ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • Young Earth Creationist
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:47 PM

My 76 year old mother went into the hospital yesterday because of a bowel bockage. She has had colon cancer surgery before, so this was not good. I had been praying for her recovery. Knowing a little about spiritual warfare, I was rebuking what had caused the problem.

While getting ready to go to the hospital, a tv show came on talking about healing. Two older, and more well seasoned pastors were talking about some experiences they had witnessed. And one made a comment I had never heard before. He said that some human problems need healing, some need a miracle. And there is a difference when you pray between the two.

So I started thinking that maybe I need to ask for a miracle instead of a healing. Because of her condition that's about what it would take. Within the hour of praying for a miracle, she got better. Doctors don't quite know what to make of it because they had already scheduled emergency surgery for that day. So now everything is in limbo on what the doctors are going to do next.

They want to do a inspection with a fiber optic camera to make sure everything is alright. She may just walk out of the hospital tomorrow. :huh:

In case anyone is wondering if this was a miracle, I give you more info. The blocking mass has swelled up to the size of a babies head which had made her stomach poking out. Or in medical terms, her abdomen was extended by the mass. The danger in this is when you have swelling in the colon is that it cuts off blood flow, which is cutting off oxygen to that area. Which can make that part of the colon die. And is the reason the surgeons wanted to operate as quickly as possible.

The colon also has a tendency to turn into gangrene when this happens. Which is what one of the concerns were. My dad died from a very similar situation, so I know what the danger was. The confirmation of the miracle is that she is given a clean bill of heath and no colon damage. :D

To God be the Glory.

Issac

#2 Fred Williams

Fred Williams

Administrator / Forum Owner

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2466 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy going to Broncos games, my son's HS basketball & baseball games, and my daughter's piano & dance recitals. I enjoy playing basketball (when able). I occasionally play keyboards for my church's praise team. I am a Senior Staff Firmware Engineer at Micron, and am co-host of Real Science Radio.
  • Christian
  • Broomfield, Colorado

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for sharing this Isaac. I'll be sure to include her in my prayers that all goes well with the fiber optic inspection. Please keep us posted.

Fred

#3 ikester7579

ikester7579

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12500 posts
  • Interests:God, creation, etc...
  • Christian
  • I'm non-denominational

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:06 PM

She came home on sat. And is doing fine. The doctors still don't understand it. But science has never understood miracles anyway,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users