Photo

Update To Posting Youtube Videos On This Forum.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

Updated post (12-25-2011) due to forum upgrade.

With the upgrade all you have to do is leave the link to the youtube page the video is on. If your link does not convert to a video it's usually because youtube put to many characters on the end of the link. Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjKNQKDyEV8&feature=g-vrec&context=G2bb25c2RVAAAAAAAACg

The link above has to many characters on the end. 99% of the time you have to delete the extra stuff all the way back to the "&" sign. Which by the way includes deleting the "&" sign as well. Which means the link above should look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjKNQKDyEV8

Instead of the big long link. Once the extra stuff is deleted you video will appear as below.

No more bbcode required. Just post youtube page link minus all the extra garbage on the end if it exists (does not exist on every link) and the forum program will post it as a video.

#2 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

On old code we have to add:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
in front of every youtube video file name.

I fixed the ones here: http://www.evolution...topic=2352&st=0

Some of the old youtube code no longer works so I could not fix a couple of them. If you guys run into more videos posted that do not work just post the link here and I will fix them. I tried to fix them all from the code in the forum program, but the new code overrides everything so anything I did, did not work.

I also upgraded the first post in this thread to work with new forum upgrade.

#3 TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Christian
  • Minnesota

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

I put a link to a video in my sig is there anyway to get it to just show the link? I don't want to jam up your board with a video every time I post.

#4 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:07 AM

Sorry but the forum program is already programed to reconize certain links as videos. Just as it also reconizes images and audio the same way.

Example: If a link ends in:
1) jpg
2) gif
3) bmp
etc...
The forum will reconize that as a image and post it as a image.

For videos, any link containing the name of a video site in it:
1) youtube
2) Vimeo
etc...
The forum automatically reconizes as a video and will post it as such.

Now what might work is this:

[url="http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=946"]http://yecheadquarters.org/?p=946[/url]

You just copy this and paste in into you sig, then replace the links with your link and it should show up as a link instead of a video. The reason I put the code in a code box is that inside a code box you can see the actual code. Code boxes disable the forum from making links or videos.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

Okay, I fixed it for you.

#6 Bonedigger

Bonedigger

Admin Team

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts
  • Interests:Creation, Vertebrate Paleontology-particularly mammals and especially Perissodactyls & Carnivores, Hunting, Shooting, Handloading, Weaving Chainmaille, Hebrew and other Biblically relevant languages, Astronomy
  • Christian
  • Colorado

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Here is a simple step by step walk-through for embedding youtube videos in your post in the current IP Board version (for PC users, not sure how Mac users can do it).

First, on the youtube page (or any page with an embed of the video), hover your mouse over the "Watch later" option (the clock symbol)--screenshot below, indicated by the green arrow.

YouTubeEmbed-001_zps532d7b32.jpg

Right-click on the clock symbol, and you will get a pop up menu. Select "Copy video URL" (screenshot below).

YouTubeEmbed-002_zps9f7b9562.jpg

A narrow window with the link will pop up (screenshot below)

YouTubeEmbed-003_zpsf90185ca.jpg

Right-click on the text in the window and select "copy" (screen shot below).

YouTubeEmbed-004_zpsecda5e44.jpg

You can now paste that URL in your post wherever you want (Ctrl + "v" to paste), and the video will be embedded in your post.

In short, when you paste the embed text in your post, if you have BBCode turned off, it should look something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNmeX3aHvsc&feature=player_embedded 
P.S. If you are using the Full Editor to make your post, you can preview the post first to make sure the embed worked.

#7 Bonedigger

Bonedigger

Admin Team

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts
  • Interests:Creation, Vertebrate Paleontology-particularly mammals and especially Perissodactyls & Carnivores, Hunting, Shooting, Handloading, Weaving Chainmaille, Hebrew and other Biblically relevant languages, Astronomy
  • Christian
  • Colorado

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

As it turns out, it depends on what browser you are using. In my guide above, I was using Firefox, and Mozilla has disabled their browser from accessing your computer clipboard, which is why the narrow window pops up when I would go to copy the URL, and why I could just paste the link in my post and it would embed. In Internet Explorer 10, you have to do an extra step when posting the embed. When you paste the embed link in your post, the forum automatically converts it to a hyperlink.

Attached File  Youtube embed-001.jpg   40.53KB   0 downloads

Before you post, you have to break the hyperlink. Highlight the link, and then click the little unlink button (red arrow).

Attached File  Youtube embed-002.jpg   43.75KB   0 downloads

This converts it back to plain text:

Attached File  Youtube embed-003.jpg   41.27KB   1 downloads

and allows it to embed the video directly in your post, rather than link to an external URL.

Attached File  Youtube embed-004.jpg   124.78KB   0 downloads

#8 Adam Nagy

Adam Nagy

Honorable Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7048 posts
  • Christian
  • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

I've been forcing myself to get proficient at using my iPhone for all Forum activity. It seems I have issues embedding YouTube videos. Any advice? Anybody else torturing themselves like I am?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users