ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

My mother died saturday march 6. We buried her today. I sent this e-mail around to those who could not come to the funeral. A lot of people liked it. So I thought I would post it here. Feel free to ask me any question. If for some reason I cannot because it's to personal, I will says so. But so far, I have been able to discuss my mother's death without much problem. Here's the e-mail:

Hi,

My mother died Saturday at 1 pm. Due to a blood infection caused by digestive problems and over run yeast due to antibiotics.

I watch my mother go from someone you could hold a conversation with, to someone who made no sense, to someone in a coma. I watched her suffer through all of this and prayed for a healing that never came. Some might ask: Why trust in a God that allows such suffering? One that would not even answer your prayers.

Satan tried to play out on these feelings but my foundation is strong enough to where I eventually shrugged them off. The Bible says that every person has an appointed time to live, and a appointed time to die. Knowing this I also knew it was my mother's time to meet Christ. And no prayer of mine was going to stop this. After all, why should I try and deprive my mother of seeing Christ and living a pain free life and living forever? So it is selfish for me to want what I wanted, and take away what someone else needs and deserves.

I watch my mother suffer through all that pain, fighting to breathe, fighting that pain, to the point it made me ill that there was nothing I could do except be there. I got mad at the nurses who seemed to want to do nothing. and the doctors who were afraid to do anything because of her age. It would be easy to blame someone. And there are many things I could have reasoned to do so. But if it's your time to go, there is nothing that can be done to stop it. It was my mother's time. Time to meet Jesus.

My mother went to church for many years. Taught children's church class. She was also a painter. She taught me many things about the Bible and had me go to church when I was young. She reminded people of their own mothers where ever she went. and often was called mom by children who did not even know her in stores, And even by adults that did not know her as well. I have been told by many that my mom is special, to me she was just mom. And now when she is gone. I realize what was special. So many people to call and tell of her death and how many people who grieve at her passing. People who only met her once and feel as if they have known her all their life. And some it was like their own mother had died.

Now I spend this week making funeral plans. Her brother and sister are in town. So many things to take care of. Now it's up to me to try and be strong as people come to pay their respects. I am happy and sad at the same time. I go from one emotion to the other like a light switch controls a light bulb. not really sure which emotion will come next. This is the hardest most stressful thing I have ever gone through. But I can tell it will make me stronger in my faith.

After watching my mother suffer so, I did not want to see her after she passed. I figured that her death would make her look a lot worse and I did not want to remember her like that. My sister and brother went and were curious as to why she look good and she had a huge grin on her face. I believe she saw Jesus and even through all that pain she went into the arms of Christ and could not help but to smile. She died in peace and love. What a way to leave this world. I know that one day I will see her again. So what would seem to be the worse day of my life, actually turns out to be wondrous and eye opening.

Issac.

#2 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

Thank you for sharing this Issac. What an extremely moving and inspiring testimony about your wonderful Mother! You are handling this amazingly well, which testifies to your grounding in Christ, no doubt the fruits of your upbringing too. Sounds like your Mum will be very much missed!

Wow, just think of the life she will have now? It is those of us left behind that grieve. Sounds like your Mum suffered alot :D intimately united with Jesus and the cross. Her new life in Christ will have been worth it many times over!

Thanks again and God bless you, especially at this time!

#3 Mankind

Mankind

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Christian
  • Southeast

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

Sorry to hear about your Mother. The hope we have in Jesus gives us the peace and comfort that we need so we can keep going. We can be assured that she is in Heaven right now with Jesus transformed into her eternal self.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

Thanks for everyone's kind words.

#5 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:05 AM

Thanks for everyone's kind words.

View Post

You're welcome Ike :lol: Hope you're managing ok! You seem to have a real spiritual strength and I hope I will have that too when I oneday face the same!

Take care and God bless you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users