Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Duluth, Minnesota

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'm Minnemooseus, and yes, I'm a visitor from the "evil empire" evcforum.net, where I'm know by the same name and also by Adminnemooseus.

I think I first posted at the "Bias" topic (http://evolutionfair...?showtopic=5174) at message 21 (http://evolutionfair...indpost&p=85201)..

I was "outed" and given a cordial welcome by Calypsis4 there at message 27 (http://evolutionfair...indpost&p=85225) to which I responded at message 31 (http://evolutionfair...indpost&p=85231), which included a bunch of evcforum.net links.

I've posted other messages at that topic, but the most recent (earlier this evening) was a response to Mike Summers at message 51 (http://evolutionfair...indpost&p=85439), which included:

Lastly, I thank you for your hospitable reception of my presence. Despite being from the "den of evil" evcforum.net, I do think I'm a nice guy. Upthread, I supplied some links that members here have the option of exploring (or explore anywhere else there). My challenge remains - Go find something at evcforum.net that shows me as being mean or unfair to creationists, either as Minnemooseus or the admin version Adminnemooseus. It may be there, but I think finding such will at least be a challenge. Try finding a creationist that is angry at Minnemooseus or Adminnemooseus. Again, it will be at best quite a challenge. On the other hand, it's real easy to find quite a few evolution side members who are angry at Adminnemooseus. I even had one evo member accuse me, via e-mail, of being a creationist. Which I am definitely not.

In all, at evcforum.net, I've long ago become more interested in how the debate operates rather than much take part in the debate itself. If management etc. is interested and willing, I'm more than happy to expound on how things happen at evcforum.net.

Here, I think I'll largely confine myself to things "age of the Earth" and "geology". That's my nitch.

Moose

Edit note - My HTML links didn't seem to be working correctly, so I redid them in a less elegant way.

#2 Bonedigger

Bonedigger

Admin Team

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Creation, Vertebrate Paleontology-particularly mammals and especially Perissodactyls & Carnivores, Hunting, Shooting, Handloading, Weaving Chainmaille, Hebrew and other Biblically relevant languages, Astronomy
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Colorado

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hello and welcome (belatedly Posted Image)

#3 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2471 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

I know Percy from early days debating at Yahoo Forum (I think Percy owns evcforum). He's been here off and on, and even helped once with a forum bug we had encountered. We had some good debates in our time, to this day he ranks as one of the most civil God-hating atheists I've ever encountered. Posted Image

#4 Minnemooseus

Minnemooseus

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Duluth, Minnesota

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

I know Percy from early days debating at Yahoo Forum (I think Percy owns evcforum). He's been here off and on, and even helped once with a forum bug we had encountered. We had some good debates in our time, to this day he ranks as one of the most civil God-hating atheists I've ever encountered. Posted Image

Percy considers himself to be a deist. The old relevant topic has been recently revivied (http://www.evcforum....ntrol=msg&t=427).

After lurking a fair while, I registered at evcfforum.net on 11/11/01. That made 11/11/11 my 10th year anniversary. I checked a while back - You registered there about a month later. You are in good standing. The records may be incomplete, but I was unable to find any instance of you ever having been suspended.

It wasn't very long after my original registration that I became an admin. I volunteered to fix message coding problems (quote boxes etc.) and was surprised to become a full admin.

Like I've said elsewhere, I concede that evcforum.net can be a tough place for creationists. But I do think I've been a pretty nice guy there.

Another thing I mentioned somewhere elsewhere. One feature evcforum.net has that I recommend - Have separate ID's for the admin and non-admin modes of the moderators. I find it a nice thing all around, to have it clear if a message is coming from a moderator or not.

Moose

ps - At another topic I corrected someone about the "Stephen Hawking" name (not "Hawkings"). I discovered, outside of the editing permitted period, that I misspelled his name "Stephan". :)

#5 jason777

jason777

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Interests:Machining, Engine Building, Geology, Paleontology, Fishing
  • Christian
  • Springdale,AR.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hi, Moose.

I am a member there as well, but haven't visited in a long time since it's like trying to talk to a bowling ball.

Enjoy and welcome.

#6 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1790 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hi Moose
In keeping with my own personal belief system (something I find I share with numerous others but not all) we are individuals. I think it probable that there are those at your previous forum that are fair and respectful.

I would even go so far as to say that the fact that you are an atheist does not change how I would treat you. I believe you do exist! God (by definition) can speak for Himself. I am more concerned personally with how you will treat me as well as others you may disagree with? Moreover,am I unfit and will I not be selected for because I don't believe in evolution? lol

I also contend that you did not know I (or numerous others) existed before you met us? Would you argue that until you acknowledged us, we couldn't or didn't exist? That's what I think the core idea is behind atheism and why it does does not make sense to me. Who is to say who can or who can not exisr? It would be like me thinking you couldn't exist because I never met you!

At any rate, welcome! and thanks for being a nice guy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users