Former Atheist

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Saved July 12, 2007

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

I have started a indexing process for myself which I think might help some of you. I come across strong creation arguments here on the forum. I have a folder on my computer that holds text documents of such arguments that I want to save for future reference. I name them appropriately, such as "Cladograms" and then paste the argument into the file with the name of the person who wrote it. I also try to preserve the context if it is a response to a question.

Pro Tip: At the top of any post to the right, there is a post number. If you click on this, you get a url/link that you can copy. I put this link in my documents.

This way I don't lose arguments, or context. It saves me searching the forum for half an hour (trust me it happens a lot since I might forget key words to help me find it again, and it might have been posted awhile ago and buried). It also works for saving arguments from other places. I would encourage you to do this if you have a poor memory like me and can't quite remember all the technical details of various arguments.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

#2 gilbo12345

gilbo12345

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5799 posts
  • Interests:Completed BBiotech (Honours)

Currently studying Masters of Teaching.

Enjoys games of tactics and strategy.
  • (private)
  • Creationist
  • Australia

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Great Idea, I did kinda start something like this a while back, but I forgot all about it after a week lol, (that and my laptop recently shat itself, and I bought a new one so I'd have lost it anyway ;) ).

Never knew about the clicking the post number thing, very handy if I want to direct someone to a specific post :D Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users