Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

NewPath brought up a good point in the Aliens - Ufos thread.

Its not as if angels do not have a free will, they have not been exposed to an opposite view to the extent that we have been, but they are beings with free will because the fall of Satan indicates that.

So here is the question; how do angels differ from humans. They are not corporeal, but they can become corporeal for a time. They can fall, but all indications point to no ability to be reconciled to God once they fall. I am interested in what others may have discovered or think about this. Scripture verses are encouraged as well.

"It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look." 1 Peter 1:12

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." Revelation 12:7-9

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

NewPath brought up a good point in the Aliens - Ufos thread.

So here is the question; how do angels differ from humans. They are not corporeal, but they can become corporeal for a time. They can fall, but all indications point to no ability to be reconciled to God once they fall. I am interested in what others may have discovered or think about this. Scripture verses are encouraged as well.

"It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look." 1 Peter 1:12

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." Revelation 12:7-9

And then I find this: http://www.ccel.org/...el/angel_01.htm

Seems like a good Bible study resource on Angels.

#3 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5220 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

I know that they like to sing lots :P

#4 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Southern USA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

They can fall, but all indications point to no ability to be reconciled to God once they fall.

This makes sense. Angels dwell in God's presence. To willfully reject/rebel against God at that point doesn't deserve a second chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users