Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • mississippi

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

Lets go back in time, and explore the world right after the flood. The cities are the ones started by Nimrod, who's grandfather was Ham the son of Noah. The cities in this discussion include Babel, Erech,Accad(Sumer), Calneh, Nineveh, Rehoboth Ir, Resen and Calah. This is Babylonia...the land of Shinar/Assyrian Empire.

One may ask why exactly this is important? This is extremely important because these cities founders are Nimrod, and he is most likely the founder from which almost all the ancient false gods are from.

The archaelogical discoveries of Nimrods name being mentioned as the founder of Calah, and other cities show a glowing truth. The Word of God, because this shows that the Noah's Flood story is actually older than the Sumerian Gilgamesh story simply because it's quite obvious if Nimrod was these cities founders...especially Accad/Sumer.

In all the Mesepotamian flood stories they all have a hero like Nimrod, and that is very interesting. Many people do not realize this, and I am convinced that this would create a huge blow to the atheistical community as whole who wish to make claims that the Bible plagarized the flood story, and thus cannot be trusted.

To find a solution to the problem, you have to travel to the heart of it. Nimrod puts a huge dent in the modern secular ideas that Gilgamesh, and any Greek story is older than the Bibles flood story.
  • NewPath and Calum like this

#2 JayShel

JayShel

Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Lets go back in time, and explore the world right after the flood. The cities are the ones started by Nimrod, who's grandfather was Ham the son of Noah. The cities in this discussion include Babel, Erech,Accad(Sumer), Calneh, Nineveh, Rehoboth Ir, Resen and Calah. This is Babylonia...the land of Shinar/Assyrian Empire.

One may ask why exactly this is important? This is extremely important because these cities founders are Nimrod, and he is most likely the founder from which almost all the ancient false gods are from.

The archaelogical discoveries of Nimrods name being mentioned as the founder of Calah, and other cities show a glowing truth. The Word of God, because this shows that the Noah's Flood story is actually older than the Sumerian Gilgamesh story simply because it's quite obvious if Nimrod was these cities founders...especially Accad/Sumer.

In all the Mesepotamian flood stories they all have a hero like Nimrod, and that is very interesting. Many people do not realize this, and I am convinced that this would create a huge blow to the atheistical community as whole who wish to make claims that the Bible plagarized the flood story, and thus cannot be trusted.

To find a solution to the problem, you have to travel to the heart of it. Nimrod puts a huge dent in the modern secular ideas that Gilgamesh, and any Greek story is older than the Bibles flood story.

Awesome evidence. I have always told people that the only reason people say that the Epic of Gilgamesh is said to be older is because they have an older written copy. It cannot be claimed that since the oldest copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh is currently older than that of the Bible, that it originated first. It does not logically follow.
It may also be that either;
  • it was written down first (but did not necessarily originate first since oral history was used prior to writing)
  • it was the oldest surviving copy because of materials used or location/environment stored over the years
  • it was the oldest copy because we have not yet found an older copy of either story (we cannot prove a negative statement such as, "an older copy does not, nor ever has existed")
  • it was the oldest copy since one country developed a system of writing prior to the other
You have shown the archaeological evidence proves the origin of the Biblical story is in fact older (obviously preserved through oral tradition). Cool stuff.

#3 ChrisCarlascio

ChrisCarlascio

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Lakeland, Florida

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

The archaelogical discoveries of Nimrods name being mentioned as the founder of Calah, and other cities show a glowing truth.

Could you give me the name of an article that discusses this or the name of an artifact that has his name on it?

I've always thought that Gilgamesh and Hercules were distorted versions of Nimrod. Does this make any sense?

#4 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Could you give me the name of an article that discusses this or the name of an artifact that has his name on it?

Nimrod's name is enscribed on an ancient dike and surrounding structures in Calah. It's in a 1911 Britanica wiki article, even though I personally don't like the secular leanings of wikipedia, it does have some good information. I'm sure I can find more articles on it though.

I've always thought that Gilgamesh and Hercules were distorted versions of Nimrod. Does this make any sense?

I have thought the same as well. This is another thing that I would like to discuss in this thread.

#5 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

That is really cool, thank you for sharing.

#6 Chris

Chris

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:My trade is whatever pays the bills. My real passion, and what I hope to make my living from someday, is old-time carpentry. Felling trees, hewing logs with a broad-axe, and building or restoring log structures in the Piney Woods.
  • Christian
  • Mississippi

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

Very interesting!

#7 ChrisCarlascio

ChrisCarlascio

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Creationist
  • Lakeland, Florida

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Nimrod's name is enscribed on an ancient dike and surrounding structures in Calah. It's in a 1911 Britanica wiki article, even though I personally don't like the secular leanings of wikipedia, it does have some good information. I'm sure I can find more articles on it though.

Thank you, I will check those out.

I have thought the same as well. This is another thing that I would like to discuss in this thread.

Didn't both Gilgamesh and Hercules kill a lion or something? I looked into them a while ago and there were many similarities, but I've forgotten some of the stuff I learned.

#8 scott

scott

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts
  • Christian
  • mississippi

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

Didn't both Gilgamesh and Hercules kill a lion or something? I looked into them a while ago and there were many similarities, but I've forgotten some of the stuff I learned.

Yes both did kill a lion. What is interesting is that how most every story is paterned after the Gilgamesh story. Studying these ancient cities is probably the closest thing we have going back to the end of the Flood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users