Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:11 AM

Hey Christian friends, I know my time here has been limited lately. For that I apologize, because I've had too much going on. I was working in my last position as a temporary job just to be near my son for a while as he became accustomed to the strange surroundings of the metro life. He was raised in as rural setting as you can get. My wife and I agreed on this separation so I could be on hand for him, as this is his firs major time away from home.

Now, I left my previous employment to get closer to home. And I was also anticipating a few job offers nearer to my home. As anticipated, I have received and accepted one of those positions. I'll still be teaching technical and adult education subjects. But I'll still be around two hours from home, and commuting on the weekends.

This is where I'd appreciate your prayer support. All of this transition has affected my studies and home life. So if you would, pray for my strength and attention in all that is swirling around me at this time. That I can stay focused in the tasks at hand, and that I don't wear myself thin as I move in the direction the Lord has for me.

I fully believe in the "Great commission" and that we can make a difference no matter where we are. But we need to stay attuned to His Words and direction.

God Bless

Ron

#2 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

Hey Christian friends, I know my time here has been limited lately. For that I apologize, because I've had too much going on. I was working in my last position as a temporary job just to be near my son for a while as he became accustomed to the strange surroundings of the metro life. He was raised in as rural setting as you can get. My wife and I agreed on this separation so I could be on hand for him, as this is his firs major time away from home.

Now, I left my previous employment to get closer to home. And I was also anticipating a few job offers nearer to my home. As anticipated, I have received and accepted one of those positions. I'll still be teaching technical and adult education subjects. But I'll still be around two hours from home, and commuting on the weekends.

This is where I'd appreciate your prayer support.  All of this transition has affected my studies and home life. So if you would, pray for my strength and attention in all that is swirling around me at this time. That I can stay focused in the tasks at hand, and that I don't wear myself thin as I move in the direction the Lord has for me.

I fully believe in the "Great commission" and that we can make a difference no matter where we are. But we need to stay attuned to His Words and direction.
God Bless

Ron

View Post

Perhaps you will have prayer together at a set time [though apart] or even by phone or computer link, I was sharing with some Brethren sisters [if you know what I mean] and they were eager to share how that although they may not pray in fellowship often they "passed " their prayers on to their spouses in the Spirit and far too often for co-incidence the spouse would stand and pray that very prayer. :D
At any rate prayers and best wishes Ron. God bless you.

#3 Mirrordin

Mirrordin

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Biology, biochemistry, the bible proclaimings its message and loving God
  • Christian
  • San Diego California

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

Know that I will be praying for you and I hope things dont get to stressful.

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:03 AM

Thanks Totton and Mirrordin. :lol: I'll let you know how things are going

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:10 AM

Sounds like a tuff time. We will be praying.

#6 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Debates, Video Editing, Gaming, Bible Study.
  • Christian
  • Romania

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

I'll pray for you.

#7 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:02 PM

Thanks Ikester and Teo

#8 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

Hi Ron,

God also told me a long time ago "LOL" that i was too busy to focus on him.In fact,he convicts me just for being on this forum.

In a nutshell he said "It's me or the dogs" so i have'nt spent as much time debating as i usually do,but i'm more than glad to pray for you.

Lord Jesus,

Please help us to focus on you and not be so selfish.To you belongs all praise,glory and honor and may your glory live in us to serve you.

Amen.

#9 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:45 AM

You are correct Jason :rolleyes:

#10 Guest_Darkness45_*

Guest_Darkness45_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

My time here is limited as well, so this is my first time seeing this prayer request; apologies for the delayedness. It sounds like a big time for you, your son and your family, so I'll pray for you all. God bless, shalom.

#11 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

My time here is limited as well, so this is my first time seeing this prayer request; apologies for the delayedness. It sounds like a big time for you, your son and your family, so I'll pray for you all. God bless, shalom.

View Post

Thanks

Its quite a big time. I just spent almost ten hours on the road yesterday (work related), and feel spent today :mellow:

Peace back atcha ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users