• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:18 AM

Tante Corrie is well known for her ministry of reconciliation, she had witnessed first hand the brutality of militant atheism in the German concentration camps where her belovéd father and sister died. After the war she was already well engaged in gospel ministry, here she relates how she was healed and baptized in the Holy Spirit after she had taken a fall and cracked her hip.
I was very impatient, I had only five days to get to a student conference in Germany and as the days slipped by and I realized my hip was not healing fast enough to make the conference I grew irritable.
"Is there not a christian in all Haarlem who can pray for me to be healed?" I asked. My friends sent for a particular minister in the city who was known to have laid hands on the sick for healing, that same afternoon he came to my room.
"Is there any unconfessed sin in your life?" he asked standing beside my bed.
What a strange question I thought, I had understood he had agreed to come and pray for my healing but was it his job to get so personal about my sins and attitudes? however, I did not have to look far. My impatience and demanding attitude which I had displayed towards my nurse had been wrong-very wrong, I asked her to come to my room and I repented of my sin asking both her and God to forgive me.
Satisfied this gentle man then reached over and laid his hands on my head. Only the year before my older sister Nollie had died, ever since my heart had been broken with mourning, I had the feeling of being left all alone in the world yet as this tall handsome man prayed I felt a great stream of power flowing through me, such joy! The mourning left me and I wanted to sing with David, "Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing, "Thou hast put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness."
I felt the presence of the Lord Jesus all around me and felt His love flowing through me and over me as if I were being immersed in an ocean of grace. My joy became so intense that I finally cried out "no more Lord! no more!" my heart felt as if it was about to burst, so great was the joy. I knew that this was that wonderful experience promised by Jesus, the baptism in the Holy Spirit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users