Photo

Frdb Sticks Their Foot In Their Mouth On This One.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
208 replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

I often find it funny that atheist like to quote the Bible when it serves their purpose even though they do not believe in the one who inspired it. It's like being oxymoronic. Anyway, since I have not visited in a while, and it was kinda slow here tonight. I decided to go over there and see what was being said.

One member said:

I remind them of:
You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(Matthew 5:43-48; NIV)
http://www.freeratio...t=265210&page=7

You see he posted that to lay a guilt trip upon us because it's the best they can do. But since they are dong this, and the verse does remind us to pray for our enemies, I think that we should. So I think this thread should become the prayer thread for FRDB. So pick a member and pray for them.

You can pray in agreement with another.
You can pray for one you sense needs it.
You can pray for the whole forum over there.

We can come in here everyday and repeat these prayers as well.

So I'll start it off.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, thank you for this day and extend you grace and mercy and forgive us of our sin. I'd like to pray for those at the FRDB forum that the hatred they spew at us that you will bring condemnation upon their heads for their actions and thoughts against us. I also pray that you will soften their stony hearts so that when they visit here they will see the truth, and it will effect them in a positive manner. I also pray that they will come to know you so that they can go to heaven. I pray that you will remove the scales from their eyes so that truth can be seen. And that you will do what is needed to save each and every soul from there.

I also ask that you bless this ministry so that it can and will touch those who come from over there to debate here. Put the right words into the minds and hearts of all the Christians here. Give us the right attitude, make us humble, make us as bold as lions when needed.

In Jesus name we ask and pray for all of these things Amen.

#2 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

I often find it funny that atheist like to quote the Bible when it serves their purpose even though they do not believe in the one who inspired it. It's like being oxymoronic. Anyway, since I have not visited in a while, and it was kinda slow here tonight. I decided to go over there and see what was being said.

One member said:
You see he posted that to lay a guilt trip upon us because it's the best they can do. But since they are dong this, and the verse does remind us to pray for our enemies, I think that we should. So I think this thread should become the prayer thread for FRDB. So pick a member and pray for them.

You can pray in agreement with another.
You can pray for one you sense needs it.
You can pray for the whole forum over there.

We can come in here everyday and repeat these prayers as well.

So I'll start it off.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, thank you for this day and extend you grace and mercy and forgive us of our sin. I'd like to pray for those at the FRDB forum that the hatred they spew at us that you will bring condemnation upon their heads for their actions and thoughts against us. I also pray that you will soften their stony hearts so that when they visit here they will see the truth, and it will effect them in a positive manner. I also pray that they will come to know you so that they can go to heaven. I pray that you will remove the scales from their eyes so that truth can be seen. And that you will do what is needed to save each and every soul from there.

I also ask that you bless this ministry so that it can and will touch those who come from over there to debate here. Put the right words into the minds and hearts of all the Christians here. Give us the right attitude, make us humble, make us as bold as lions when needed.

In Jesus name we ask and pray for all of these things Amen.

View Post

I know, it is frustrating when you're confronted by those who will one minute mock scripture, treat it with contempt/indifference, and laugh at aspects of biblical morality! Yet, next minute become suddenly allfire keenly aware and interested in quoting this same scripture that they don't believe in to "remind" the Christian of their failures. I know these tricks well. Debated for sometime on another forum and this was used quite often. However, regardless of who has quoted and their intention? It is still an opportunity to respond as Christian as we can. That can be difficult when one knows they're being deliberately provoked B)

How would Christ react? As Christ would do, as should we. Not so easily achieved, but it's about growing in love. And without tests/challenges, would we develop further? Particularly as we ourselves are sinful? It's funny, but when I ask God for more love or more peace....I often find I get more challenges to both! Yet he's giving me the opportunity to exercise both so these things will become a reality. Much like physical exercise and muscle building. No resistance/challenge....don't expect the progress. And I so often fail because I didn't recognise it as an opportunity to exercise and grow in love.

I liked the prayer Ikester, very much. Thank you for it. I'm not sure if I could pick out one person in particular, as I am not overly familiar with them. But praying for the forum? Hey why not? I have witnessed the power of sincere prayer in my own life and other people's. God's answers are not always immediate, or exactly as we might have asked or imagined. He knows best. But other times they are surprisingly so! It is of course also up to those who are being prayed for whether they respond the grace given, or stubbornly and repeatedly reject it. Still the power of the Holy Spirit is beyond what we can imagine.

God bless

#3 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:12 AM

I often find it funny that atheist like to quote the Bible when it serves their purpose even though they do not believe in the one who inspired it. It's like being oxymoronic.

View Post

Actually, it clearly demonstrates that they do understand hypocrisy. Which means they have no excuse for all their double standards and special pleading.

Now if only they'd find an equally effective way to prove they understand circular reasoning...

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

Frdb Sticks Their Foot In Their Mouth On This One.

View Post

Not again :)

#5 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:28 PM

Actually, it clearly demonstrates that they do understand hypocrisy. Which means they have no excuse for all their double standards and special pleading.

Now if only they'd find an equally effective way to prove they understand circular reasoning...

View Post

I think we established in another thread that it would be henceforth considered "Spherical" reasoning because they do it on so well, on so many levels. :)

#6 Arch

Arch

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

View Post

Sigh, as per usual CTD you miss the point of the post and turn it into your own personal crusade. :huh:

Ikester, I'm not usually a praying man, but if it's okay, I'd like to offer my own.

Dear Lord, in your grace guide us to be better vessels of your love. Teach us to be forgiving and understanding of those around us; to develop a culture of peace here on earth. Show us how to be more like Christ, and to see the goodness in each of your children, to be honest with ourselves and one another so that we may better perform your works. We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

Good prayer Arch. Should be an example to others. Even if you are an atheist.

#8 Bex

Bex

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, friends/family, animals, health topics, auto/biographies, movies (horror, comedy, drama, whatever, just as long as it's good), music, video games (mainly survival horror, or survival/adventure types), crossword puzzles, books on real life crime/serial killers/etc. Prophecy/miracles/supernatural/hauntings etc, net surfing/forums etc.<br /><br />One of my favourite forums for information on many topics:<br /><br />http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • New Zealand

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:37 AM

Dear Lord, in your grace guide us to be better vessels of your love. Teach us to be forgiving and understanding of those around us; to develop a culture of peace here on earth. Show us how to be more like Christ, and to see the goodness in each of your children, to be honest with ourselves and one another so that we may better perform your works. We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Amen! :huh:

God bless you for this prayer Arch! May we put it into action and persevere!

#9 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6983 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:07 AM

Lord God, I do pray for the people at FRDB. I pray that they have the courage to question their own beliefs and to examine why they have chosen what they have. God, give them neither rest or peace until they make their peace with you. I love them and yet I know that you love them more than I could imagine. I pray that the problems with Darwinism become more and more apparent so their eyes begin to look in another direction. A direction towards you. You have made your presence so clear. Even though you are mysterious and that your ways are not our ways, you have given us a way to approach your majesty through your Son Jesus Christ. A way to see your work in creation and to understand it through your Word. Help us to be more like Jesus. Forgive us as we stumble and thank you for the grace to press in. In your Son's perfect precious name I pray. Amen.

#10 JudyV

JudyV

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Augusta, ME

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:47 PM

Dear Universe,

Please allow all human beings to have the courage to dig deeper, to see through lies, and to continue searching for what is real and true.

Amen.

#11 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

Dear Universe,

Please allow all human beings to have the courage to dig deeper, to see through lies, and to continue searching for what is real and true.

Amen.

View Post

Absolutely!

Amen.

#12 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

Dear Universe,

Amen.

View Post

Don't you mean Gia? Goddess of the earth?

#13 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:46 AM

Don't you mean Gia? Goddess of the earth?

View Post

It's her delusion Ikester, let her ramble if she wishes.

Of course, she obviously doesn’t realize the ramifications of the universe being finite, and therefore having to be created. This kind of puts her into the epistemological and theological bind of serving a created and therefore subservient deity.

But, again, it’s her delusion.

#14 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

4emATIkaEBo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1

#15 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:43 PM

None of them will post in a place where they can't censor / delete comments / ban users they don't like. That's why they hunker down in their little EFT hidey-hole, safe from the real world.

And why exactly was Adam banned from your forum? Could it be that he made some points you guys did not like?

What exactly was Adam's bannable offense?

#16 CTD

CTD

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • Christian
  • Missouri

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:51 PM

Rude refusal to inhale all the smoke they provided.

#17 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6983 posts
  • Christian

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:48 AM

None of them will post in a place where they can't censor / delete comments / ban users they don't like. That's why they hunker down in their little EFT hidey-hole, safe from the real world.

And why exactly was Adam banned from your forum? Could it be that he made some points you guys did not like?

What exactly was Adam's bannable offense?

View Post

I wish I could get back on there. I forgot my password. The infractions I received before getting banned are something else when you compare them to what other people get away with. Besides I was the same person there that I am here. So you do the math.

Anyway, Judy told me personally how unjust my banning was and then she turned around to her favorite buds at FRDB and pretended that she knew nothing about it. I forwarded every infraction I received to her before I was banned and she STILL pretended like she knew nothing about it. :P

#18 JudyV

JudyV

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Atheist
  • Augusta, ME

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:30 AM

I wish I could get back on there. I forgot my password. The infractions I received before getting banned are something else when you compare them to what other people get away with. Besides I was the same person there that I am here. So you do the math.

Anyway, Judy told me personally how unjust my banning was and then she turned around to her favorite buds at FRDB and pretended that she knew nothing about it. I forwarded every infraction I received to her before I was banned and she STILL pretended like she knew nothing about it. :P

View Post

You weren't banned, you were given a time out. Stop fibbing. Why not start a new account, if you really did forget your password? Or are you fibbing about that too?

#19 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6983 posts
  • Christian

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:57 AM

You weren't banned, you were given a time out.  Stop fibbing.  Why not start a new account, if you really did forget your password?  Or are you fibbing about that too?

View Post

I was banned and I know it was a timed ban and what am I lying about? Why would I be saying I could get access if I remembered my password if I was trying to get people to believe I was permanently banned?

Don't worry I wouldn't post there anyway. I would only get on to show the people here the things I had infractions for. Do you remember agreeing with me that it was unfair? Do you remember telling the others that you didn't know why I was banned?

#20 the totton linnet

the totton linnet

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Interests:Friends, fellowship, stuff
  • Christian
  • Winchester, Hampshire

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

I was banned and I know it was a timed ban and what am I lying about? Why would I be saying I could get access if I remembered my password if I was trying to get people to believe I was permanently banned?

Don't worry I wouldn't post there anyway. I would only get on to show the people here the things I had infractions for. Do you remember agreeing with me that it was unfair? Do you remember telling the others that you didn't know why I was banned?

View Post

Some Qs. Have you always squabbled like this? please tell me that you love each other really, does Judy look like your mum when she was young? with names like Judy and Adam are you part Jewish? I have been praying for Judy v which I hope will not incur her wrath. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users