Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

"A man changed against his will is of the same opinion still".

Indeed! ;)

#42 Hawkins

Hawkins

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Christian
  • Old Earth Creationist
  • Hong Kong

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Book of Revelation,
In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people...

They are so predictable and thus was prophesied.

#43 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

My big problem is when people misrepresent science or try to censor science due to their beliefs. This is because I love science (although my love of science came long after my athieism) and I hate to see it misused because I feel people may miss out on how truly beautiful it is. What could be more amazing than to know that our Earth is 4.6 Billion years old, that the Universe is 13.72 Billion years old.

Indeed, that that WOULD be amazing, because we don KNOW that either one of those figures are true... Frenger was attempting to pass his "belief" off as "knowledge", and in doing so he was stultifying his previous statement... This is known as being a hypocrite.

#44 Codex

Codex

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • New York

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

Instead of enjoying their lives and not worrying about religion, atheists seem to prefer spending their time talking about God. They are more obsessed with the Bible and Christianity then Christians.

This is very ironic to me considering it is posted on a website dedicated entirely to evolution and operated and frequently primarily by those that do not believe in it, could I not in the same vein state that creationists are obsessed with evolution?

#45 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Johnstown, PA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

Instead of enjoying their lives and not worrying about religion, atheists seem to prefer spending their time talking about God. They are more obsessed with the Bible and Christianity then Christians.

This is very ironic to me considering it is posted on a website dedicated entirely to evolution and operated and frequently primarily by those that do not believe in it, could I not in the same vein state that creationists are obsessed with evolution?

No, because many theists consider themselves evolutionists, But few, if any, atheists consider themselves theists. Second, the arguements here are based on evidence. The atheists has absolutley NO materialistic evidence for a naturalistic origins for ANYTING. Therefore they MUST argue 'a priori'.

#46 Mike Summers

Mike Summers

Veteran Member

• Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • Interests:Information theory, electronics, videography, writing, human psychology, psychotherapy
  • Christian
  • Creationist
  • Detroit Michigan area

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yep! But consider. If someone truly believes in evolution, the only valid conclusion that they would have to come to. would be to blameed evolution for all human mess. . Therefore those that are obcessed with blaming religion and an alleged non existent deity are truly deceived. Since according to them evolution is the only game in town, it (evo) is what has to be blamed for the mess on planet earth.

No doubt some evos probably think we are "unfit" and natural selection will not select for us. Now I find that very amusing LOL
I think that an athesist is a human, like all us, that somehow came to feel that it is his or her job to declare who or can not exist. Sightly arrogant I would say! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users