May 2012 Show Of The Month - The Caveman Show

5 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

* DNA Doesn't Lie! Neanderthals were MAN: Now that geneticists have sequenced the entire Neanderthal genome, they have proved wrong many of the world's leading evolutionists who had long claimed that Neanderthals were not Homo sapiens. The young age of the earth, and that life had to be specially created because it is information based, prove that Man was specially created and that there never was such a thing as an ape/human ancestor. Now, DNA proves that Neanderthal men and women were fully man, that is, they were Homo sapiens, because along with many other indicators, genetically they are closer to modern humans than two living chimps of the same species are to one another!

#2 aelyn

aelyn

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Hi Fred, this sounds very interesting, do you know where I could learn more about Neanderthals being closer to humans than two chimpanzees of the same species are to each other ? I couldn't find anything about that in the article you linked.

I was also interested in the show you talked about Homo erectus being from just after the flood (I think ?) and that this was why we didn't have DNA from them, because they were so old. I'm sorry I don't know the details of YEC chronologies, how many thousand years is that ?

Thanks ^^

#3 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:19 AM

I think he was referring to the two chimps in the video.Posted Image

#4 Bob Enyart

Bob Enyart

RSF Co-host

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Christian
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hi Fred, this sounds very interesting, do you know where I could learn more about Neanderthals being closer to humans than two chimpanzees of the same species are to each other ? I couldn't find anything about that in the article you linked.

I was also interested in the show you talked about Homo erectus being from just after the flood (I think ?) and that this was why we didn't have DNA from them, because they were so old. I'm sorry I don't know the details of YEC chronologies, how many thousand years is that ?

Thanks ^^

Hello aelyn, thanks for asking.

Chimp DNA: From toward the end of the show summary at RealScienceFriday.com/cavemen: Two Chimps Are More Different than Neanderthals Are To Us: Regarding Georgia Purdom's report that, "two modern chimps of the same species will have more DNA variation than Neanderthals or Denisovans have to modern humans," see creation geneticist Dr. Robert Carter in the Journal of Creation 23(1) 2009, p. 40-43 along with Becquet, C. et al., Genetic structure of chimpanzee populations, PLoS Genetics 3(4):617–626, 2007, as reported at sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070420104723.htm and Kaessmann, H., Wiebe, V. and Pääblo, S., Extensive nuclear DNA sequence diversity among chimpanzees, Science, 286:1159-1162, 1999 as reported at sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/11/991108090738.htm.

The Flood: would have been less than 5,000 years ago.

-Bob Enyart

#5 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

mmmh, I guess the average reproductive cycles of chimps are smaller then those of humans.

#6 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Thanks. Bob.Posted Image

Reply to this topic