My Testimony

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Debates, Video Editing, Gaming, Bible Study.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Romania

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

I made a video on YouTube where I gave my testimony. If you want you can watch it, if you don't you can just read. It's the same thing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WBv5sX68gs&hl=en&fs=1&%22></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WBv5sX68gs&hl=en&fs=1& type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So, I was born in a Christian family. My dad is a Baptist pastor and since I was young I was taught stories from the Bible, with Adam and Eve, Noah, Jesus, and many more.
In my head, If I was born in a Christian family and if I went to Church each Sunday, I was saved. At least that is what I thought. I lived a pretty good life. I was not as bad as the other kids around me, but I was not perfect.
One night when I was 9 or 10 years old I watched Left Behind (a movie about the rapture starring Kirk Cameron) with my parents. That movie was about the rapture. I was scared to see people being left behind, losing family members that were saved. That movie made me think about weather I was saved or not. After watching that movie I went to bed but I could not sleep. I was too scared of being left behind. I cried allot and thankfully God made that my dad entered the room and asked me what was wrong. I told him that I was not sure if I would go to heaven or not. Him and I spoke a little and than we prayed. After that night I was sure that I was saved.
But, even though I got saved my life did not change a bit. I mean I was not bad, but I was doing nothing for the Lord except going to Church on Sunday. In 2007 I got high speed internet in my house. That opened up many doors. I started to meet new people. I started to play online games. I made a YouTube account, I joined DateYourGame (a gaming community). Later I started to upload walkthroughs of video games on YouTube.
I saw some good Rome Total War videos on YouTube and that made me get the game and start playing it online. I joined a Rome Total War online clan. And I started to upload Rome Total War Online Commentary Videos. On one of my videos a guy commented, and I responded and we talked allot and he become my friend. We exchanged XFire usernames and started to play Rome Total War together. We were really really good friends.
One day, one of us mentioned something about creation and evolution. I told him that I believe in the young earth theory and he told me he believed in evolution. At first we did not talk about that too much, or if we did we only made jokes about it. But slowly we started to talk more and more and soon we started to debate over XFire. I think that if I add up all the XFire debates we had I would get over 12 hours of intense talk.
When we first started to talk about that I did not quite knew how to support my theory so I watched Dr. Kent H*vind's seminars. I learned a few things from there, and than I watched CSE 101, 102, 103 and 104. After I finished watching those I knew a little more about the debate and I learned how to defend myself.
I started to upload videos on YouTube defending the Young Earth Theory. And I started to talk to more people about it. This is what I am doing now as well.

That was my testimony. God bless.

#2 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Administrator

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6894 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

Awesome! :lol:

#3 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

My handsome young brother, see ya in heaven. :lol:

#4 Teo

Teo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Debates, Video Editing, Gaming, Bible Study.
  • Christian
  • Romania

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

Thank you.

We'll sure meet there.

I can't wait...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users