• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2480 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:28 PM

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings (Proverbs 25:2)

The purpose of this forum is to share hidden treasures of the Bible. It is intended for Christians to discuss various truths that are woven within the Bible but not readily obvious on the surface, and reflect and comment on them. The forum should have a general spirit of sharing and reflecting, not debating, though there will be times when some disagreements over an interpretation will occur – this is acceptable, provided the discussion remains within the non-confrontational and sincere tone of the forum.

Non-Christians are asked not to start topics, but are welcome to post comments or questions to current threads, provided they are non-combative and constructive inquiries that will not take the topic off-course.

Sincerely,
Fred Williams
My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. (Proverbs 2:1-5)

#2 masonandrews

masonandrews

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Comparing the physics of light, from the smallest paritcle to the universe, to theology, emphasizing christianity.<br />
  • Christian
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Saginaw, Mi.

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

Through the study of quantum physics, one finds that all matter is held together by light and all matter is made of light. This can be compared to the power of God....Colossians 1,17..."And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

#3 twinc

twinc

• Advanced member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Christian
  • BIRKENHEAD,UK

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:16 AM

Through the study of quantum physics, one finds that all matter is held together by light and all matter is made of light.  This can be compared to the power of God....Colossians 1,17..."And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

View Post

it is interesting to note that Jesus said "I am the light of the world" - it seems He meant this not just in the spiritual sense - without light nothing can be seen and anything not seen does not exist - it is not possible that there could be or is a flower somewhere that blooms unseen and wastes its sweetness on the desert air - btw one of the greatest achievements of science was the dematerialisation of matter - so there is really no matter just a grand illusion shared by all mankind possibly as a result of the Fall - we have fallen from a mental/spiritual creation into a material one - twinc

#4 dmwessel

dmwessel

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Alberta, Canada

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

Not noticeable are the secret things of the Lord. The Bible is a puzzle:

"Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." (Prov. 4:7-9)

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." (Prov. 9:10, 1:7)

"The fear of the Lord is His treasure." (Isaiah 33:6)

"I rejoice at your word, as one who finds great treasure." (Psalm 119:162)

Therefore, the fear of the Lord is 'your word/God's treasure'.

The treasure contains rubies and pearls:

"Happy is the man who finds wisdom...She is more precious than rubies." (Proverbs 3:13)

"Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. She considers a field and buys it." (Prov. 31:10-16)

"Again, the kingdom of heaven like unto treasure hid a field...sells all he has and buys that field." (Matt. 13:44)

"Who when he had found one pearl of great price (wisdom), went and sold all that he had and bought it..."

Obviously the virtuous wife is wisdom (her/she/it)!

"Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding." (Eccl. 12:11a - wisdom/instruction/understanding = synonyms)

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." (John 17:17)

In other words 'sell your old knowledge and buy the truth (wisdom)'. Through the progression we see that wisdom is the pearl of great price but we would not know that by general observation.

Obviously God's writings are self-interpreting - we need only know the method (wisdom) for putting the puzzle together properly.

#5 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

Not noticeable are the secret things of the Lord. The Bible is a puzzle:

"Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." (Prov. 4:7-9)

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." (Prov. 9:10, 1:7)

"The fear of the Lord is His treasure." (Isaiah 33:6)

"I rejoice at your word, as one who finds great treasure." (Psalm 119:162)

Therefore, the fear of the Lord is 'your word/God's treasure'.

The treasure contains rubies and pearls:

"Happy is the man who finds wisdom...She is more precious than rubies." (Proverbs 3:13)

"Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. She considers a field and buys it." (Prov. 31:10-16)

"Again, the kingdom of heaven like unto treasure hid a field...sells all he has and buys that field." (Matt. 13:44)

"Who when he had found one pearl of great price (wisdom), went and sold all that he had and bought it..."

Obviously the virtuous wife is wisdom (her/she/it)!

"Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding." (Eccl. 12:11a - wisdom/instruction/understanding = synonyms)

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." (John 17:17)

In other words 'sell your old knowledge and buy the truth (wisdom)'. Through the progression we see that wisdom is the pearl of great price but we would not know that by general observation.

Obviously God's writings are self-interpreting - we need only know the method (wisdom) for putting the puzzle together properly.

View Post

So what your are trying to imply is that those from the past did not have truth. And it was not until Darwin came onto the scene that truth about the Bible was found? I say these because you are TE. And you would post what supports TE. So according to that logic, your post implies these things.

The Bible was always a puzzle until Darwin put the pieces together, right?

Question: How does an atheist find the truth in God's word, when he has rejected God and did not use the Bible?

#6 dmwessel

dmwessel

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Alberta, Canada

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

So what your are trying to imply is that those from the past did not have truth. And it was not until Darwin came onto the scene that truth about the Bible was found? I say these because you are TE. And you would post what supports TE. So according to that logic, your post implies these things.

What's a TE?

I strictly quoted the Bible! How on earth did you get anything, Darwin, out of that!!

The Bible was always a puzzle until Darwin put the pieces together, right?

Are you out of your mind! If you did not see it, I was showing how the Bible is amazing because it's self-interpreting.

I'm completely baffled because I said nothing at all about Darwin, neither is there anything in that quote that even hints of it...

This situation reminds me of when Jesus quoted scripture to the scribes and teachers of the law and they would twist the meanings.

#7 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

What's a TE?

I strictly quoted the Bible! How on earth did you get anything, Darwin, out of that!!
Are you out of your mind! If you did not see it, I was showing how the Bible is amazing because it's self-interpreting.

I'm completely baffled because I said nothing at all about Darwin, neither is there anything in that quote that even hints of it... 

This situation reminds me of when Jesus quoted scripture to the scribes and teachers of the law and they would twist the meanings.

View Post

TE = Theistic evolutionist.

Evolution is not mentioned as part of the creation. But it is indirectly referred to.

deut 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

My belief (YEC) does not twist the word, and I would challenge you to prove otherwise.

#8 dmwessel

dmwessel

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • no affiliation
  • Theistic Evolutionist
  • Alberta, Canada

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

TE = Theistic evolutionist.

Evolution is not mentioned as part of the creation. But it is indirectly referred to.

deut 32:18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

My belief (YEC) does not twist the word, and I would challenge you to prove otherwise.

View Post

Again, where in that post of scripture verses can you see any hint of Darwin?

I supposed that you would be happy (and amazed) to see the way in which God's word (line upon line, precept upon precept) explains everything so clearly!

Did you know that wisdom was the pearl of great price?

It's not at all evident by general reading that God actually hid the real meanings. We can however, unravel them if we use this method.

We don't have to interpret - God interprets everything for us, which is the better way because it brings glory to him and keeps us from spiritual error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users