Photo

Defusing A Question Vs Answering Question.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

I recently had to ban a member for continually wasting everyone's time by not answering the question but defusing the question.

Answering the question = Showing evidence, offering an opinion, or work that someone else has done on the subject. Or even saying: I don't know.

Defusing the question = using words as if words are so powerful they create new realities just because a certain person uses them. Things like: that does not matter...without the reason why. A stand alone comment followed by more comments along the same line. Like this is a non-sequintir. Then not revealing why or using useless jargon as part of the defusing of the question. Stereotyping, name calling, attacking the messenger etc... are just a few more to add to this list.

Most of the time it happens on both sides but rarely. Or to where it's not frustrating. But this one member did this in just about every post. Doing this he proved nothing. Only that he can defuse the questions even though he could not answer the questions. Basically ruining every thread he posted in.

Defusing the question is a form of control over your debate opponent. You don't have to answer any questions you can defuse. Therefore sending your debate opponent scrambling for other things. It's not really productive only disruptive. He further proved his his quest for control when he was confronted about his action by an admin (me) he then tried to blame (reverse of guilt) all the problems and hoopla he caused on me. Problem is we did not have said problem until he showed up. He then tried to educate me on how to debate which was a lame attempt at trying to make me submissive to his tactics so he could looks like he won every debate. Defusing question can make things look that way and that is why I was not tolerating it.

The other tactic that was being used was that if you disagree with him you are wrong. More than one member here complained about that as well as the other stuff.

So would you guys want a forum full of people that all they can do is defuse your questions and not answer them?
Blame you for the problems they cause?
And use their words like they are golden and create new truths and realities just because they spoke them?

I think not. And that's why he's gone.

#2 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

You forgot manipulative brainwashing as well. He claims that nothing has be to proven, complete, or known to be an empirical theory and all sciences are that way. :unsure:

In the next statement he then turns the tables and insist that inferences are facts.

Enjoy.

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:44 AM

You forgot manipulative brainwashing as well. He claims that nothing has be to proven, complete, or known to be an empirical theory and all sciences are that way. :unsure:

In the next statement he then turns the tables and insist that inferences are facts.

Enjoy.

And we have his apprentice here posting the same thing. It just makes a debate drag on and on and on basically about the same thing. I think I will do a page on my blog about this and use the examples from here. It seems to be the new movement in proving evolution is that no proof is required :lol: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users