Mabuhay

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gott allein zur Ehre

Gott allein zur Ehre

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Books, Video Games, Creation Science, the Word of God, Studying Foreign Languages (particularly German), Anime
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Laguna, Philippines

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:01 AM

Where I come from, that roughly literally translates to "live", but also serves as a greeting. I've spent more than half of my life growing in Christ in a small House Church (we wish to emulate the original methods used by the Apostles) that broke off from a larger Pentecostal congregation once our small group's doctrines grew too far removed from them. Our methods employ hermeneutics as studied by our teachers under a DTS graduate, and I guess all I have to say is we've been doing it like the Bereans for a really long time. I think the best word to describe me is 'sheltered'.

As an Evangelical Dispensationalist with a solid belief in the Pre-Millennial, Pre-Tribulational eschatology, I always figured that I was part of maybe one of the smallest groups I know, and judging from what I've been reading online, one of the most persecuted. I am both comforted, knowing that this self-categorisation of mine has the greatest trial of suffering in the Lord's name, and saddened that I am performing badly in these trials.

After several incidents over the past seven years where my attempted defence of the Faith has been soundly and painfully crushed by evolutionists, I've become extremely frustrated that I could not properly voice out myself, and came to the conclusion that while I had grown to a meaningful degree in day-to-day living, there was still so very much I could learn. I started doing my research and found a good online book, the Genesis Chronicle, and from there, I followed a long trail of references until I finally decided that I would not be able to build a cohesive defence on my own. I needed guidance. Thus, I googled for Creationist fora, and found this site after some digging, Praise the Lord.

I'm here to learn how to properly defend my Faith against the lie that is evolution, and to learn any and all tactics that can be used concern the subject of defence. I'm... also here to seek comfort to help rebuild my shattered confidence. The mere sight of one-sided anti-creationist debate nauseates me, and the latest incident has left me so scarred that it's been haunting me for the past few days, even in my dreams.

Perhaps this pain is the Spirit telling me to equip myself so that I can do better next time. Lord only knows what it truly means, but it is my conviction that this is what is being said.

I pray that the Spirit will guide me through this phase in my life.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:23 AM

Where I come from, that roughly literally translates to "live", but also serves as a greeting. I've spent more than half of my life growing in Christ in a small House Church (we wish to emulate the original methods used by the Apostles) that broke off from a larger Pentecostal congregation once our small group's doctrines grew too far removed from them. Our methods employ hermeneutics as studied by our teachers under a DTS graduate, and I guess all I have to say is we've been doing it like the Bereans for a really long time. I think the best word to describe me is 'sheltered'.

As an Evangelical Dispensationalist with a solid belief in the Pre-Millennial, Pre-Tribulational eschatology, I always figured that I was part of maybe one of the smallest groups I know, and judging from what I've been reading online, one of the most persecuted. I am both comforted, knowing that this self-categorisation of mine has the greatest trial of suffering in the Lord's name, and saddened that I am performing badly in these trials.

After several incidents over the past seven years where my attempted defence of the Faith has been soundly and painfully crushed by evolutionists, I've become extremely frustrated that I could not properly voice out myself, and came to the conclusion that while I had grown to a meaningful degree in day-to-day living, there was still so very much I could learn. I started doing my research and found a good online book, the Genesis Chronicle, and from there, I followed a long trail of references until I finally decided that I would not be able to build a cohesive defence on my own. I needed guidance. Thus, I googled for Creationist fora, and found this site after some digging, Praise the Lord.

I'm here to learn how to properly defend my Faith against the lie that is evolution, and to learn any and all tactics that can be used concern the subject of defence. I'm... also here to seek comfort to help rebuild my shattered confidence. The mere sight of one-sided anti-creationist debate nauseates me, and the latest incident has left me so scarred that it's been haunting me for the past few days, even in my dreams.

Perhaps this pain is the Spirit telling me to equip myself so that I can do better next time. Lord only knows what it truly means, but it is my conviction that this is what is being said.

I pray that the Spirit will guide me through this phase in my life.

Those who hold the truth are always attacked more. Christ was killed because of that.

#3 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:16 AM

Welcome to the forum. :)

As an aside "Christ alleine ist das Wort"...

#4 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:40 AM

The best thing you can do, especially when having a verbal debate, is to be honest when you don't know something, "I will have to look into that and get back to you, I don't have any information on that right now" or "good question, I'll get back to you". Evolutionists love to store up verbal trump cards, that rely on certain wording, or delivery, that can burden shift and make you feel like you are backed into a corner. Often times these same trump cards are full of logical flaws that can be exposed if you take a step back, but if they keep the pressure on to try to cloud your judgement. Once they realize they can't use such tactics anymore, they will probably leave. The other advice I would give you is that Christ and the gospel can be accepted in cases where YEC cannot, so if you are talking to a new Christian, sometimes it is best to let their faith grow for a while, or if they are ready, ask questions, rather than get into a full out YEC rant. If it is a non-Christian, especially one who is deeply indoctrinated into evolutionism, preaching the gospel could be better than talking about scientific origins with them, I found with my dad, talking origins, rather than preaching the Gospel may have done more harm than good. Let the Holy Spirit guide you in this.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

Here are some helpful links for you.

How to debate parts one and two:
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=946
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=961

A simple lifeform that defies the part of evolution that says all things must adapt to their enviroment or die, This lifeform has the ability to change the enviroment for it's needs:
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=200

The math of the placement and sizes of the earth moon and sun:
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=456

Atheists like to claim there is not enough water to flood to whole earth to the highest mountain, But there is, Recently found is enough water in the earth's upper mantle that equals 30 oceans worth:
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=294

The fossil record is supposed to be a record of time past, right? But living fossil (fossil that are supposed to be extinct found alive) defy this. Why? There are over 30 known living fossils and not one is found in more than 2 layers which means that the fossil record did not record their survival to present time.
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=146

The ica stones prove that man saw dinosaurs. How else could their carvings resemble more recent finds if the design found on petrfied dinosaur skin? Also the lame way that evolutionists tried to debunk this:
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=616

Dinosaur blood and tissue found in millions of years old dinsaur bone? Evolutionists tried to say this was a one time fluke, problem is it has now been repeated several time using bone fragments from several different types of dinosaur bones which now make the evidence empirical (unrefuteable). And they have zero explanations for this only unfounded excuses:
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=225

Human and dinosaur foot prints found side by side proving that humans and dinosaurs lived together:
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=596

The truth about the Burdick print which caused a lot of controversy:
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=551

Is evolution falsifiable? To be a theory it has to be but it's not:
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=499

Can a evolutionist ever be wrong? Nope. How can you be wrong when even lies can be true? Example: If today they use certain evidence to claim you are wrong and a liar, then tomorrow that same evidence they used gets proven wrong who really was the liar? You see because their "claimed" truth has to always change it's not real truth. Real truth never changes and does not require unscientific tactics such as name calling etc...

And because atheistic evolution runs the sciences around the world who want to also push their worldviews on everyone else. Science has become nothing more than a conformism group where either you conform to what is believed or you won;t be accepted. And if you are already accepted they will reject you if you verbalize ideas that put into question what is already accepted as absolute truth even though they would never admit that,

The other thing you have to realize about evolution is that it's not being proven it's being sold.
1) Being proven means you present "all" both the good and the bad evidence to make conclusions and then follow those conclusions.
2) Being sold is like how a used car salesman works. He's only going to tell you everything good about the car he wants to sell you. For if he tells you all the bad would you buy it? of course not if it's really bad. And that's what you find out about evolution. Because when you dig a little deeper you will find all the bad stuff they hide and won;t tell you but when added together makes a pretty grim picture that proves evolution is not where near being proven and does not deserve the status of being a scientific theory. Being sold also mean that what you are selling has to be made to appear better then what it is so who you are selling it to will buy it,

Why do I say that? They cannot name a 1,2,3 criteria that evolution had to meet in order to receive the status of becoming a scientific theory, Because if their was actually a written criteria then evolution would have to be constantly tested to see if it still meets that criteria. So basically evolution was voted into this status by evolutionists who wanted their theory to have status that they could use to defend it against all who disagree,

When they claim evolution is a true proven fact with mountains of empirical evidence they are actually implying 2 things that are not scienctific:
1) That evolution is an implied absolute truth, Absolute truths cannot be a theory.
2) Implied absolute truth makes Evolution not falsifiable. All theories have to be falsifiable, Because when a theory is no longer falsifiable it becomes a law that cannot be disputed and never changes. And evolution is not a biological law even though they will do everything just short of claiming that. And it constantly changes so it's not anywhere near what's implied about it.

You can watch creation seminars:
http://www.creationt...ation-seminars/

You can watch debates:
http://www.creationt.../video/debates/

Creation videos:
http://nwcreation.net/videos/
http://www.youtube.c...traMedia/videos

TV programing shows on creation:
http://nwcreation.net/television.html

The reason creation evidence will never be accepted is because evolutionists have full control over the scientific fields. For one of them to accept even the smallest evidence for creation is to become a traitor to the cause. And to also deny all the grueling unconprehendable amont of hours put into trying to make and keep evolution top dog. So to even allow creation to peep into the door is to deny all that has been done for evolution. And to also have to admit:

1) That they were wrong.
2) Destroy all the work ever done.
3) Makes all the educational books and personal books null and void.
4) To receive public shame.
5) To prove what Christians have said all along was true.

Now does that sound like a reality that anyone would want to face? Nope. So fighting to get creation to be accepted by science is a total waste of time because none of them wants to go through all that I listed above. There is to much invested in both man hours and reputation and egos.

If you want to get a jaw dropping idea of how deceptive science can be in their quest for money and absolute power in say so and their greed for money, then watch the videos on these 2 pages:

http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=1021
http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=1032

These videos will shock you when you see that even though science claims to help man, they also allow people to die to protect their already set up cash cow machines. They will let men women and even children die so that they can continue to cash in. Basically earning blood money. An atrocity that will get them one of the worst spots in Hell. If you think about it, they are no better than Hitler by doing this or allowing it.

#6 Gott allein zur Ehre

Gott allein zur Ehre

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Books, Video Games, Creation Science, the Word of God, Studying Foreign Languages (particularly German), Anime
  • Christian
  • Laguna, Philippines

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

Thanks for the welcome, everybody. I forgot to say, I won't be participating in CvE debates as of yet... Still have to recover from the pain and all. But I'll definitely be reading through your threads. Also, ikester, all this stuff is incredible! Wow... so much to digest.

I guess the Spirit really was pointing me here.

God Bless you all. :)

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for the welcome, everybody. I forgot to say, I won't be participating in CvE debates as of yet... Still have to recover from the pain and all. But I'll definitely be reading through your threads. Also, ikester, all this stuff is incredible! Wow... so much to digest.

I guess the Spirit really was pointing me here.

God Bless you all. :)

That's fine you can stay in here and the Christian areas until you feel better. You do have to know how the enemy thinks and works before their tactics will not longer have an effect on you. I'm just glad you found a place to recharge your faith batteries.

#8 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Welcome, you definately came to the right place. I will pray for you brother.

#9 Quaker Reason

Quaker Reason

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Science, History, Military, Computers, Roman History, Astronomy, Books, The Truth
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Indiana

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Gott allein zur Ehre

Du Sprechen Deutsch? I recognized the Gott part immediately.

#10 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Creation.com the website answers almost any question you can search. The magazine is strengthening, and many of the authors (Michael Oard is my favorite) really know their stuff. :) I like to get books written by them.

My library had them. I was not a Christian when I started reading these magazines!

#11 Gott allein zur Ehre

Gott allein zur Ehre

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Christian
  • Laguna, Philippines

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

Gott allein zur Ehre

Du Sprechen Deutsch? I recognized the Gott part immediately.

I'm studying German, albeit at an admittedly slow pace. I guess it's about budgeting my time, and I pray I'll be able to get with that soon.

Creation.com the website answers almost any question you can search. The magazine is strengthening, and many of the authors (Michael Oard is my favorite) really know their stuff. :) I like to get books written by them.

My library had them. I was not a Christian when I started reading these magazines!

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out when I can.

God Bless you all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users