wasn't really that progressing from Aristotle onward, while I would consider that we attribute some technologies on record in that time. So it didn't take a plunge "due to Christianity" either. The socalled dark ages were an era of upheaval, due to the political collapse of the Roman empire and the migrations of the Germanic people. Survival and power politics were then on the agenda. Despite that architectural master pieces were built during the so called "dark ages", just think of Westminster Abbey or Notre-dame and many other cathedrals. Granted they got some of their shape on later stages. But the craftsmanship and technology didn't appear spontaneously either.
Furthermore it was the church that started universities, not secret societies of atheists. So take the Scholasticism in the middle ages, their dealing with logic, grammar, cosmology, theology, arithmetics and many other subjects laid the foundation of modern science, not humanism, critique of literalism, materialism or anything like that. Those are just byproducts from the enlightenment era. So note that the diagram doesn't give any credit to that, thereby revealing the authors ignorance or willful deceit.

One can only shake ones head to statements like those:
Posted Image
(Implying that Christians say it is. )
http://abaldwin360.t...eral-conspiracy
Also of interest:
http://www.slate.com...b_politics.html

#23 Gerson

Gerson

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Are you asking for a correct answer for all of those fellacious statements by the atheist that posed that?

If you can give us arguments , it would be great

#24 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Are you asking for a correct answer for all of those fellacious statements by the atheist that posed that?

First and foremost, neither the Bible, nor Christianity ever claimed the Earth was flat (Read Ikesters post #12), so when you hear an atheist make this claim, have them provide you the references. Tell them to provide the scriptural claims… They won’t be able to, so they’ll either dither or prevaricate on the discussion because they aren’t linguists, they’ll totally butcher the definitions out of ignorance, or they’ll just leave because they have no real arguement. Now, there was a time the majority consensus of the human race thought the flat Earth belief was true, there-again, there was a time many people thought the Earth rested on the shoulders of Atlas, or turtles as well. But, in fact, there are many Old Testament scriptures that claim a spherical (or circuitous) Earth, so the atheist argument fails anyway, but they will attempt to argue from ignorance against such scriptures.

Secondly, Dinosaurs in no way refute the seven days of creation. In fact Genesis applied provides for Dinosaurs being created on days five and six. The ONLY pseudo-evidences the atheist can claim for old Earth in star light (which has absolutely nothing to do with the age of the Earth), and radio-metric dating, which is flawed at best; so that argument fails as well.

Thirdly, where does the Bible claim the Earth as the center of the physical universe? Once again, the atheist will either argue from ignorance, or simply leave because of lack of information.

Fourthly, YES we ARE the only intelligent life in the universe! When the atheist attempt to use this argument, tell them to provide empirical evidence for ANY other intelligence in the universe! They will argue that we have not yet found any other intelligent life, but that does not mean that there is none; But it doesn’t mean the there IS any either! So the atheist that makes that claim believes on a prayer that one day, hopefully and prayerfully, some intelligent beings will show up and prove them right… This is just another type of religion, because it is extremely “faith-based”. And people like Carl Sagan (pictured) were the high priests of such orthodoxy.

Fifthly, Charles Darwin doesn’t prove we weren’t created by God; Charles Darwin doesn’t prove anything. So tell the atheist to “Please” provide the evidence that macro-evolution disproves God! Macro-evolution still requires something/someone to get it started; therefore macro-evolution, for many reasons needs God! But there is absolutely NO empirical evidence FOR macro-evolution, therefore macro-evolution requires massive amounts of faith to believe in. This is just another type of religion, because it is extremely “faith-based”.

I’ll tell you what… Just tell them to come here and attempt their arguments…

#25 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

...Secondly, Dinosaurs in no way refute the seven days of creation. In fact Genesis applied provides for Dinosaurs being created on days five and six. The ONLY pseudo-evidences the atheist can claim for old Earth in star light (which has absolutely nothing to do with the age of the Earth), and radio-metric dating, which is flawed at best; so that argument fails as well....

That's T-Rex bones on the picture, right? Oops, wasn't soft tissue found in T-Rex fossils recently? And that indicates more recent existence then the alleged 70.000.000 years.

#26 Gerson

Gerson

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

First and foremost, neither the Bible, nor Christianity ever claimed the Earth was flat (Read Ikesters post #12), so when you hear an atheist make this claim, have them provide you the references. Tell them to provide the scriptural claims… They won’t be able to, so they’ll either dither or prevaricate on the discussion because they aren’t linguists, they’ll totally butcher the definitions out of ignorance, or they’ll just leave because they have no real arguement. Now, there was a time the majority consensus of the human race thought the flat Earth belief was true, there-again, there was a time many people thought the Earth rested on the shoulders of Atlas, or turtles as well. But, in fact, there are many Old Testament scriptures that claim a spherical (or circuitous) Earth, so the atheist argument fails anyway, but they will attempt to argue from ignorance against such scriptures.

Secondly, Dinosaurs in no way refute the seven days of creation. In fact Genesis applied provides for Dinosaurs being created on days five and six. The ONLY pseudo-evidences the atheist can claim for old Earth in star light (which has absolutely nothing to do with the age of the Earth), and radio-metric dating, which is flawed at best; so that argument fails as well.

Thirdly, where does the Bible claim the Earth as the center of the physical universe? Once again, the atheist will either argue from ignorance, or simply leave because of lack of information.

Fourthly, YES we ARE the only intelligent life in the universe! When the atheist attempt to use this argument, tell them to provide empirical evidence for ANY other intelligence in the universe! They will argue that we have not yet found any other intelligent life, but that does not mean that there is none; But it doesn’t mean the there IS any either! So the atheist that makes that claim believes on a prayer that one day, hopefully and prayerfully, some intelligent beings will show up and prove them right… This is just another type of religion, because it is extremely “faith-based”. And people like Carl Sagan (pictured) were the high priests of such orthodoxy.

Fifthly, Charles Darwin doesn’t prove we weren’t created by God; Charles Darwin doesn’t prove anything. So tell the atheist to “Please” provide the evidence that macro-evolution disproves God! Macro-evolution still requires something/someone to get it started; therefore macro-evolution, for many reasons needs God! But there is absolutely NO empirical evidence FOR macro-evolution, therefore macro-evolution requires massive amounts of faith to believe in. This is just another type of religion, because it is extremely “faith-based”.

I’ll tell you what… Just tell them to come here and attempt their arguments…

Great arguments

Just tell them to come here and attempt their arguments

That is imposible they hate anything related with religion specially related with the christianity

#27 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

By the way... Who is "us"???

#28 Gerson

Gerson

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

the people of the forum but i should say give me , I have read your all arguments in several threads so i like to use strong arguemnts like yours to debate with atheist because my arguemnts are not good ,I dont have the knowledge

#29 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:10 AM

the people of the forum but i should say give me , I have read your all arguments in several threads so i like to use strong arguemnts like yours to debate with atheist because my arguemnts are not good ,I dont have the knowledge

Oh, okay... I was just curious, as it seemed to me to be an odd statement. Unless you have a few people serving as administrators on your face book page. That is not unusual because we have another member here that has a FB page like that.

By the way, most folks (other Christians) at this site have very good arguments as well. It’s not that hard when you simply tell the truth and don’t allow the pervasive lies to take hold.

#30 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

Here is a far more HONEST portrayal of what the poster was attempting to say, and a full HALF of their argument is destroyed! But, as usual, the dishonest person will “fluff” the information to argue their case.

Posted Image

And still, how many "actual scientists" remain? Two authors, one theologian and one cosmologist… So his argument continues to fail...

#31 Gerson

Gerson

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • El salvador

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Here is a far more HONEST portrayal of what the poster was attempting to say, and a full HALF of their argument is destroyed! But, as usual, the dishonest person will “fluff” the information to argue their case.

Posted Image

And still, how many "actual scientists" remain? Two authors, one theologian and one cosmologist… So his argument continues to fail...

Posted Image

ok i want destroy this post so i need some help the "ancestors skulls" really those are ape skulls , the dna was made in the randomness really? , I dont understand the first picture

#32 Athelas

Athelas

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Brussels, Belgium

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

I have some people in my facebook some of them are atheist , one of them posted this image with this message "Science FTW xD" so I thought, 'let's see.'

Then i read another message like the this one saying the earth is flat. I told them the Bible says earth was round before any scientist did. They replied to me that it's not true because according to the original text in hebrew it says is circular so its talking about a 2d figure not 3d so the Bible is wrong

Then I wrote that there's not any evidence about another intelligent race in the universe. Show me the photos or videos. So they replied to me , its impossible because they are to far away , but according to "some physic theory" they are there but we cant reach them. So I told them -you have a lot of faith on those theories. One of them told me it's not faith it's science you better go an talk with your invisible god.

So yeah,it'is frustrating talk with atheist what do you think about those "facts"?

I don't think that's what this picture is about. While the Bible is a bit dubious of what it actually means, sphere, circle, the church has been adamant that their interpretation was the correct one and they punished people with other ideas. I think that the moral of this picture is that even though you might have the word of God in written text, with all the possible knowledge it might hold, getting it right is still a hard thing to do and the church shouldn't be cocky to think they are right w/o more proof other than their interpretation of the Bible. That's also why they should be careful when people say that behemoths and others refer to dinosaurs, that the earth is 6000 years old or that there is no intelligent life on other planets because they really have no clue whether they are getting it right this time.
  • Prototypical likes this

#33 Athelas

Athelas

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Brussels, Belgium

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Wow really good info Ikester. I still thought there was a flat earth myth back in that time.

Quaker Reason: Being of Jewish descent, and being a Jew by faith are two different things, yet people get these confused. I was of Christian descent when I was younger, so I said I was a Christian, but I didn't learn what it actually meant until I was 20 years old. Strange how that works.

As for Einstein, he may have changed his beliefs throughout his life. Many people do. What would it prove if Einstein were an atheist? Would that prove that God doesn't exist? No. It never ceases to amaze me how easily atheists can fool themselves with logical fallacies, false conclusions drawn by their conformist worldview, and outright lies. They call this being a "free thinker"?

I have the same question about Einstein. I'm not sure as I haven't thorougly researched this but I think he dropped a term in one of his formulas because his "preferred" universe would be static (so it had always existed and will always exist). He also tought a God wouldn't permit the existance of black holes in space because "He doesn't play dice with his creation". So I am pretty sure he wasn't an atheist though but niether do I think that he was a devout jew. But like you said, it isn't important as it isn't relevant. The error in his formula was eventually rectified later on.

#34 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • florida

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

jews if they are devout are a far cry from diesm.

#35 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Posted Image

#36 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

lol

#37 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

Posted Image

ok i want destroy this post so i need some help the "ancestors skulls" really those are ape skulls , the dna was made in the randomness really? , I dont understand the first picture

The first picture is Haeckyl's embryos. A proven fraud that they still use for proof. hahahaha

http://creation.com/fraud-rediscovered

Have fun!

#38 Quaker Reason

Quaker Reason

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Science, History, Military, Computers, Roman History, Astronomy, Books, The Truth
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Indiana

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I have some people in my facebook some of them are atheist , one of them posted this image with this message "Science FTW xD" so I thought, 'let's see.'

Then i read another message like the this one saying the earth is flat. I told them the Bible says earth was round before any scientist did. They replied to me that it's not true because according to the original text in hebrew it says is circular so its talking about a 2d figure not 3d so the Bible is wrong

Then I wrote that there's not any evidence about another intelligent race in the universe. Show me the photos or videos. So they replied to me , its impossible because they are to far away , but according to "some physic theory" they are there but we cant reach them. So I told them -you have a lot of faith on those theories. One of them told me it's not faith it's science you better go an talk with your invisible god.

So yeah,it'is frustrating talk with atheist what do you think about those "facts"?

What Sagan is asserting is that it's LIKELY that there's billions of other life forms out there. Notice the term "likely", but likely is basically a crap shot.

http://img294.images...smposterrk6.jpg

You know what's really funny? Albert Einstein and Dawkin's is an Atheist. Jefferson was a Deist but more than likely he was an Atheist because he was a critic of the Bible, Darwin was a Theistic Evolutionist, Lincoln was a Christian, and Franklin was a Deist because he wrote so in his autobiography. I don't know any other guys up there. You may as well put up a bunch of animals and claim that they're Egyptian gods in hiding.

But since we're on the topic of stupid ignorant Atheist propaganda if you really want to knock people like this off their feet, note that pretty much everyone up there is not an Atheist. Besides Franklin who was definitely more Atheist than Christian.

#39 jason

jason

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Christian
  • florida

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

einstein was a diest,darwin was an agnostic or a diest at the best.

#40 Quaker Reason

Quaker Reason

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Science, History, Military, Computers, Roman History, Astronomy, Books, The Truth
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Indiana

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

einstein was a diest,darwin was an agnostic or a diest at the best.

A book released by Princeton University would disagree with Einstein being a Deist. I'd probably agree with you on Darwin he was somewhere in the line of a Deist, Agnostic, or a Theistic Evolutionist.

Edit: I said in my previous post that Einstein was an Atheist, that was a TYPO.

I laughed at all of these pictures, not because I'm an Atheist but because Atheist propaganda makes me laugh. But it also irritates me because people are so ignorant and they automatically assume that the Atheists know everything. Well anyone can tell you that the "Christian Dark Ages" is a bunch of nonsense everyone knows the "Christian Dark Ages" resulted from the Fall of the Roman Empire which surprise surprise DID NOT INVOLVE THE CHRISTIANS AT ALL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users