• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Remnant of The Abyss

Remnant of The Abyss

Bible Inerrantist

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Raised Catholic and became born again in college. Now I'm non denominational.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Southern USA

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

It's not the 1950's anymore. That was a time in America where the nuclear family was the rule, a time where children respected their parents, folks knew right from wrong, a person's word could be trusted, and Christianity wasn't wholesale mocked. A time when people had integrity. Oh how I wish every decade could be like the 1950's.

Lying has become widespread and habitual in every facet of today's society. Worse, it's expected and accepted as the norm. In fact, those who display integrity are met with opposition; they are deemed as troublemakers, the ones who won't play along.

Recently I was a moderator at a website. My time there was short as I challenged members to be honest in some clear cases of the opposite. My quest for maintaining honesty wound up with me being me accused by the site Admins as "overreacting" and not "being nice". Even though they confirmed that these certain members, who I called out as dishonest, were in fact lying. Yet I was the one they castigated for not allowing the dishonesty to continue with a blind eye, while the dishonest ones were awarded not one utterance from the Admins.

I thank God that I've never struggled with the sin of dishonesty. Even though I've gotten into trouble many times for lacking this character trait.

Christ tells us that Satan is the Father of lies...

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Last year's big news was the Casey Anthony Murder Trial. It was a fascinating case study in lying. It was actually proven in court that Casey was a liar, and her defense attorney acknowledged this fact. Yet somehow the jury was not supposed to believe that Casey didn't murder her little girl, even though her actions, her partying and her denials about Caylee's whereabouts for an entire month belied her integrity. The jury ultimately ignored the circumstantial evidence, along with the proof that Casey is a habitual liar with no integrity whatsoever, and they found her innocent of this horrific crime. I have to to wonder if she would have escaped conviction if it were the 1950's.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that Christians are free from this struggle with dishonesty. But I am suggesting that Satan's work in these, what I believe to be the Last Days, is nearly complete. He has nearly totally deconstructed the moral fabric of this once Christian abiding nation, nearly completed his mission to corrupt all of society. The confusion over what to believe and what not to believe is so profound that people today don't know what to believe in any more, if anything. They don't know whether to believe there is a God and they're even less inclined to believe in the one truth of this world, the truth about Jesus Christ.

The confusion is so pervasive that in these days of unabashed dishonesty it's not enough to simply ask someone if they believe and trust in Jesus Christ. The Christian must specify which Christ they are talking about, the Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible; not some cult jesus like the Mormon believes, or some new age channeled jesus like the one presented in "A Course In Miracles".

The Bible is also clear about who is the author of confusion.

This year in 2012 we have a new court case which makes for another interesting case study in lying. In recent weeks the media has been fanning the flames of racism in this country, sensationalizing the killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman as a racially charged murder. It's one of the biggest crime news events since the days of OJ Simpson, another liar who escaped criminal justice. The case, rather the media spectacle that has surrounded it, has been a powder keg of emotions just waiting to explode. Even the President commented on the Zimmerman case, and his remark didn't exactly attempt to squelch negative sentiments either.

So where is the lie? The media, from the get go, portrayed Zimmerman as "white". Naturally the black community is upset, as they should be, when one of their own, a 17 year old young man, is gunned down while not even having a weapon on his person. And they have seen this as yet another example of racial profiling and injustice, and they blame white America once again. But the black community as a whole have fallen victim as well, for they have believed a misrepresentation which has been promoted by most of the media as it pertains to Zimmerman's ethnicity. In fact, Zimmerman's mother is Peruvian. That makes George a Latino, not "white".

But this lie from the media about George's ethnicity, intentional or not, is just a mere symptom, one which is almost lost in the ocean of depravity we now have concerning the American culture. Last night I just happened to channel surf to a talk show host on CNN, Nancy Grace. She's a lawyer who now makes it her business to discuss sensational crime cases on TV and insert her biased opinions. When she was taking questions from her callers about the Zimmerman case, a man with a series of questions first asked Grace "Why are they still playing this up as white on black crime when Zimmerman is a Latino?" Grace graciously addressed all of the callers questions and comments yet conveniently ignored the race question, not mentioning this elephant in the room. Given the chance to retract this deception, to set the record straight, Grace balked. After all, where would her ratings be if it wasn't for sensationalizing this as a race issue, whether it be true or not? This "little" truth at the heart of the matter, the one why this case has become an international spectacle, is glossed over because in this day and age the truth does not matter one iota and everyone lies, including the media. And when Grace, this former prosecuting attorney who used to seek truth and justice as her livelihood, intentionally did not disclose the whole truth regarding this volatile case, she in fact lied on national TV.

So where is the integrity in all of this? It's lost in the 1950's. That's where.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users