Photo

Does Dawkins Really Think Evolution Is True....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Does Dawkins really think evolution is true, or does he believe in it more so because he loves to hate Christians? Watch the video and judge for yourself.

Even though people are pointing out that his bias and hatred is not acceptable, he thinks it is. And he cannot, and will not talk about Christians unless he also includes ridicule.

#2 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

I also suspect something in that direction. His Wiki entry also says:

Dawkins describes his childhood as "a normal Anglican upbringing".[13] Though he began having doubts about the existence of a god when he was about nine years old, he was persuaded by the argument from design, an argument for the existence of a god or a creator based on perceived evidence of order, purpose, or design in nature, and embraced Christianity

Note that Dawkins speculated about the possibility of Aliens designing life on earth during an interview with Ben Steyn. There was another incident where he was confronted on the question of biological information by creationist videomakers. He later replied to this, but I would to recollect more detailed information for you.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

I wonder if anyone has ever seen Dawkins get corrected by anyone? I think he believes that he knows it all therefore is always right. That really comes out in that video where more than one person on that panel try to correct his attitude, and he continually keeps relaying that he is right.

I wonder what he would say if someone asked him: When is the last time you accepted correction from anyone? I bet he could not even remember.

#4 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:47 AM

No, they are always right and never will admit to errors. Which is actually a problem for them for several reasons. On the other hand can one yield results from that attitude, too. Dawkins felt compelled to write a rebuttal to what his silence during the interview implied. And that "rebuttal" actually confirmed the point.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

No, they are always right and never will admit to errors. Which is actually a problem for them for several reasons. On the other hand can one yield results from that attitude, too. Dawkins felt compelled to write a rebuttal to what his silence during the interview implied. And that "rebuttal" actually confirmed the point.

If you think about it, that's acting like a spoiled brat. I know it all and if you cannot see that I'm not talking LOL. He got mad so now he says nothing. But to save face he has to write a rebuttal. How childish. And he's what? A professor right? LOL. This is basically the same thing he did with the movie Expelled after he stuck his foot in his mouth about Panspermia. It revealed that Dawkins will only accept a creator on his terms, and that creator has to conform to evolution. I wonder if Dawkins knows that conformism is not science?

What they should have done is use reverse psychology. Since he knows it all, let him run the show without warning. Say, here Dawkins, since you know it all and won't listen, the show is yours. It usually works because they don't expect an opposite response. And it shows them up for how stupid they really are.

On occasion when someone wants to drive it into the ground they are right and I'm wrong, even though they have not proven it. I just say: Yeah you are absolutely right. They are usually so mad and cannot wait to respond to the next post, that when they read that, they don't know how to react. This is because how can you argue about being right? But they really have to be overdoing it before I pull something like that. But it's happened a couple of times here over the years.

#6 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

If you think about it, that's acting like a spoiled brat. I know it all and if you cannot see that I'm not talking LOL. He got mad so now he says nothing. But to save face he has to write a rebuttal. How childish. And he's what? A professor right? LOL. This is basically the same thing he did with the movie Expelled after he stuck his foot in his mouth about Panspermia. It revealed that Dawkins will only accept a creator on his terms, and that creator has to conform to evolution. I wonder if Dawkins knows that conformism is not science?

Yeah, right. In my opinion Steins response to Dawkins proposed form of intelligent design (something like:"Richard Dawkins approves intelligent design, as long as the designer isn't God?!) was the best part of the movie. As for the other movie, I got the rebuttal somewhere. I recall him mentioning genetic code being like a computer programmer (Hello?!).

What they should have done is use reverse psychology. Since he knows it all, let him run the show without warning. Say, here Dawkins, since you know it all and won't listen, the show is yours. It usually works because they don't expect an opposite response. And it shows them up for how stupid they really are.

Giving him rope may work many times. However I want doubt their intelligence. Foolish is a more appropriate attribute then stupid here.

On occasion when someone wants to drive it into the ground they are right and I'm wrong, even though they have not proven it. I just say: Yeah you are absolutely right. They are usually so mad and cannot wait to respond to the next post, that when they read that, they don't know how to react. This is because how can you argue about being right? But they really have to be overdoing it before I pull something like that. But it's happened a couple of times here over the years.

On many occasions it happens that they say stuff that contradicts them elsewhere. So the response is "really?!".

#7 Calypsis4

Calypsis4

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2272 posts
  • Christian
  • Midwest, USA

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, right. In my opinion Steins response to Dawkins proposed form of intelligent design (something like:"Richard Dawkins approves intelligent design, as long as the designer isn't God?!) was the best part of the movie. As for the other movie, I got the rebuttal somewhere. I recall him mentioning genetic code being like a computer programmer (Hello?!).
Giving him rope may work many times. However I want doubt their intelligence. Foolish is a more appropriate attribute then stupid here.

On many occasions it happens that they say stuff that contradicts them elsewhere. So the response is "really?!".

The only people I've seen worse than Dawkins obnoxious hatred for what we believe in is what I encountered on You Tube that is not infested with God haters like Aman Ra, cdk007, Thunderfoot, etc. They are the worst of the worst.

May Christians avoid them assiduously.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

#8 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

The only people I've seen worse than Dawkins obnoxious hatred for what we believe in is what I encountered on You Tube that is not infested with God haters like Aman Ra, cdk007, Thunderfoot, etc. They are the worst of the worst.

May Christians avoid them assiduously.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

They are just duplicating what Dawkins preaches which is hatred for anyone whom disagrees with evolution. I once found a video where an atheist was speaking about Christians and creationists. In the middle of the video he holds up a 9mm gun and says: If you Christians or creationists came knocking on my door, this is what you will get. I put that video on my website, it was removed from youtube in about 2 weeks. What this shows is that the attitude for the anti-Christ is already here, and these like minded people will fall in line when he shows up.

#9 ChrisCarlascio

ChrisCarlascio

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Lakeland, Florida

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

Even though people are pointing out that his bias and hatred is not acceptable, he thinks it is. And he cannot, and will not talk about Christians unless he also includes ridicule.

I think he was trying to ridicule Christ dieing for our sins, but it would have been better if the other people didn't point out his bias or try to say he was, you know, saying something incorrect, because he wasn't (except I don't believe God the father died for our sins, but his own son). I saw nothing wrong with what Dawkins was trying to ridicule. I don't get why he dosen't see that its so amazing that God would actually send his own son who never sinned and never did anything wrong to bear what we deserve and die. I would have said, can you think of any better way for God to truly show how much he loves his creation?

For me too! It almost made me want to cry lol. It had all the nice music going lol. He'll admit creation, just not by God because he dosen't want to acknowledge someone with more authority than him. I was like, what?! Did he just say that? Then the way Stein ended it, asking the question, what would he say when he sees God. He said he would ask, why didn't you reveal yourself to us, but just like Stein, the creationists, ID'ers, and anyone not trying to run from God would say, his revelation is all around and we can recognize God anywhere, from microbiology to the furthest reaches of the universe. We're without an excuse.

#10 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

I think he was trying to ridicule Christ dieing for our sins, but it would have been better if the other people didn't point out his bias or try to say he was, you know, saying something incorrect, because he wasn't (except I don't believe God the father died for our sins, but his own son). I saw nothing wrong with what Dawkins was trying to ridicule. I don't get why he dosen't see that its so amazing that God would actually send his own son who never sinned and never did anything wrong to bear what we deserve and die. I would have said, can you think of any better way for God to truly show how much he loves his creation?

You must not know that much about Dawkins. He's a one man Christian hating machine and teaches others to do the same. He also supports a group called the Rational Response Squad that wants to rid the planet of Christians in less than 10 years.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/

Dawkins also supports that these same people do the blasphemy challenge. Which is where a unsaved sinner blasphemes the Holy Spirit on a youtube video to ensure they seal their fate for Hell. They get men, women, and even children to do this and Dawkins supports it. He even allowed them to use his image as an icon as if he was the spokes person for them. But he got flak for connecting himself to so much hate, so now he's just a major supporter.

http://www.blasphemychallenge.com/

Here is just a sample of what this group promotes.

If you notice the very last voice on the video was a child blaspheming the Holy Spirit. This was done on purpose as a slap in the face to all Christians. Also notice that Dawkins is one of the references used in that video.

I find it ironic that people like Dawkins claim Heaven and Hell don't exist yet they are obsessed with it.

#11 Levi

Levi

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Auckland

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

I think Dawkins wants to believe in evolution just like everyone else that subscribes to it. I mean lets face it, the idea is so preposterous that if it wasn't actually taught into children the vast majority wouldn't even dream it up. When we go up against an evolutionist they seem to be incredulous that we wont accept their "evidences" and subsequently we are labeled as morons and idiots, if that doesn't work we are elevated to the status or creatard.

Now on a lighter note; I wouldn't be surprised if Dawkins turned out to be the false profit and when they fire up the hadron collider for the next burst, it wouldn't surprise me if they did get an inter dimensional effect and opened up the abyss. It would further fail to surprise me if a ufo landed and a fake Jesus (anti Christ translated from the greek "pseudo Christ") from space stepped out to wow the world (meet by mr Dawkins of course)

There's no doubt that he's a bold face liar to the public about the weight of the evidences:

#12 jamo0001

jamo0001

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Christian
  • Atheist
  • Cincinnati, OH

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:10 AM

I think Dawkins wants to believe in evolution just like everyone else that subscribes to it. I mean lets face it, the idea is so preposterous that if it wasn't actually taught into children the vast majority wouldn't even dream it up.

And what about all of us who grew up creationists, were taught "creation science" in the classroom and at home, but then were presented with a secular science education in college that flipped our conclusions about the matter? There are a LOT of us out there...

#13 Basin

Basin

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:All subsections of physics, really.
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • UK

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:34 AM

Richard Dawkins doesn't have a special penchant for criticising Christianity, it's just Christianity is the dominant religion in the Western world so it is something a greater proportion of people can relate to. He has made many television programmes here in the UK and in, if not all at least a majority, these programmes he criticises spiritual healing, Judaism, Islam and many more besides. Again, he only talks about Christianity so much because you're more likely to come across a Christian in the West than, say, a Jew.

#14 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

And what about all of us who grew up creationists, were taught "creation science" in the classroom and at home, but then were presented with a secular science education in college that flipped our conclusions about the matter? There are a LOT of us out there...

LOL, I like how every atheists stereotypes us this way even though they know nothing about us. So sorry your made up life for us does not fit me. I made my own choice growing up. If you are so worried about people having things forced upon them. Why not do what you guys preach all the time. Why not make what to believe a choice in school instead of a forced idea? But let's be honest shall we? You love indoctrinating unsuspecting kids who are not old enough to make decisions on their own. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

But then again I always find that you guys motto to be: Do as I say, not as I do.

#15 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

Richard Dawkins doesn't have a special penchant for criticising Christianity, it's just Christianity is the dominant religion in the Western world so it is something a greater proportion of people can relate to. He has made many television programmes here in the UK and in, if not all at least a majority, these programmes he criticises spiritual healing, Judaism, Islam and many more besides. Again, he only talks about Christianity so much because you're more likely to come across a Christian in the West than, say, a Jew.

LOL, even demons know the real God and tremble at the mention of His name. Make an excuse all you want about it, Dawkins actions along with his followers proves who the real God is. There is a reason, besides majority, as to why atheist focus mainly on one God in their attacks. And it reconfirms what I believe, so the efforts for those who know is pointless because it only helps strengthen our faith. Why? Satan does not waste his time going after the fake stuff. That's why 99% of an atheist's effort is "always" against the one true God.

And what's even more ironic, if atheists are really after religion for violence etc... Why did not 9-11 change their focus?

#16 Levi

Levi

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Auckland

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

You don't grow up a creationist! where did you get this absurd idea? We creationist are people (as Ike has already stated) who have come to a conscious decision as adults and are now actively involved in the refutation of the crooked calculations and false equations of those who have hijacked the facilities of higher learning in the western world. You have confirmed that the "flip" happens at college.

Does it not seem strange to you that the only people who can understand this mysterious "fact" and its "evidences" are grads and that the general public must just blindly take their word for it?

Does it not seem strange to you that people who don't go to college don't arrive at these conclusions by themselves? (big clue here friend)

Doe it not seem strange to you that there are millions around the world who are indeed educated but refute the absurdity of talking monkeys on the basis of this so called "evidence"? (another big clue)

Does it not even occur to you that you may have been indoctrinated into a belief structure through a process of conformity?

Do you not wonder at a belief structure that needs to falsify itself through presentation of dubious "evidence"? refer the video previously posted, and many many more examples on this forum and others?

Real science is not so arrogant as to tell a person how they must postulate or philosophize, it is not so arrogant that it invades the psyche and physiology of the human being, it simply deals with the fact of what it is looking at and every man is free to make his own mind up about his creator and the origin of life.

Evolution science is quite the opposite my friend, everyone must believe and practice their science on the basis of talking monkeys, no leeway, no exceptions, no choice.

As far as being a Christian which is what I think you may be alluding to. You don't choose that path, it chooses you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users