• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, computers, physics, video games, philosophy, epistomology
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • USA

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

I had watched "Hunger Games" and it was one of the saddest/depressing movies I've watched in a long time. I would only recommend it to mature audiences...

Because it's controversial I decided not to post about it in the debates forum... I can see why some would be anti capitialism economy after watching that move...

It brings questioms to mind. It also makes a big case for government not handling charity.... Feeding people IMHO
Edit: had to look up types of economies....

#2 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

I had watched "Hunger Games" and it was one of the saddest/depressing movies I've watched in a long time. I would only recommend it to mature audiences...

Because it's controversial I decided not to post about it in the debates forum... I can see why some would be anti capitialism economy after watching that move...

It brings questioms to mind. It also makes a big case for government not handling charity.... Feeding people IMHO
Edit: had to look up types of economies....

Government does not exist as an entity, but as a conceptual creation of a human mind. Government is simply a form of organizing people to do a specific job. What is problematic about government is the individual philosopical concepts (worldview) of individuals that may not be Godly.

#3 MarkForbes

MarkForbes

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Waverley

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

Governments are an institutional reality, just as money is, or property, or rights, etc.

#4 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Governments are an institutional reality, just as money is, or property, or rights, etc.

In most cases today, the idea of government has taken on meanings it was never mrant to have. As such government has become what the Bible calls idolotry. For example, if we blame the government for doing somethin (when government is just a human form of oganization) the "buck" usually gets passed..

As I told one of my students who was blaming the government for persecuting him--he better find the human pulling the puppets (government) strings. Holding a non-existant entity responsible is a waste of time (as God says). Golden calves can't do anything for us. Humans do things not non-existant entities.

The Bible says they will trow their gold and silver into the street. So it's best not to have trust in temporal things.
  • gilbo12345 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users