ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:36 AM

I have been dealing with some health issues and some are effected by anything stressful. In order for me to get well sooner I have to stay away from anything that causes any stress. And debating and administrating is just that.

In case some of you are wondering what to pray for, I have come down with the shingles which is very very painful. It's a nerve infection in my back that feels like someone stuck an ice pick in it. At times I can hardly walk and sitting here typing even causes pain. It even hurts through the pain medication the doc gives me.

From time to time I may pop in but I won't be debating. Weakened immune system from stress is what causes this. If you ever had the chicken pox then you have the germ that causes shingles. You see the body does not have the ability to completely get rid of the chicken pox germ. So what the body does to the germ to protect itself is that is builds a capsule like thing around it so it cannot do any harm. The capsule stays in your spinal cord. This is why 99% when you get this it's usually in your back. What makes the capsule break is weakened immune system which can be caused from a number of things but stress seems to be the main thing. And you can get this at any age but it's more common in older people than younger.

#2 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:22 AM

I have been dealing with some health issues and some are effected by anything stressful. In order for me to get well sooner I have to stay away from anything that causes any stress. And debating and administrating is just that.

In case some of you are wondering what to pray for, I have come down with the shingles which is very very painful. It's a nerve infection in my back that feels like someone stuck an ice pick in it. At times I can hardly walk and sitting here typing even causes pain. It even hurts through the pain medication the doc gives me.

From time to time I may pop in but I won't be debating. Weakened immune system from stress is what causes this. If you ever had the chicken pox then you have the germ that causes shingles. You see the body does not have the ability to completely get rid of the chicken pox germ. So what the body does to the germ to protect itself is that is builds a capsule like thing around it so it cannot do any harm. The capsule stays in your spinal cord. This is why 99% when you get this it's usually in your back. What makes the capsule break is weakened immune system which can be caused from a number of things but stress seems to be the main thing. And you can get this at any age but it's more common in older people than younger.

I feel ya Ike... Been there done that. I pray all is better soon brother.

#3 Spectre

Spectre

Philosopher

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Pensacola, FL

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'll keep you in my prayers. Good luck. :)

#4 b00tleg

b00tleg

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Agnostic
  • Meridian, Idaho

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:32 AM

I'm not sure if I can post this here without being called disingenuous, or being a deceiver, or somehow making light of Ikester's situation, but here goes.

With all sincerity, I wish you the best and hope you get feeling better soon Ikester.

Regards,
B00tleg

#5 supamk3speed

supamk3speed

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Texas

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

Im praying for yah, hope you feel better soon.

#6 thatsneakyguy

thatsneakyguy

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Maryland

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

That sounds very painful.
Hope you feel better soon.
Take care.

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for all your prayers and comments. It seems that things are getting better but I have to make sure it's gone all the way or it will come back. I have had that happen before. so about another week or two and I should be back.

#8 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

I have had some set backs, some personal situations have caused me very much stress which made my condition worse (back to where it was). So it looks like I'm going to have to add another two weeks to this leave of absence.

I do drop by from time to time, but I'm not suppose to be debating or administrating. So members please don't be sending me stuff to administrate. When I come back I want to be able to come back at full capacity. Plus I don't like all this pain and suffering I go through with this stuff, it's very depressing.

If you just want to talk through the PMs. that's fine.

Thanks for all your prayers and kind words.

#9 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

I'm back. Doing much better. Taking time off did me some good. I just hope that stuff does not come back anytime soon. :)

Anyway, I will slowly get back to debating. Thanks.

#10 MamaElephant

MamaElephant

former JW

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Home-schooling, Education, Fitness, Young Earth Science, Evolution, Natural Medicine, Board Games, Video Games, Study of cult mind control and Counseling for those coming out of cult mind control.
  • Christian
  • I am His! 1/29/12

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

I'm back. Doing much better. Taking time off did me some good.

:yes: :Just_Cuz:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users