• 7,053 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:39 AM

:D

View Post

What's with the look on your face?

My sister (not Judy but a different one) sent me that article. I told her that I did get a little chuckle out of the de-baptizing with hairdryers bit. :D :D

#42 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:16 AM

What's with the look on your face?

View Post

What... This look?

Posted Image

Or this look?

Posted Image

#43 AFJ

AFJ

AFJ

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:Bible, molecular biology, chemistry, mineralogy, geology, eschatology, history, family
  • Christian
  • Baton Rouge, LA

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:40 AM

There is nothing I can say to reason with these people. They have made a conscious decision, though done obviously in ignorance. Because if they had experienced what we have i.e. "powers of the world to come," and a foretaste of heaven, then they could not blaspheme. Instead they would grieve like I do for others who scorn the "Spirit of love."

I feel the need to get to brass tacks on the Holy Spirit. Who can understand it all? We can not see Him, but we sense Him sometimes from outside ourselves--the surrounding sensation of an overshadowing, protective, peaceful, ever the same Presence--along with an inner knowledge that we need to "look" and "reach."

Sometimes it is not outward but very deep inside--in the inner recesses of "the belly." "Out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water" which Jesus spoke of concerning the Spirit. It's a healing balm that takes away bitterness, anger, lust and stress. Or whatever is "your" sin. Nothing in the world--no drug, no 12 step program can do this. Not to where your character--(not behavior but your inner person) changes over time, as you stay in contact with Him. This is called sanctification. It is the "anointing" spoken of by the apostle John (1 John), and it breaks the yoke of bondage.

The first time I ever noticed the Holy Spirit and was aware of it was when I was in fifth grade. I had responded to Christ and had started going to church with my parents regularly. Many Sundays I noticed after service (my pastor preached the Word--and he did not "chase any rabbits") I would feel for lack of a better word--a "deposit." It had a sensation of a tangible but intangible substance and location inside my body. A better word is "tangible weight of power and peace"--that's as close as I can get. It's location was in my lower abdomen. It radiated a warm peace, and all the while I would be reminded of the scriptures I had read and heard. It would fade though as I put my mind on this world. And soon the anger, lust, fear and darkness of this present world would snuff it out.

I was not, at that time in my life, a committed Christian. But I knew the truth of what the Holy Spirit, which I attributed generally as God putting something in me--grace or whatever--had done for me. I knew that if I would live the life that others might be drawn by the same power--but I didn't then.

I never escaped that truth all through my teen years, when I smoked weed, and did the wine women and song thing. But I could never have any peace, because I always knew what God had done in me.

I could go on but I just wanted to say these people that are blaspheming are either lying when they deny His presence, or for some reason they have never been in His presence. I know that He is still working on them though--because He will continue to convict the world (unregenerate people--not yet born again) of sin, righteousness, and judgment. So I encourage you not to resist His drawings by listening to the fruitless, hi sounding reasoning of darkened minds. For a sinner does not see what he stumbles at. An unregenerate mind does not know where his suffering comes from.

P.S. Who else can make you weep at the words of a song of praise? Who else can give you the sensation of being washed inside and pure, and give you a spirit of a little child? No amount of imagination can do what He does!

"They over came him (Satan) by the blood of the lamb, and the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death." Rev 12:11 Tell someone.

#44 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

There is nothing I can say to reason with these people.  They have made a conscious decision, though done obviously in ignorance.  Because if  they had experienced what we have i.e. "powers of the world to come," and a foretaste of heaven, then they could not blaspheme.  Instead they would grieve like I do for others who scorn the "Spirit of love."

View Post

It's a Romans chapter One thing brother... Although the ignorance is of the self inflicted kind.

#45 houseofcantor

houseofcantor

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Phoenix, AZ

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Have you heard of this stuff? Atheist laymen are now busy video-taping themselves cussing, swearing and blaspheming Jesus, God the Father and the Holy Spirit and feel good about their boldness (for doing so) later on. I think it's so tasteless and puerile but ridiculously funny. They really cracked me up these kids:

http://www.blasphemychallenge.com

Your thoughts?

I became an atheist for my Gwynnies' birthday, two months ago. The first time I considered becoming an atheist is this link, and I wanted nothing to do with it. I still do not like that group. It is not possible to blaspheme Holy Spirit (might as well get that one outta the way), thus their error was senseless sensationalism.

#46 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

I became an atheist for my Gwynnies' birthday, two months ago. The first time I considered becoming an atheist is this link, and I wanted nothing to do with it. I still do not like that group. It is not possible to blaspheme Holy Spirit (might as well get that one outta the way), thus their error was senseless sensationalism.

You must have read my post on this then. :) Before I really understood the word of God I actually thought they were doing people a disservice. It's a huge deception on their part because it requires the blasphemer to actually believe that what they did will do "what they say it will". As I said in the other thread where this was mentioned, for God to be "all powerful" as the Bible says, not even one sin can block the free gift of salvation. So it turns out that this unpardonable sin becomes only a sin that is the saved commit it applies.

You can read about this in more detail here if you already have not: http://www.evolution...indpost&p=76955

#47 houseofcantor

houseofcantor

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Phoenix, AZ

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

You must have read my post on this then. :) Before I really understood the word of God I actually thought they were doing people a disservice. It's a huge deception on their part because it requires the blasphemer to actually believe that what they did will do "what they say it will". As I said in the other thread where this was mentioned, for God to be "all powerful" as the Bible says, not even one sin can block the free gift of salvation. So it turns out that this unpardonable sin becomes only a sin that is the saved commit it applies.

You can read about this in more detail here if you already have not: http://www.evolution...indpost&p=76955

Actually, it was Ezekiel. ;)

I checked your link; you do some thinking. From what I read, however, we may be on the same page. Ya cannot blaspheme that which you do not know, and once one knows Holy Spirit - that'll be game over. I'm a non-denominational atheist; I know Holy Spirit as tao - the rhythm of the universe - but the only "omni" I contend is omnipresence. But as I said in my greetings thread, I ain't here with my soapbox, I'm here to socialize. ;)

#48 Portillo

Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

No wonder God is going to laugh and mock while atheists burn in hell.

"I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh." - Proverbs 1:26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users