• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • USA

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

AiG had a free video download on their website. 'Creation: Science Confirms the Bible Is True' ©2006. in the "12 Questions an Evolutionists, shouldn't Use": http://www.answersin...s-evolutionists
It talks about the Punnett Square at about 10:20 (so you can skip there if you want). It talks about degeneration (can also be known as devolution, but the term not often used) I have some genetics questions.

They use the Punnet square for when male and female each give half the genes to the offspring, half of the double helix(?).

QUESTIONS:
I remember breiifly from highschool about Gregory Mendel and pea pods(and I googled some) So it looks like there can be loss of traits OR
are the genes (EXAMPLE gene for tall) just switched off?

Are we devolving genetically because of the gene pool gets less? It looks like the Punnett Square doesn't seem reflect reality anyway – you could have brown, blue, green eyes traits in your genome (recessive) but they don't disappear, just switched off, right?

----------
Because of the video I have these confusing questions. To summarize over generations the gene pool would naturaly decrease without evolutionary factors? Thanks in Advance.

Causes of organism change Natural: *mutation, *natural selection and *genetic drift
Spiritual: God, us, other spirits

REFERENCES:

*The info lists causes of biology change over time. [evolution genetics]: Hardy-Weinberg Law http://users.rcn.com...y_Weinberg.html

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:29 AM

Thanks, when I get a chance and am feeling better (my back hurts), I'll look at that.

#3 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

Hi rico,

I remember breiifly from highschool about Gregory Mendel and pea pods(and I googled some) So it looks like there can be loss of traits OR
are the genes (EXAMPLE gene for tall) just switched off?

Are we devolving genetically because of the gene pool gets less?

The punnet square is a useful tool to predict the phenotype of offspring. It is true that genes sometimes do get turned off but that would usually require an change in environment or diet; genes can also go dormant from deleterious mutations. For loss of genetic information to occur it requires a population to become genetically isolated from the parent population. Neither of these factors increase genetic information, but evolutionists use them as examples of evolution while hiding the details of what is actually happening in the genome.

It looks like the Punnett Square doesn't seem reflect reality anyway – you could have brown, blue, green eyes traits in your genome (recessive) but they don't disappear, just switched off, right?

Scientists don't know the answer to eye color; it is obviously epigenetic because a baby can be born with blue eyes and then they later change to green. But traits don't get lost in a breeding population because even if one trait isn't passed down during S@xual reproduction, another member of the breeding population will inherit and express that trait. Only during genetic isolation do traits get lost (i.e. Africans and Caucasians have different skin color).

oVl8OH_7QSc&hl=en_US&fs=1

Enjoy.

#4 rico

rico

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • USA

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

Thanks Jason for the link and info, I'll study it more, looking around some traits are controlled by more than one gene (2004 info): http://www.thetech.o...s/ask.php?id=39
Here is an interactive site on eye color: http://www.athro.com...en/genefr2.html

Ikester I hope your back gets better, Ibprufen helps me anyways, and They have PM nighttime stuff to help you sleep and rest it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users