• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Creation, Air Force, Traveling, Cooking, Movies
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • New Jersey

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

First off, I am finally back! I had 3 surgeries but I am recovering just fine. I hope to get on here later today but I'm not sure if I'll have time.

Anyway, quickly on this pistol shrimp...

This little guy is only 2 to 3 inches long. He has two claws, one is oversized. He opens the big one and cocks it back like a pistol, When it snaps shut, the force it expels travels at approx. 60 MPH. It causes such an intense blast, it can disrupt underwater communications and sonar. The burst also reaches temperatures of 4700 degrees C!! It uses this mechanism to stun/kill it's prey.

How would such an amazing creature just evolve?

Here is the article on this little guy: http://creation.com...packing-shrimp

If you want to jump right to the video, check it out on YouTube here:

Hope everyone is doing well! Look forward to what you guys think. Posted Image

#2 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4822 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

First off, I am finally back! I had 3 surgeries but I am recovering just fine. I hope to get on here later today but I'm not sure if I'll have time.

Anyway, quickly on this pistol shrimp...

This little guy is only 2 to 3 inches long. He has two claws, one is oversized. He opens the big one and cocks it back like a pistol, When it snaps shut, the force it expels travels at approx. 60 MPH. It causes such an intense blast, it can disrupt underwater communications and sonar. The burst also reaches temperatures of 4700 degrees C!! It uses this mechanism to stun/kill it's prey.

How would such an amazing creature just evolve?

Here is the article on this little guy: http://creation.com...packing-shrimp

If you want to jump right to the video, check it out on YouTube here:

Hope everyone is doing well! Look forward to what you guys think. Posted Image

Its an amazing animal! Thanks for the video.

Good luck getting an evolutionist to respond to this. I bet it'll be similar to Dawkin's feeble attempt to explain the bombadier beetle...

Well it exists so it must have evolved... No we don't have all the answers... But we know it was evolution... Posted Image

Additionally it can be asked how did the shrimp "learn" to use its "pistol-claw", how did it know its range of fire. Also how was such knowledge passed on? Or is this innate knowledge, simialr to what we see with migrating birds and such.

#3 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

Additionally it can be asked how did the shrimp "learn" to use its "pistol-claw", how did it know its range of fire. Also how was such knowledge passed on? Or is this innate knowledge, simialr to what we see with migrating birds and such.

Why trial and error of course, much like everything else. This would delve into the "how could instincts evolve". Instincts being intrinsic knowledge that is vital to survival of an organism. Many instincts would take far more intelligence than these organisms are blessed with to figure out in the first place, so God needed to include it in the design. Evolution on the other hand still has to dig a lot more to determine what instincts are, how they arise, and how they can evolve to keep up with an ever changing species. To me this just adds another degree of complexity to such organisms, another nail in the evolutionary coffin.

#4 usafjay1976

usafjay1976

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Christian
  • New Jersey

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Its an amazing animal! Thanks for the video.

Good luck getting an evolutionist to respond to this. I bet it'll be similar to Dawkin's feeble attempt to explain the bombadier beetle...

Well it exists so it must have evolved... No we don't have all the answers... But we know it was evolution... Posted Image

Thanks Gilbo! I discussed this very creature with a friend of mine the other day. He is an atheist. He claimed, as all do, instinct. It needed it to survive. But HOW did it KNOW it needed it to survive? Around and round we go... :)

#5 usafjay1976

usafjay1976

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Christian
  • New Jersey

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Why trial and error of course, much like everything else. This would delve into the "how could instincts evolve". Instincts being intrinsic knowledge that is vital to survival of an organism. Many instincts would take far more intelligence than these organisms are blessed with to figure out in the first place, so God needed to include it in the design. Evolution on the other hand still has to dig a lot more to determine what instincts are, how they arise, and how they can evolve to keep up with an ever changing species. To me this just adds another degree of complexity to such organisms, another nail in the evolutionary coffin.

Indeed Jay. That's exactly what I hear, all the time. Trial and error, instinct, etc. It just 'knew'.

It's a shame that 'intelligent design' can be seen in cathedrals, cars, computers, etc., but something as complex as the human body, the planet, galaxy, universe, etc. are all chalked up to evolution.
  • MarkForbes likes this

#6 Portillo

Portillo

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Sydney

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

The whole planet is swarming with Gods amazing creatures.

#7 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

But they can't admit to that in order to avoid giving credence to the argument to design:

The Argument from Design

The third purported proof of the existence of God is the argument from design, also called “the teleological argument”. The argument from design seeks to prove the existence of God from the fact that the universe is ordered.

The universe could have been different from the way that it is in many ways. It could have had different laws of physics; it could have had a different arrangement of planets and stars; it could have begun with a more powerful or a weaker big bang.

The vast majority of these possible universes would not have allowed for the existence of life, so we are very fortunate indeed to have a universe that does. On an atheistic world-view, there is no way to explain this good fortune; the atheist must put this down to chance. On the view that God exists, though, we can explain why the universe is the way that it is; it is because God created the universe with beings like us in mind. This argument, if it is successful, strongly suggests the existence of a Creator that takes an interest in humanity.

http://www.existence...nce-of-god.html

#8 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4822 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Thanks Gilbo! I discussed this very creature with a friend of mine the other day. He is an atheist. He claimed, as all do, instinct. It needed it to survive. But HOW did it KNOW it needed it to survive? Around and round we go... Posted Image

Sounds like a "fun" merry-go-round. I know the exact feeling, it happens with many points of topic with evolution, when they cannot explain something they revert to the "evolution did it" excuse without identifying any form of causality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users